5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
New Gmc Design, Have a sneak peek!
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 23 2009, 09:33 PM
GMC Founder
During this last month we have been working on a new design - which our beloved site has deserved for so long.

Below you will find some screen shots of work-in-progress. We are very interested in hearing what you think about the design + if you have got any improvement suggestions. Here are some sample pages:

START PAGE
Attached Image
edit - If you click one of the 8 images below "featured" content the large middle area will change. This will give us new possibilities to showcase instructor weeks, lesson series, competitions, GMC events etc

LESSON PAGE
Attached Image

[new] COMMUNITY PORTAL
Attached Image
The "What is happening Now?" column will refresh automatically - so that you can follow the most recent GMC community updates with ease

GUITAR LESSON CATEGORIES
Attached Image

PS Never mind typos etc. Also "Knowledge Base" is just a new name suggestion for our ever growing wiki!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 23 2009, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Looks cool

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 23 2009, 09:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
Looks great although I can't really tell if it's good until i have browsed through the actual thing...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 23 2009, 09:42 PM
GMC:er
Wow, Kris! That's so much more professional looking, it's fantastic! The actual lesson page really stands up to scrutiny with those cosmetic tweaks.

Lookin' great.

Edit: Unrelated to the actual site design change is that I find the lesson mockup amusing. Looks like Aleksander's lesson, Ivan's name, and Conrad's forum avatar.

This post has been edited by jafomatic: Jul 23 2009, 09:49 PM

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
steve25
Jul 23 2009, 09:44 PM
The greenish on the banner looks fine but on the navigation bar it looks a tad weird. The rest all looks fine though

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jul 23 2009, 09:44 PM
Nice, especially the Community Portal page, I'd make that my new start page.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 23 2009, 09:46 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I like the ideas so far Kris. smile.gif However, I would like to see a more "in your face" logo. Maybe a different font style?......Maybe Pristina in italics?

This post has been edited by skennington: Jul 23 2009, 09:54 PM

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jul 23 2009, 09:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Kris,

Looks cool. biggrin.gif

Some positive comment on the first picture (the home page):

I understand the first banner and last banner "new lesson"

Would be great to see the hardness at the same time for both.

I don't understand the "featured content" because the only thing I see are pictures without text what they represent.

I wouldn't do a picture in the middle (waht is the use of it?) rather have some links to the lessons categories grouped by there style and hardness, or see more lates post by forum type.

Cheers
Robert

This post has been edited by playaxeman: Jul 23 2009, 09:49 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Dexxter
Jul 23 2009, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I like it a lot! biggrin.gif ...if it weren't so messy ohmy.gif I think having some kind of borders and having the different sections a lot more defined, would make a GREAT difference. A bit more space between stuff. And the lesson page.. the lesson itself and the difficulty showing and all that.. it seems too close to the top , if you get what I mean. This applys to all the pages btw. But especially the lesson page.

The top links and banner seems a little stuffed, some more room here woul improve things also. Maybe smaller text and a wider banner?

But don't get me wrong, the design looks awesome! It's just the layout I'm a little concerned about smile.gif

I appreciate all the work you've done and do for making GMC a better and cooler place! Keep up the good work, and I hope you consider my suggestions smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 23 2009, 09:51 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow this new design looks really modern and eye catching to me! I really like it , log in directly on the front page is great feature.Also it seems there is so much more space to promote all the new lessons coming up! Its a really GMC 2.0 upgrade smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 23 2009, 09:51 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (playaxeman @ Jul 23 2009, 10:47 PM) *
I don't understand the "featured content" because the only thing I see are pictures without text what they represent.

I wouldn't do a picture in the middle (waht is the use of it?) rather have some links to the lessons categories grouped by there style and hardness, or see more lates post by forum type.

Oops forgot to explain that one - if you click one of the 8 images below "featured" content the large middle area will change.

This will give us new possibilities to showcase instructor weeks, lesson series, competitions, GMC events etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 23 2009, 09:52 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It has a nice feel to it, Kris.

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jul 23 2009, 09:54 PM
I wonder if Jerry knows how many different guitars he'll be stealing from the other instructors in the future? biggrin.gif

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 23 2009, 09:56 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Jul 23 2009, 10:54 PM) *
I wonder if Jerry knows how many different guitars he'll be stealing from the other instructors in the future? biggrin.gif

Yeah I always suspected he stole guitars! biggrin.gif

edit - Where is my parker by the way?! mad.gif

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jul 23 2009, 09:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jul 23 2009, 10:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 23 2009, 10:51 PM) *
Oops forgot to explain that one - if you click one of the 8 images below "featured" content the large middle area will change.

This will give us new possibilities to showcase instructor weeks, lesson series, competitions, GMC events etc

Well that is a great feature then.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 23 2009, 10:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Looks great Kris but the "Lick if the Day" button. Should you take that out? Is there ever actually a like of the day? Because every time I go in there, there is always the same Metallica type thing.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Ivan Zecic
Jul 23 2009, 10:27 PM
This looks great! I would only change the backgorund color to "GMC red", or something a bit darker, so the windows look a bit more separated.

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 23 2009, 10:38 PM
Instructor
I'm not gonna bother anyone, it looks sweeeeeeeeeet!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 23 2009, 10:48 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jul 23 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Looks great Kris but the "Lick if the Day" button. Should you take that out? Is there ever actually a like of the day? Because every time I go in there, there is always the same Metallica type thing.

Good point - the lick of the day feature is certainly getting outdated. However we have new plans for that one as well!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 23 2009, 10:54 PM
Instructor
This looks great Kristofer, well done for GMC team.
I have one personal preference, yellow color just doesn't do it for me smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:06 PM