Paul Gilbert Explains Shredding In One Vid :)
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2019, 05:33 AM
GMC:er
Here is the man himself in one of his early vids. This vid is decades old at this point and probably grabbed from VHS. Yet, it still has timeless jewels of wisdom about picking He goes in to dynamics and accenting on picking. These old vids of his compress a TON of info about picking in to a very concise bit of info.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2019, 05:21 PM
Instructor
Paul has been always inspiring. It'a big influence for me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 19 2019, 06:30 PM
Notice the gain is actually pretty low

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 19 2019, 08:30 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This is the video I was trying to find to show Gab, in particular this section >>> https://youtu.be/YOHX2lfW-BI?t=2594

Thanks Todd

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2019, 09:21 PM
Same here smile.gif Great player. Very versatile. Gets painted as a "shredder" but he's got a lot more to him.
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 19 2019, 12:21 PM) *
Paul has been always inspiring. It'a big influence for me.

BINGO!!! He gives a great tone example

Todd
QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 19 2019, 01:30 PM) *
Notice the gain is actually pretty low

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2019, 11:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 19 2019, 04:30 PM) *
This is the video I was trying to find to show Gab, in particular this section >>> https://youtu.be/YOHX2lfW-BI?t=2594

Thanks Todd

Oh yeah! I’ve seen him talking about this many times. It’s very helpful.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 20 2019, 12:34 AM
Sure thing!!! It's a great vid imho. He talks a lot about "pure rythm". Music really is based on rythm/time. Even without tonality, it's the point/counterpoint of rythm that creates tension/release in music. Then you add melody/harmony/dissonance, and you have something special. I started as a drummer, which I think every musician, no matter what instrument they play, should learn to play drums. Being able to keep time, being able to understand music in terms of the beat/rythm is crucial imho.
Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 19 2019, 03:30 PM) *

Thanks Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:46 AM