> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 15 2013, 02:12 PM
GMC:er
Hey Cosmin, sorry for the late reply.

Well my pocket right now is at 0 euros, i am actually lookin for a job (since i really hate asking money from my parents, only when i really have to) i may have something, but i really don't know.

You see, i know this dude that owns a music store and he's lookin for music teachers, and he contacted me ( since i am a former student). but i really don't know, im barely a lvl 5 (gmc level) don0t know if i have the qualifications to become one.

Besides i also need money for an acoustic guitar ( do you have ay recommendations?), cuz me and some friend are goin Pseudo-Bear Grills Style to Norway for like 2 and half weeks, and i might get some money out of the streets tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2013, 09:34 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, things sound pretty complicated, hmm?

Without cash, you can't quite manage these days unfortunately. I think you should go for the music shop courses smile.gif Work out a plan for beginners - basic chords and rhythm, I'd say. Level 5 on GMC is not like you are level 5 at a video game and need to be on level 10 to finish it smile.gif Talk to the guitar shop guy and ask him about how he wants to organize things with the courses and I will help you with an approach, in respect to what he says.

About acoustic guitars.. Well, it's the same here man - how much money will you be able to spend? Will it be a simple acoustic or it needs to be plugged? Make a list with the questions that you need answers for and your budget and then we can talk about it, ok?

Another thing - you can always borrow the money from your folks smile.gif They will not want them back, but that doesn't mean you can't use them and buy something you know your parents need after getting them back.

Having these things in mind, let me know what you think, k?

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 21 2013, 08:10 PM
Yep roger, but well my b-day is commin and i am thinkin on asking the good old folks for an acoustic, i really don't want the them to drop too much cash. what would you recomend?

I also need your help on someting else, in your guthrie arp lesson (i will try to record don't know how but i will) you see i have been practicing slowly and whatnot, but it doesn't feel right, like the flow is not right.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 22 2013, 07:31 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - well, how much money do you think you would want your parents to give you? I need a budget in order to be able to recommend something smile.gif

Try this link: http://www.thomann.de/pt/search_dir.html?s...amp;x=0&y=0

And see what fits your price and linking smile.gif Will you buy it online or from a store in your city?

About the Guthrie piece I will answer with a video because I can't emulate a pulse in writing biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 22 2013, 09:07 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 22 2013, 07:31 AM) *
Hey mate - well, how much money do you think you would want your parents to give you? I need a budget in order to be able to recommend something smile.gif

Try this link: http://www.thomann.de/pt/search_dir.html?s...amp;x=0&y=0

And see what fits your price and linking smile.gif Will you buy it online or from a store in your city?

About the Guthrie piece I will answer with a video because I can't emulate a pulse in writing biggrin.gif

I don't know, but i was searching on the old stuff yesterday and well "i've re-founded" this old Acoustic guitar with the body of a banjo, and i though that maybe, maybe instead of buying a new acoustic guitar i might just go and try to restore this old dude (he have more than 20 years blv me or not tongue.gif)

About the Guthrie lesson, i appreciate your time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 23 2013, 12:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Apr 22 2013, 08:07 PM) *
I don't know, but i was searching on the old stuff yesterday and well "i've re-founded" this old Acoustic guitar with the body of a banjo, and i though that maybe, maybe instead of buying a new acoustic guitar i might just go and try to restore this old dude (he have more than 20 years blv me or not tongue.gif)

About the Guthrie lesson, i appreciate your time.

Hey buddy, take a look smile.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 25 2013, 11:08 AM
The sound quality is really dreadful but here it is at 75bpm (excuse me the messy hair)

I think i need to work on the sweep motion a little more.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 25 2013, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! This is not bad - you need a bit more flow on this, but at this tempo it sounds clean and in good timing. Increase the timing at 80% and post again please smile.gif I will slowly raise the bar until you are flying at 100%

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 25 2013, 01:57 PM
Sure thing boss, i will try and post it tomorrow or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 26 2013, 10:43 AM
Instructor
Please do smile.gif I want to help you reach full speed and play it like a boss wink.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Apr 29 2013, 08:27 PM
Hello Cosmin, sorry no video yet, i have been busy with school reports and what not.

i have been practicing though, and there is this problem that doesn't only affects this particular lesson, but my general playing.

You see, there is tiny reall tiny fraction of time right before my fingers hit hte fretboard, where you can see them shaking like they are really nervous like they don't know where they are suppost to go even though i have played for example the piece for some time now.

There is also the tension, man my right hand really builds up tension, not that high! but after some time it makes me go all sloppy.

I would dare to say that my hand is really stressed when playing the guitar tongue.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Apr 29 2013, 10:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2013, 08:20 AM
Instructor
Mate, you realize that this comes from the mind only smile.gif

All you need to do is relax and these issues will be gone by themselves. I used to go there myself a long time ago and still do, when my body catches me unaware. In the Zen philosophy, there is a concept called Zanshin - that means total awareness about everything that surrounds you. In your case, your awareness should notice the signs your body transmits before even hitting the tenseness barrier. Hone your Zanshin towards your body, while practicing at slow speed, whenever you feel your hand getting even a little tense, relax it and continue. This will form a good habit that will have ripples later on smile.gif

Let me know how it feels ok?

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 30 2013, 08:21 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 13 2013, 03:34 PM
dat tension dat tesion man..., it's my main issue sad.gif

anyways 100bpm (Far from perfect)

Since we are in a guthrie row, i might start to work on this one aswell ---> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guthrie-govan-riffing/

Btw, i might not be that active for a while because my finals are really gettin close by.

Edit: And remember that place about working as a teach, well nevermin ._. the store closed

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 14 2013, 12:02 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Hey little buddy! Well, this doesn't look and sound bad at all. There are a few details which you should take into consideration:

- 0:8 - a note that was choked
- 0:11 - you rushed a bit
- 0:18 - you choked the notes again

If you will practice relaxation while playing, these details will also fall into place wink.gif Tell me, is it because of the fact that you think about recording? You could very well push the REC button and do something else and at one point record this while you are already into that state of mind and then, cut it and send it over.

It's all just a matter of relaxation smile.gif I remember having to go through these things myself and it eventually faded away, the more I performed in front of audiences.

What are your thoughts on this, man?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 14 2013, 11:52 AM
i just don't understand my body, sometimes it's like relaxed and i have a nice flow then its just like a lot of tension behind my neck and left arm ._.
It's going take a while before i have control over it.

Anyways, i don't know about rec, cuz as soon as i record both backing and guitar my mic just ...aww doesn't record properly, if i manage to record something i will post it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 12:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 14 2013, 10:52 AM) *
i just don't understand my body, sometimes it's like relaxed and i have a nice flow then its just like a lot of tension behind my neck and left arm ._.
It's going take a while before i have control over it.

Anyways, i don't know about rec, cuz as soon as i record both backing and guitar my mic just ...aww doesn't record properly, if i manage to record something i will post it.

Is it the only recording device you have now?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 18 2013, 12:45 AM
no no sad.gif

but starting to save up money, 75euros so far, i might go for a line6 pod or so?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 18 2013, 12:14 PM
Instructor
It depends on how much you are willing to spend smile.gif Here's what I suggest - why not settle on a budget and then we can see what you can get for that cash, deal?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 18 2013, 02:11 PM
i really didn't want to go deeper than 150 euros!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2013, 09:54 AM
Instructor
Hey mate, how about this one?

http://www.thomann.de/ro/maudio_fast_track.htm

I heard positive things about it smile.gif

There would also be this one, which I worked with and had a very good experience with: http://www.thomann.de/ro/emu_0204_usb.htm

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:54 PM