11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >  
Painting My Guitar !, I will upload more pics ;)
Fran
Sep 2 2008, 11:51 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I thoroughly agree with Audiopaal.

Jeff0803 I understand you didn't mean this to offend anyone, but there was no need to be so harsh!, I understand art is subjective and not everybody likes the same style/stuff, granted. But maybe you can be a bit more constructive when expressing your opinion... just my thoughts! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Sep 2 2008, 12:50 PM
GMC:er
I've totally missed this thread.
I'm very concerned. First of all by this statement:

QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Aug 26 2008, 07:29 PM) *
Thanks Timono and Ivan, I'm a bit thirsty now, I think that today I have painted too much !! laugh.gif

Combined with a picture later in this thread of a cup with some mysterious, dark fluid in and A STRAW!
Please tell me you are not drinking that? tongue.gif

Secondly by the fact that you actually had the guts to do this to a JEM!?!
Not that Ibanez make so good guitars but you do risk ruining a piece of perfectly fine wood. tongue.gif

Seriously. I would use silk gloves if I was to touch a JEM.
I love it! Very personal, well done.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 2 2008, 12:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeff0803 @ Sep 2 2008, 03:19 AM) *
I cant believe Im the only person who thinks that looks like crap, it looks like something a 4th grader would do. I guess you had fun and thats whats important, but maybe you should have left painting to someone who actually knows how to paint. Id be embarassed to play that on stage anywhere. Sorry man, your a great guitar player and seem like a nice guy so dont take it personally, but I just really dont like what you did to that guitar. It makes me sad. sad.gif

More respect to Juan and his work would be in order. I myself draw very good, and think Juan did awesome work on his guitar. If you think you can do it better, or done similar stuff, you could give his some constructive criticism about his drawings, not bash him for his own work that is obvious he has put a lot of time and effort to it. With that kind of behavior, don't expect to find any sympathies on the forum. Bashing is never appreciated.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 2 2008, 02:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jeff0803 @ Sep 2 2008, 03:19 AM) *
I cant believe Im the only person who thinks that looks like crap, it looks like something a 4th grader would do. I guess you had fun and thats whats important, but maybe you should have left painting to someone who actually knows how to paint. Id be embarassed to play that on stage anywhere. Sorry man, your a great guitar player and seem like a nice guy so dont take it personally, but I just really dont like what you did to that guitar. It makes me sad. sad.gif

well, that's your opinion and I respect it, for sure. And you are not the only person who thinks that, some friends (a few of them) thinks the same and my girlfriend doesn't like too much the back (however she likes the front...).
just say that wait till it will be finished, I wish you like it then, but not everybody have the same taste wink.gif

That's for your comment, and yeah, I'm a good guy !!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

PS: I suppose that you didn't like my old Van Halen-Frankestein style, does it ??

QUOTE (audiopaal @ Sep 2 2008, 09:05 AM) *
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's something a 4th grader would do and that everyone would be embarrased to play on a cool guitar wink.gif People have opinions, and although I respect yours I think it's unnecessary to write what you did..
You could've just said that it wasn't your style and that you didn't like it too much. Instead of calling it something a 4th grader would do, and that it would embarass you to play on the guitar Juan has worked very hard on.
And the paintings are actually pretty good, must be one genious 4th grader to do what Juan did wink.gif

Just think about how you put things next time, it makes for a better community smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif Thanks mate !! it reminds me that I won some prices when I was a 4th grader !!! that's true smile.gif
Of course I'm not a professional but I'll never give one of my guitars to a painter because there a lot of symbols, draws, jokes, etc. that he cannot understand...

QUOTE (Fran @ Sep 2 2008, 12:51 PM) *
I thoroughly agree with Audiopaal.

Jeff0803 I understand you didn't mean this to offend anyone, but there was no need to be so harsh!, I understand art is subjective and not everybody likes the same style/stuff, granted. But maybe you can be a bit more constructive when expressing your opinion... just my thoughts! wink.gif

Thanks Fran, don't worry, I'm not offended, I learnt lot of time ago to accept bad and "hurting" comments and take profit.
Well, actually I spend all time thinking in play, draw and have fun... just the same as a 4th grader !!! Oh, what a wonderful years cool.gif

QUOTE (blindwillie @ Sep 2 2008, 01:50 PM) *
Combined with a picture later in this thread of a cup with some mysterious, dark fluid in and A STRAW!
Please tell me you are not drinking that? tongue.gif

hahaha, my mistake, I wanted to say TIRED instead thirsty tongue.gif Anyway I have drunk worse things !!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif ...

