Christophe Godin, Interesting lesson on ear training
JkB
Jul 13 2010, 02:51 PM
GMC:er
I don't know if this has been ever posted before but anyway I thought i'd share this smile.gif

Christophe Godin is a french guitarist and a really funny guy. I'm not even familiar with his music but i came across this video on youtube and found it very interesting.
It's about using all the scales in a more abstract way and only think in terms of intervals. He also does some crazy scat singing wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyDhSJxwIFg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jul 13 2010, 03:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
I already started to do that kind of training..

But thanks for sharing...

And what an ugly guitar huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Jul 13 2010, 03:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Very interesting! Thanks for sharing. Would be curious to hear what some of the instructors think about this method.

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 13 2010, 04:27 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It's sick how he can sing what he plays so fast tongue.gif If I could do that, solo writing would be so easy tongue.gif I want to learn that so bad tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 13 2010, 05:05 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Very informative and how we actually need to practice. smile.gif Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Jul 13 2010, 09:48 PM
GMC:er
Awesome video! But that guitar ís hella ugly!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 14 2010, 04:29 PM
Jazz Instructor
Very interesting! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 14 2010, 09:22 PM
Instructor
This is how I do it too, it's always great to form new systems of exercises using vocal melodies. When they start to match all the time, bingo smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Jul 15 2010, 02:15 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 14 2010, 03:22 PM) *
This is how I do it too, it's always great to form new systems of exercises using vocal melodies. When they start to match all the time, bingo smile.gif

I have never seen a lesson on this. I have heard about it from time to time. But I have never seen someone actually teach it. It would be nice to see it taught from a beginner stage on through to an advanced stage.

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 15 2010, 02:38 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think if someone bought this guitar we wouldn't see a "New Guitar Day!" post. Interesting video though.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:54 PM