Quick Licks #102 - Pentatonic/open String/double Hammer-on
Todd Simpson
Oct 19 2019, 10:32 PM
GMC:er
This one uses a Pentatonic shape along with open string hammer ons done as doubles. Three note sequences that repeat twice. So strike the open string, then hammer on the next two notes. There is pick notation in the Guitar Pro File. Keep a good palm mute on this one to avoid string noise. Don't try to shred the living daylights out of it on the first go. Give yourself a minute to get used to it. Once you get used to it, the speed will just happen!

Attached File  102.gp5 ( 1.79K ) Number of downloads: 13169

Attached Image

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 19 2019, 11:58 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 25 2019, 08:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Take 1 Sarge:

https://youtu.be/d49oMYT3F24

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2019, 02:47 AM
NAILED IT !!!!! That's it exactly. Strike, two hammer ons, repeat, traverse, start again. It's just a subtle change on one of our previous licks actually. This one works slow as well. Fast or slow it's a go! Try it on one of your blues solos! This pattern works through the entire scale as well.
You just..
LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 25 2019, 03:35 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 26 2019, 06:16 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 26 2019, 07:39 AM
Thanks Todd, did you like the snazzy trousers? laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2019, 06:04 PM
Love the trousers and the red goes with the shirt! Great combo. Looks cool on vid as well. Is that a new PRS? Nice!
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 26 2019, 02:39 AM) *
Thanks Todd, did you like the snazzy trousers? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 26 2019, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 26 2019, 06:04 PM) *
Love the trousers and the red goes with the shirt! Great combo. Looks cool on vid as well. Is that a new PRS? Nice!

Thanks Todd,

I've had the PRS SE a while now, it's a Custom 24 in Amethyst quilted maple, I treated myself for my 50th birthday, Amethyst is my birthstone, not that I'm into that kinda thing but it was the only excuse I needed. It has the best bird inlays IMHO, the 24th fret one still looks like a bird unlike on my 7 String Custom 24 where it looks like a splodge, I also like the twin birds at the 12th fret wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 27 2019, 02:20 AM
Nice axe!! The top is indeed spiff as well as the inlays!!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 26 2019, 03:23 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I've had the PRS SE a while now, it's a Custom 24 in Amethyst quilted maple, I treated myself for my 50th birthday, Amethyst is my birthstone, not that I'm into that kinda thing but it was the only excuse I needed. It has the best bird inlays IMHO, the 24th fret one still looks like a bird unlike on my 7 String Custom 24 where it looks like a splodge, I also like the twin birds at the 12th fret wink.gif

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jan 12 2020, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2020, 01:04 AM
Welcome back!! Here he comes hot on the heels of PHIL66! You've clearly got this lick sorted out. You can play it with precision and speed and not have extra string noise. Try this method on every scale you know that matches to an open string. It's a way to get a free note and make every string a 3 note per string lick!
You got it and just

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Todd

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jan 12 2020, 02:28 PM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:55 PM