2 Pages V  < 1 2  
No Tabs On Some Lessons
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 12:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You should alert the support for that lesson since it should contain tab. All lessons should have tabs only famous ones don't.

QUOTE (fkalich @ Apr 1 2010, 11:34 PM) *
I noticed that the Slash Country lesson from a few weeks ago did not have a tab. I just used the GP file to print it. I assumed that was a programming error. Maybe that is the case on some lessons, and the site support should be alerted?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Apr 2 2010, 01:38 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 2 2010, 06:37 AM) *
You should alert the support for that lesson since it should contain tab. All lessons should have tabs only famous ones don't.

Hello, my name is Freddie and I'm a tabaholic...I need a 12 step program to stay off tabs tongue.gif

This site has helped me in so many ways, many of which I didnn't even expect when I started.
For cpyrighted material I sometimes buy the tabs in a separate book or find that I already have them in something like the Guitar Tab White Pages or an issue of a magazine. Then I'll tab it out myself in Guitar Pro...this has made me better at working in Guitar Pro so I can write my own stuff as soon as my own stuff doesn't make people wish they were deaf dry.gif

Lately I've taken to heart other musicians' insistence on the importance of ear training, so I don't even look at the tabs at first. I just watch the slow videos and maybe peek at the key signature, chords, and scales. I only look at the tabs as a last resort. This takes a lot longer (seriously...a LOT longer) for me, but I'm hoping it will pay off over time before I die.

Just my 2 cents...may not be for everyone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah you are complitely right! Its always better to use ears and looking at the videos then using tabs as it will develop your ear and transcribing skill greatly. But in my statment I was referring to GMC standard and that paticular lesson that has tab missing... smile.gif

QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Apr 2 2010, 02:38 PM) *
Hello, my name is Freddie and I'm a tabaholic...I need a 12 step program to stay off tabs tongue.gif

This site has helped me in so many ways, many of which I didnn't even expect when I started.
For cpyrighted material I sometimes buy the tabs in a separate book or find that I already have them in something like the Guitar Tab White Pages or an issue of a magazine. Then I'll tab it out myself in Guitar Pro...this has made me better at working in Guitar Pro so I can write my own stuff as soon as my own stuff doesn't make people wish they were deaf dry.gif

Lately I've taken to heart other musicians' insistence on the importance of ear training, so I don't even look at the tabs at first. I just watch the slow videos and maybe peek at the key signature, chords, and scales. I only look at the tabs as a last resort. This takes a lot longer (seriously...a LOT longer) for me, but I'm hoping it will pay off over time before I die.

Just my 2 cents...may not be for everyone.

p.s. I think famous lessons do have a clear instruction on how to play certain parts, you just have to look/listen closer smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Apr 2 2010, 05:43 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Just make a tab on a sheet of paper while listening to the verbal explanation of the notes. It will take some time, but You will have a tab. Anyway that's what I would to when learning any of those famous songs lessons.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 05:47 PM
That or he can play along. There is an option of repeating certain parts of a video in a loop- that's what those two white triangle over the video progress bar are for smile.gif Pretty hand for this kind of lessons...

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Apr 2 2010, 06:43 PM) *
Just make a tab on a sheet of paper while listening to the verbal explanation of the notes. It will take some time, but You will have a tab. Anyway that's what I would to when learning any of those famous songs lessons.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:16 PM