Introduction To Gmc, Hi Everybody
Rufo
Nov 21 2014, 05:39 PM
GMC:er
Hi. My name is Ronaldo Vega and my nickname is Rufo, I'm 38 years old, As i received an email from GMC i would like to introduce myself.
I'm from Spain but i live in London for few years now. I work as handyman in a Hotel , i like the Job because i have time to practice guitar. i started playing guitar about 7 years a go, But not so seriously because i was traveling around. i would say i'm a advance Beginner ... not Intermediate guitarist yet. as i was discovering another cultures ... If you don't play for 3 months takes time to get the same level as you were playing before.I learnt that,

Now i settle down. So ... i really want to be focus and learn to play guitar Properly. I was searching for a Good guitar Web and i found GMC. i'm impress, really. The idea of play songs with a real backing track along, in the style of bands you like is amazing, Also you have so many good tutorials in a different music styles to choose from...

I Will definitely try the REC system . I've never use a Camcoder . i will found out how to do it ...

Basically I like Rock Music ... Punk . Post Rock . Hard Rock , Heavy Metal .... and also Blues

My Goal will be to know how to compose Songs as ... Choruses , Verses , Structure , Catchy parts , create Tension .... All that stuff you always hear, but you don't know how to apply to .... So i thought i will get ideas as the same time learning the web songs ... I also want to learn the Caged system , somebody told my is very useful.

At the moment i play with a couple friends , we don't sound very well, but we having lots of fun and for me, what's music is all about.
Ok , i don't want to Bored you . Hope to see you around

Best . Rufo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2014, 06:02 PM
Instructor
Hi Rufo! Great introduction! Welcome to GMC and the forum.

I think that your story is very interesting. Travelling and music are a great combination since as you said, when we travel we discover different cultures, different places, ways of living, different people and experiment lots of feelings and situations. All this stuff give you lots of things to say and playing guitar and making music is a great way to express it through your compositions, melodies, phrases, etc.

So I think that the time that you didn't practiced has been really well invested in living. Talking about this, I remembered this video that was shared at the site before, check it out:

In order to being able to express all those ideas that come to our mind and convert them in music we have to make the connection between mind and in our case guitar smooth. The way to do it is practicing guitar to be able to play (technically) whatever comes to mind but we also need to train our ear, and I also think that singing to be able to transpose every melody that comes to our mind instantaneously to our guitar.

GMC is full of stuff that will help you with these things, it will introduce you to new styles of playing and will help you to work on those technique aspects that you are needing, but always in a musical way to make it feel as the real thing.

We are here ready to help you so please feel free to write us every time you need it and don't forget to check REC, Collabs, Vchats and our mentoring programs.

Enjoy the site! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Nov 21 2014, 06:03 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 22 2014, 05:01 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 21 2014, 05:02 PM) *
Hi Rufo! Great introduction! Welcome to GMC and the forum.

I think that your story is very interesting. Travelling and music are a great combination since as you said, when we travel we discover different cultures, different places, ways of living, different people and experiment lots of feelings and situations. All this stuff give you lots of things to say and playing guitar and making music is a great way to express it through your compositions, melodies, phrases, etc.

So I think that the time that you didn't practiced has been really well invested in living. Talking about this, I remembered this video that was shared at the site before, check it out:

In order to being able to express all those ideas that come to our mind and convert them in music we have to make the connection between mind and in our case guitar smooth. The way to do it is practicing guitar to be able to play (technically) whatever comes to mind but we also need to train our ear, and I also think that singing to be able to transpose every melody that comes to our mind instantaneously to our guitar.

GMC is full of stuff that will help you with these things, it will introduce you to new styles of playing and will help you to work on those technique aspects that you are needing, but always in a musical way to make it feel as the real thing.

We are here ready to help you so please feel free to write us every time you need it and don't forget to check REC, Collabs, Vchats and our mentoring programs.

Enjoy the site! smile.gif

Hi Gabriel. First, i want to thank you for all the amazing Tutorial songs you uploading all the time , it's one of the main reason i'm in this site writing to you right now. Specially the Level 2 and 3 which is the perfect challenge for me at the moment. You can start making music straight away in a song context, Brilliant.
I have to also thank you for that inspiring Victor Wooten video . i always thought i was wasting my time hanging around for so long ... Rather than making music, what i love. but, it was something i had to do, As you said ... then, you have it.
So. now its time to work in Technique to tell those fingers emotionally what they have to say ... Wooten ...
I already follow your and Aris Thread about improvisation, and also getting some useful tips from the mentoring program about techniques to. its the same stuff a have to practice, I know because my pinky finger is a Rebel doesn't want to collaborate.
I'm working in one of your Style type songs... The Sex Pistols one . When i get the Camera and to figure out how to use i will upload it for you to see.
I would like to join your Army to, but i have to practice hard to be a good soldier first ... Je je !!!
I have more than enough motivation right now to keep going , comparing myself to the videos i have watched from other students , so far , I'm definitely a beginner guitarist. I can do Power Chords up and down the neck , Basically , that's it ....
This is where my guitar journey begins.

