24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24  
Gas. What Next?
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2016, 12:00 AM
GMC:er
I went on a bit of a Ibby Buying spree this year. Even though I sorta didn't plan to. Just kept seeing good deals on Ibbys!! Now I even have a PGM. I did put two ibby's up for consigment but I still have 6 left so I still need to get rid of at least one to buy more on my (half a dozen max) plan smile.gif

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2016, 07:20 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (bleez @ Sep 21 2016, 09:56 PM) *
it's not a 2001 model? That's a pity.... older things are better biggrin.gif
Personally, I like the 3 saddle bridge as well but I can only echo what Metray said, its a US tele and looks good, Im sure it sounds just as good smile.gif
I absolutely adore my tele, I think everyone should have one biggrin.gif

Sorry mate. that was a typo, it is 2001, I've edited it now rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 21 2016, 09:30 PM) *
Although there are way more experienced members here than me when it comes to Tele, from the Tele's I've played the type of bridge matters to me alot.

I haven't modded a bridge to hear the difference but my general observation is the 6 saddle vs the classic 3 makes a difference in tone character. The so called "twang" is more upfront with the classic 3 saddle while with the 6 though its still there a bit more subtle.

I see more 6 saddle versions on store walls than 3 and that makes sense to me as its more suited for the modern player, its probably more comfortable for most and for non-tele-traditional music genre's their tone can be more versatile.

Its and American Tele that looks cool so it can't be bad, if the price is good then a good deal. I'd only suggest trying a 3 saddle Tele too before pulling the trigger.

I have played a 3 saddle, didn't like the feel, loved the tone. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 22 2016, 09:23 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2016, 07:20 AM) *
Sorry mate. that was a typo, it is 2001, I've edited it now rolleyes.gif

I have played a 3 saddle, didn't like the feel, loved the tone. cool.gif

considering both of the above points...... its a tempting guitar smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2016, 10:19 PM
Man, next time I'm up in Scotland, we have to go for a pint or fifteen wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Sep 22 2016, 10:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2016, 10:19 PM) *
Man, next time I'm up in Scotland, we have to go for a pint or fifteen wink.gif

Yes indeed. If you are up in Scotland and I dont hear from you.... there will be trouble cool.gif
Although I cant remember the last time I drank a pint, I think 2 would probably floor me rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2016, 08:23 PM
Tele had been sold when I got there, my fault, I didn't put a deposit on it. My mate has some things of mine for sale in the shop and I said I would probably have it when they sold but not to wait for me. I have been known to bottle out of buying guitars before when they are in that price range rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 23 2016, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 23 2016, 07:23 PM) *
Tele had been sold when I got there, my fault, I didn't put a deposit on it. My mate has some things of mine for sale in the shop and I said I would probably have it when they sold but not to wait for me. I have been known to bottle out of buying guitars before when they are in that price range rolleyes.gif

Don't worry, my friend who is a Tele-manic started off with a lowest-range squier simply because the neck shape was very comfortable to him (they can be very different among models).

Later he modded it and still has it being played as much as the expensive guitars he got. So its best to find whats for you by trying whatever you come by and not rush smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2016, 09:07 PM
I had tried it and it was lovely, the neck was quite rounded but felt very comfortable.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 6 2017, 09:05 PM
OK, I'm Jonesing for a Tele, been doing some research and it turns out the Baja Classic Player is better than the American std and much less money. A friend works in PMT in Birmingham and I'm going to try one when I get chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7m8rI9l4pE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8XGTxXDajc

http://theguitarreview.com/2014/05/13/bajatele1/

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleCPBjBl/reviews

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Feb 6 2017, 10:31 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 6 2017, 08:05 PM) *
OK, I'm Jonesing for a Tele, been doing some research and it turns out the Baja Classic Player is better than the American std and much less money. A friend works in PMT in Birmingham and I'm going to try one when I get chance.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 7 2017, 05:13 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 6 2017, 12:05 PM) *

It looks like you may have caught that Tele bug that has been going around lately. wink.gif To be honest, I have been eyeballing some used ones myself. I probably won't pull the trigger though. Or will I? biggrin.gif

https://anchorage.craigslist.org/msg/5909868245.html
https://anchorage.craigslist.org/msg/5978186309.html

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 7 2017, 05:23 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 7 2017, 07:23 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 6 2017, 08:05 PM) *

You're actually lucky even finding one, where I live even if the price is half-decent used still these guitars don't wait much to find their new owner smile.gif ofcourse, inspect it well before pulling the trigger

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 7 2017, 04:13 PM) *

Unlike many "kinds" of guitars, tele's can sound wildly different from one another so best is trying some in stores before going to the wild (unless you find something that seriously can't be missed for the money I guess)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 7 2017, 09:38 PM
Thanks folks,

As these hold their money quite well used I'll probably go for a brand new one from PMT in Birmingham where my mate works. Has to be a blonde one though. I got the bug even more when I visited Denmark Street in London at the weekend. rolleyes.gif Check out some pics HERE

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 7 2017, 09:50 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Feb 7 2017, 09:54 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 7 2017, 08:38 PM) *
Thanks folks,

As these hold their money quite well used I'll probably go for a brand new one from PMT in Birmingham where my mate works. Has to be a blonde one though. I got the bug even more when I visited Denmark Street in London at the weekend. rolleyes.gif Check out some pics HERE

Damn, now I want a tele too biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 7 2017, 10:49 PM
We'll have to start a GMC Tele owners club wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

24 Pages V  « < 22 23 24
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:37 AM