Recording Pc's, ...
muntahunta
Oct 20 2008, 11:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Im about to spend money on starting my home recording studio. Unfortunatly I have been out of the hardware business for a while and was wondering if anyone could help gaather the components I should use to build my PC/Audio Interface.

I am going to need around audio 10 inputs that can be tracked seperatly and a fairly high spec computer. I am not too bothered about having actual hardware such as midi controllers at the moment as I can get software for things like that until I get a little more money.

I would probably go to £1000 on the PC and Audio Interface.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 20 2008, 11:48 AM
Instructor
You can get a good desktop PC for about £700 and this great audio interface is £299

Focusrite Saffire Pro 10 I/O Firewire Audio Interface

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/product.php?itemid=1388

You will also get some software with this interface

This PC looks good and it costs £699.

* Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
* (2.4GHz, 1GHz FSB, 8MB Cache)
* Genuine Windows Vista ® Home Premium
* 3GB Memory
* 750GB Hard Drive

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 20 2008, 12:39 PM
Instructor
Just wanted to suggest Saffire but I see Emir was
a bit faster. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Skalde
Oct 20 2008, 01:55 PM
Learning Roadie
If you are going to use the pc for recording only I would suggest to buy the components separately and built them together yourself. In most cases this is cheaper and you can decide better which components you want. e.g. you won't need fast GFX card, so you can spend the money you safe in other components.
In addition the suggested pc comes with an on board soundcard. 'Emu 0404' and 'M-audio Audiophile 2496' are two sound cards below 100€ which are really great.

www.alternate.eu is one of the best hardware shops I know.

/edit:
Forgot something.
If you want to record with that many inputs, I recommend SATA hard disks

This post has been edited by Skalde: Oct 20 2008, 02:03 PM

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 20 2008, 02:38 PM
GMC:er
ProTools digi01/02's are pretty solid and have a couple of good sounding mic preamps.I used to use them all the time on my Win 98 pc system-But now I prefer the sound of stand alone recorders and mixers with built in cd burners rather than going the old way with the PC.

If I was going to go back to PC's it would have to be a laptop and a firewire equipped music recording and mixing front end so I can easily mover it around and record where ever I want

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 20 2008, 02:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Skalde @ Oct 20 2008, 01:55 PM) *
If you are going to use the pc for recording only I would suggest to buy the components separately and built them together yourself. In most cases this is cheaper and you can decide better which components you want. e.g. you won't need fast GFX card, so you can spend the money you safe in other components.
In addition the suggested pc comes with an on board soundcard. 'Emu 0404' and 'M-audio Audiophile 2496' are two sound cards below 100€ which are really great.

www.alternate.eu is one of the best hardware shops I know.

/edit:
Forgot something.
If you want to record with that many inputs, I recommend SATA hard disks

'Emu 0404' and 'M-audio Audiophile 2496' don't have 10 inputs for what he needs. I have EMU 0404 and I am happy with it for what I do.

Also, the onboard sound card can easily be disabled. I think it's good to buy a desktop brand PC because you have warranty and it's 100% tested that each part inside works well with each other. If you build it yourself you won't save that much mony but I know people like to do that. You would also need to buy operating system separately.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Skalde
Oct 20 2008, 03:15 PM
Learning Roadie
I did not mean that he should use the Emu card instead of your suggested interface. I meant it instead of the onboard soundcard. But you are right, the Saffire interface will not need a proper soundcard because it is connected with firewire. I missed that.
Though, you have warranty on the single components too.
An used GFX card would also save some money. And I am not a great fan of Vista biggrin.gif You can get XP home pretty cheap nowadays.
I think with the money saved you can get a system with 4gb ram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 20 2008, 06:45 PM
Instructor
CHeck out 1212m interface, it has EDI link for the expansion board, and premium quality converters. It costs around 150$, and you will need expansion rack. I think ANdrew made a similar setup, you should definitely ask him what the expansion was.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:04 PM