I'll see you Around

Rufo.

+Quote Post
Huargo
Nov 22 2014, 05:27 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi Rufo i'm from Barcelona. Nice to see you here.
Gmc it's the best place to learn guitar. Lots of fun here.
See you!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 22 2014, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (huargo @ Nov 22 2014, 04:27 PM) *
Hi Rufo i'm from Barcelona. Nice to see you here.
Gmc it's the best place to learn guitar. Lots of fun here.
See you!!!!

Hi Huargo . thank you for your welcome. I'm From Asturias . I live in London.
I have been to Barcelona couple months a go visiting some friends . Fascinating City , love it.
I'm for a week at GMC now, as i can see very nice friendly community.

See you Around !!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2014, 08:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rufo @ Nov 22 2014, 01:01 PM) *
Hi Gabriel. First, i want to thank you for all the amazing Tutorial songs you uploading all the time , it's one of the main reason i'm in this site writing to you right now. Specially the Level 2 and 3 which is the perfect challenge for me at the moment. You can start making music straight away in a song context, Brilliant.
I have to also thank you for that inspiring Victor Wooten video . i always thought i was wasting my time hanging around for so long ... Rather than making music, what i love. but, it was something i had to do, As you said ... then, you have it.
So. now its time to work in Technique to tell those fingers emotionally what they have to say ... Wooten ...
I already follow your and Aris Thread about improvisation, and also getting some useful tips from the mentoring program about techniques to. its the same stuff a have to practice, I know because my pinky finger is a Rebel doesn't want to collaborate.
I'm working in one of your Style type songs... The Sex Pistols one . When i get the Camera and to figure out how to use i will upload it for you to see.
I would like to join your Army to, but i have to practice hard to be a good soldier first ... Je je !!!
I have more than enough motivation right now to keep going , comparing myself to the videos i have watched from other students , so far , I'm definitely a beginner guitarist. I can do Power Chords up and down the neck , Basically , that's it ....
This is where my guitar journey begins.

I'll see you Around

Rufo.

Hi Rufo! That's really nice to know. I'm glad to know that my work here has been giving you motivation and ideas to improve your guitar playing. Honestly, you don't need to have a specific level to join my army, you can do it right now if you want, and I'll be there helping you with your current playing, and designing weekly routines based on your goals for both technique and improvisation. It's very important to have a video of you playing some stuff so please contact me as soon as you have the video ready and we will start working.

What do you say? Deal?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 22 2014, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 22 2014, 07:25 PM) *
Hi Rufo! That's really nice to know. I'm glad to know that my work here has been giving you motivation and ideas to improve your guitar playing. Honestly, you don't need to have a specific level to join my army, you can do it right now if you want, and I'll be there helping you with your current playing, and designing weekly routines based on your goals for both technique and improvisation. It's very important to have a video of you playing some stuff so please contact me as soon as you have the video ready and we will start working.

What do you say? Deal?

Hi Gab !! Yep, Definitely Deal . I would be more than happy if you can show me some direction, What to Practice .... and be part of your Army. I want to work Hard. I'll contact you as soon as i have that video.

Thanks

Rufo

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 23 2014, 08:14 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Rufo and welcome to GMC smile.gif See you around the forum wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 23 2014, 12:57 PM
Instructor
Hey Rufo!

Welcome to GMC smile.gif I see that you have already started preparing to work with Gabi, but since we're all here to help, I wanted to let you know that I am also running a mentoring program which you can find out more about here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

.. so if you find it interesting and want to know more about it, please let me know smile.gif Also, I too am looking forward on seeing your video, so that I may send some suggestions, if necessary.

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 23 2014, 07:03 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 23 2014, 11:57 AM) *
Hey Rufo!

Welcome to GMC smile.gif I see that you have already started preparing to work with Gabi, but since we're all here to help, I wanted to let you know that I am also running a mentoring program which you can find out more about here: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

.. so if you find it interesting and want to know more about it, please let me know smile.gif Also, I too am looking forward on seeing your video, so that I may send some suggestions, if necessary.

Hi Monica. Thanks for your welcome. I've seen some of your Videos. You play fantastic . Many congratulations.
i see you in the Forum.