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 2 2008, 01:59 PM) *
More respect to Juan and his work would be in order. I myself draw very good, and think Juan did awesome work on his guitar. If you think you can do it better, or done similar stuff, you could give his some constructive criticism about his drawings, not bash him for his own work that is obvious he has put a lot of time and effort to it. With that kind of behavior, don't expect to find any sympathies on the forum. Bashing is never appreciated.

Hey, I want to see some of you drawings !! biggrin.gif
Well, I try to do my best, that's all.

+Quote Post
swingline
Sep 3 2008, 05:33 AM
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Sep 2 2008, 06:58 AM) *
my girlfriend doesn't like too much the back (however she likes the front...).

That's kind of surprising considering the front is where all the babes are. biggrin.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 07:56 AM
Instructor
well, she likes all kind of Gothic-drawings, and actually she has got a flag with a girl in this style tongue.gif (now it is n our living room biggrin.gif)

Well, another pic:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 3 2008, 02:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Juan, that headstock looks AWESOME!!!!!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 03:06 PM
Instructor
thanks mate, now with some details, and the name of this guitar: Gothika

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Sep 3 2008, 03:12 PM
I think it looks pretty cool. I wouldn't do it to my guitar but you can certainly paint to a high standard. I do love the headstock logo. I prefer natural wood guitars anyway so I hope you don't take offence that I wouldn't do it to my guitars. I think you did a great job though and I'd rather have your design that a JEM which I dislike.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 03:24 PM
Instructor
thanks OC, when I bought this guitar I loved the design, but now I don't like the white body and specially I don't like that if you play with this guitar averybody compares you with Steve Vai, and I was so tired about that... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
inertia
Sep 3 2008, 03:53 PM
QUOTE (Jeff0803 @ Sep 1 2008, 09:19 PM) *
I cant believe Im the only person who thinks that looks like crap, it looks like something a 4th grader would do. I guess you had fun and thats whats important, but maybe you should have left painting to someone who actually knows how to paint. Id be embarassed to play that on stage anywhere. Sorry man, your a great guitar player and seem like a nice guy so dont take it personally, but I just really dont likecwhat you did to that guitar. It makes me sad. sad.gif

and you dont seem like a nice guy, makes me sad

This post has been edited by inertia: Sep 3 2008, 03:54 PM

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Sep 3 2008, 03:59 PM
Instructor
I think it looks really cool, and it is unique. I am guessing that you are planning on clear coating wet sanding and buffing, or you are going to leave it like that?

The reason I ask is because maybe that is why certain people might not see what the final finish will look like

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Rooks
Sep 3 2008, 04:05 PM
Well I won't flame you Juan.. I only have one question.. What's your address so I can send my guitar to be painted by you biggrin.gif

hehe

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
at lights end
Sep 3 2008, 04:10 PM
whoa that does look awesome. can't wait to see it with all the strings and hardware on.

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 04:13 PM
Instructor
well, that's one step more, I hope now people can see better what will be the final result wink.gif

This post has been edited by Juan M. Valero: Sep 3 2008, 04:14 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Sep 3 2008, 04:18 PM
That is sweet, great job Juan, I like it a lot smile.gif

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 04:20 PM
Instructor
Thanks kyldeee, I will finish the painting soon... but then I'll put new electronics !!! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 3 2008, 04:47 PM
Hey juan, I got alot of those paints!!! CITADEL PAINT!!! biggrin.gif I've got lotro-warhammer mines of moria set^^ Painting them works so relaxing!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Sep 3 2008, 05:17 PM
Instructor
yeah, painting is so relaxing... specially if you are listening some brutal-death stuff !!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Sep 3 2008, 05:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'm realy looking forward to a lesson where you're using your painted guitar Juan!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:23 PM