> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Soloing #1, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

SpiritCrusher
Jun 13 2014, 06:34 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Beginner Soloing #1 by Darius Wave

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 14 2014, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Hey there matey! Glad you decided to post the take here as well!

I have answered your PM, in which I pointed out all the little details that could make this take shine at full light smile.gif You have already provided an good rendition so, in order to take it as close as possible to perfection, please let me know if you have any questions in respect to it and I will be glad to continue to provide assistance wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 14 2014, 08:40 PM
Instructor
Hi little Ozzy! Good job with this lesson! You've already learnt each part very well and now it's time to work on details. I notice some little pitch issues starting at 00:28, and also when you go to the higher frets, I'm not sure if this is a problem with your strings, your guitar or maybe just a tuning issue. There are also some little timing issues starting at 00:35, when you play 16th notes.

My suggestion is to take this one to a new level, take each phrase, compare it to the original lesson and try to emulate Darius dynamics, feeling and groove. It would be a great and useful exercise. Once you are able to imitate it, start working on variations of those phrases over the backing. Try to make the licks of your own.

Keep on rocking

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Guido Bungenstoc...
Jun 15 2014, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Alright mate!!!

You learnt all the part of the lesson accurate!

But now it's time to make this alive! Try to play with more expression & MORE dynamic! It's a ballad, so show your emotions in your playing!! ;-) At the beginning just exaggerate it a bit to get an idea of it. Then later bring it down again to a normal level. Sometime it helps to play just a little softer in general to get more feeling for your playing because you have more room for louder notes if you need them.

Add more smooth vibratos and your guitar starts to sing by itself! Listen to players like Neal Schon or Andy Timmons, These players have a lot of expression in their ballads.

Also keep an eye of your intonation, some bendings aren't in tune. Specially in ballads all little issues in timing, bending, vibrato etc. come in front because there is more space to make them. :-D

Keep rockin'!

This post has been edited by Guido Bungenstock: Jun 15 2014, 03:19 PM

--------------------
FIND ME HERE AT:
Guidorist.com

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
Jun 15 2014, 07:16 PM
Instructor
Nice, man! Glad to see you here! I'm sure that if you work on hard on the suggestions my fellow instructors gave you, you will become a great guitarist. Tone, timing, passion and a lot of work is they key to a great sound smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 15 2014, 07:29 PM
Instructor
Hey man! Great to see Your take over my lesson smile.gif Guys spotted a lot of most important aspects so I don't have to write a poem here.

You got some things done - the sketch i correct. Justa some pitch and timming issues. Now the biggest work with this lesson are the dynamics. It's demanding in both cases - good tone match (the one that makes those dynamic clear and breathing) and picking hand as main tone color tool - pick angles, picking strenghth. Try to take all thins apart. The beginning is mostly in the good direction but the firther we go You start to foregt about different picking strength and some faster lick become to sound flat. Try to spend some more time listening to original lesson and being focused on where I play softer (tyone i warmer, less attack) and where parts are bright and tight with hard picking.

Bridge position is not the best one for this particular lesson though gain amount You setup is a good match smile.gif

Go one more time through the tabs - bar by bar. At some moment You pick too much notes - the spots where notes should be played legato

Also...it's very important to let each note sustain as long as it's possible to make fluent connection ( like 0:22). The deal is to take the finger off at last possible moment

Keep in mind that those sugesstion are based on comparison to no compromise, professional playing skills. Those are things You should focus on to reach the "studio quality" BUT....don't get upset of those. What You did is a great piece of job and we speak only about the details smile.gif I pleased by Your take - lot of good work there smile.gif Thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 16 2014, 10:09 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 7.4

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:53 AM