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 23 2014, 07:47 PM
QUOTE (Rufo @ Nov 23 2014, 06:03 PM) *
Hi Monica. Thanks for your welcome. I've seen some of your Videos. You play fantastic . Many congratulations.
i see you in the Forum.

Hi Cosmin.
Thanks for your Welcome. I have to congratulate you for such a amazing work you doing in this site. I'm new here and it's grateful
to see all this support. This will help to keep everyone motivate. I've seen your lessons , They are very inspiring. Hopefully i would be able to play some of them soon ... specially the voice of your guitar one ., nice expressive sounding solo, Love it.
there are some many good things in this site , from the forum to the Rec video system and of Course the mentoring program is unbelievable , to get feed back from a professional guitarist , in my opinion is very positive.
As soon as i get that video done , I'll send it to you to see get your opinion .
I've already checked how to do a video with good sounding guitar , i found it in the Forum ... it's not that difficult.
You need a camera ... first ...
Step by Step .
Thanks again Cosmin.
See you Around.

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Nov 23 2014, 08:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome Rufo!

GMC is a great place, for sure. Without it, I don't think I would have the motivation to spend each day becoming a better musician.

Best of luck! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 23 2014, 09:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Welcome to GMC Rufo,

It's the best place to learn, the teachers/mentors are brilliant.

Enjoy the journey smile.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 23 2014, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 23 2014, 08:34 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Rufo,

It's the best place to learn, the teachers/mentors are brilliant.

Enjoy the journey smile.gif

Phil

Thank you for your welcome Guys. Absolutely agree with you both. This is an amazing site. I'm glad i found it.

See you around

Rufo

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 24 2014, 04:23 AM
Welcome to GMC!!!! I"m Todd and I teach our Weekend Video Chat!! Please do stop by!!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Nov 24 2014, 09:02 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Rufo @ Nov 23 2014, 06:03 PM) *
i see you in the Forum.

Thank you so much for your appreciation, you are too kind smile.gif I just want to mention that all you saw in my playing, it's what my instructor learned me in our mentoring program. For me (and I said this for many times) GMC it's like Wonderland and my instructor it's a wizard who can make miracles biggrin.gif I'm sure you will love this community wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2014, 10:53 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rufo @ Nov 23 2014, 06:47 PM) *
Hi Cosmin.
Thanks for your Welcome. I have to congratulate you for such a amazing work you doing in this site. I'm new here and it's grateful
to see all this support. This will help to keep everyone motivate. I've seen your lessons , They are very inspiring. Hopefully i would be able to play some of them soon ... specially the voice of your guitar one ., nice expressive sounding solo, Love it.
there are some many good things in this site , from the forum to the Rec video system and of Course the mentoring program is unbelievable , to get feed back from a professional guitarist , in my opinion is very positive.
As soon as i get that video done , I'll send it to you to see get your opinion .
I've already checked how to do a video with good sounding guitar , i found it in the Forum ... it's not that difficult.
You need a camera ... first ...
Step by Step .
Thanks again Cosmin.
See you Around.

I can already feel the excitement coming from your side of the screen, mate! Thank you for your kind thoughts and as soon as you have a recording, I'll be glad to support and send my thoughts, so that you can develop your skills wink.gif

+Quote Post
Rufo
Nov 24 2014, 10:07 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 24 2014, 03:23 AM) *
Welcome to GMC!!!! I"m Todd and I teach our Weekend Video Chat!! Please do stop by!!!

Todd

Thanks for your welcome Todd .
I will definitely visit the weekend Video Chat . I'm still navigating the site, there is so much going on....
your shred guitar course is incredible. Congratulations for such an amazing work.
See you around.
Rufo.

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Nov 24 2014, 08:02 AM) *
Thank you so much for your appreciation, you are too kind smile.gif I just want to mention that all you saw in my playing, it's what my instructor learned me in our mentoring program. For me (and I said this for many times) GMC it's like Wonderland and my instructor it's a wizard who can make miracles biggrin.gif I'm sure you will love this community wink.gif

I'm sure your instructor is a very good support, But in the end of the day, you the one who is playing , so Big Credit to you to.

I'm still learning about all the resources of the site . I already love it.

Fantastic Community , Useful to motivate each other.

See you !

Rufo

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 24 2014, 09:53 AM) *
I can already feel the excitement coming from your side of the screen, mate! Thank you for your kind thoughts and as soon as you have a recording, I'll be glad to support and send my thoughts, so that you can develop your skills wink.gif

You must have Super Powers Cosmin , its how exactly i feel , so excited ...

I'm working in the video .

Thanks for your support Cosmin.

Rufo.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 25 2014, 01:12 PM
Instructor
Always a pleasure, mate! smile.gif Let's see what you got in store for us biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:18 PM