Howdy From The Netherlands, Some fruitcake has just arived...
Mer-V
Jul 18 2007, 02:21 PM
GMC:er
Hello all members of this GMC forum smile.gif.

With this I like to take the opportunity to introduce myself propperly to y'all.

My name is Robert Smit and I'm from a small city (its actually a village since I hasn't got the right to be a city, but its big enough to be one) called Emmen which is in the North-East of the Netherlands. So far I've lived to see 18 springs, with my 19th birthday comming right up in september. What more to tell? Hmm, well I'm going to study Internatiol Hospitality Management next year, which I hope to compleet in 4 years and after that, well, I'll just see ^^.

I have no idea how I reached this site in the first place (I think it was because of youtube though, via Kris's mad 'Chicken Pickin' lesson tongue.gif), but so far I've been around the site for almost a year mostly checking the licks of the day and the free section (which I can't seem to find anymore...). A few months ago I gave up real guitar lessons because I wouldn't have time for them anymore with my new study, but decided that I didn't want to give up guitar playing, so I subscribed to GMC. The first thing I want to say about the site and its content is;

Whoa!

The quality and originality of the lessons is amazing, and so far I've enjoyed every attempt at playing whatever I saw. Especially Pavels Rock 'n Rythm lessons are classical, all verry nice to learn, allthough I might not even be able to play ghehe.

My musical preferences go out to all that rocks, some blues and most metal genre's (I'm not that charmed with death/black metal, or those extreems).

Well, that's about everything you need to know about me (well actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you din't gave a s***, but whatever haha tongue.gif).

Regards, MerV

Edited for language - Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 18 2007, 02:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 18 2007, 02:56 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi Merv, and Welcome - glad you finally took the plunge smile.gif

Please check out the posting guidelines for future posts, we are doing our best to keep things polite and civil around here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=5086

Keep rocking !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Jul 18 2007, 02:56 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jul 18 2007, 03:10 PM
Hey, howdy from the Netherlands too!

Where are you from?

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Jul 18 2007, 04:51 PM
Welcome smile.gif

This is a great place to improve your skills and most of the people here are nice and will help you out.

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 18 2007, 05:27 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome! smile.gif

QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jul 18 2007, 04:10 PM) *
Hey, howdy from the Netherlands too!

Where are you from?

I'm guessing Emmen, which is in the North-East of the Netherlands.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mer-V
Jul 18 2007, 06:24 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 18 2007, 06:27 PM) *
Welcome! smile.gif
I'm guessing Emmen, which is in the North-East of the Netherlands.

tongue.gif

Whoa, you must be some psychic or sumtin, how did you know?!

lol tongue.gif, Yeah ezravdb I mentioned that in the first few lines of my post. I take it you are from the Netherlands yourself as well?

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Jul 18 2007, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (Mer-V @ Jul 18 2007, 07:24 PM) *
Whoa, you must be some psychic or sumtin, how did you know?!

lol tongue.gif, Yeah ezravdb I mentioned that in the first few lines of my post. I take it you are from the Netherlands yourself as well?

LOL, woops I should have read your post more carefully laugh.gif

A lil bit Dutch:

Zo, je komt dus uit Drenthe ergens in de buurt?
Emmen, daar ben ik weleens geweest volgens mij.
Ken je het "Beloofde Land" dat is een camping.
Daar ben ik op vakantie geweest.
Ik kom uit Waddinxveen in Zuid Holland.

tot gitaars!
BTW, heb jij Marcel Coenen weleens ontmoet?
ik niet sad.gif

enjoy your stay!

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Jul 18 2007, 07:16 PM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Mer-V
Jul 18 2007, 09:41 PM
QUOTE (ezravdb @ Jul 18 2007, 08:10 PM) *
LOL, woops I should have read your post more carefully laugh.gif

A lil bit Dutch:

Zo, je komt dus uit Drenthe ergens in de buurt?
Emmen, daar ben ik weleens geweest volgens mij.
Ken je het "Beloofde Land" dat is een camping.
Daar ben ik op vakantie geweest.
Ik kom uit Waddinxveen in Zuid Holland.

tot gitaars!
BTW, heb jij Marcel Coenen weleens ontmoet?
ik niet sad.gif

enjoy your stay!

Nee heb ik niet, zou ik wel willen though ;P. Verder ben ik niet bekend met die camping, hoewel ik moet zeggen dat mijn regionaal bewust zijn hier in drenthe wel ophoud bij de grenzen van Emmen ghehe.

(No I haven't, I'd like to though. I'm not familiar with the campsite you are refering to, although I have to confess that my regional knowledge off drenthe ends at the boundaries of emmen.).

Cheers.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:22 AM