What Is Gustavo Guerra Using Here?
Jesse
Oct 15 2008, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLGwV5H96eo&feature=user In this awesome song you see him playing with amp behind him. But what the ... is ontop of the cab? PLUS hes actually got a seperate youtube account giving lessons... try get him for GMC! I already mailed him.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Oct 15 2008, 06:29 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 15 2008, 06:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
That´s a rack. smile.gif I can´t explain what it is exactly. Just google for it and you will find some information for sure.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JVM
Oct 15 2008, 06:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Off topic, but I can't stand Gustavo's facial expressions. He looks like he's trying wayyyyy too hard to be into the music. Good for him if it's real though tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 15 2008, 06:36 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (JVM @ Oct 15 2008, 07:34 PM) *
Off topic, but I can't stand Gustavo's facial expressions. He looks like he's trying wayyyyy too hard to be into the music. Good for him if it's real though tongue.gif

it was charming the first couple of videos but, yeah. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
kjutte
Oct 15 2008, 07:45 PM
QUOTE (JVM @ Oct 15 2008, 07:34 PM) *

No one can smile that hard all the time just by trying. I think it's great to express joy to music.

QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 15 2008, 07:25 PM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLGwV5H96eo&feature=user In this awesome song you see him playing with amp behind him. But what the ... is ontop of the cab? PLUS hes actually got a seperate youtube account giving lessons... try get him for GMC! I already mailed him.

He doesn't know english.

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 15 2008, 09:08 PM
Think hes going for the VH grin 24/7-realy good player,he wasnt as good as he normaly is on this vid-perhaps he doesnt go hell for leather when hes standing biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ibanez geo and a line 6 spider

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 15 2008, 09:54 PM
Instructor
There are Mesa 2:90 power amp at the bottom of the rack(the same one I have),
then Mesa Recto Recording Preamp,some EFX unit and a wireless receiver,
he is standing in front of it most of the time so I could be wrong tho. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Oct 15 2008, 10:05 PM
Instructor
as Muris said its a mesa rack system

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 16 2008, 01:01 AM
His tone is pretty sad in some of his normal videos imo for all the gear he has.

Was much better in his earlier videos with a more simpler setup. To grainy and buzzy for me. smile.gif

Don't you think he could have worn something nicer for the music video?! And at least take his hat off.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Oct 16 2008, 01:02 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 16 2008, 06:15 AM
Okay thanks! Is it useful actually? Because, well, do you even use most of it?biggrin.gif What is the pre-amp for....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 16 2008, 09:49 AM
he is using the mesa preamp for that overdriven tone,but it looks like he is using the cheap recording interface preamp rather than the great mesa preamp that Muris and other pro users hook up into their racks.

I have to agree with the above and say his tone wasnt as good a it normaly was-

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 16 2008, 11:15 AM
His expressions annoy me. He is alright on guitar. Nothing special. Better than me, but a horse rubbing its arse along a guitar sounds better than me.

QUOTE (Prantare @ Oct 16 2008, 10:22 AM) *
Just remove this post.. lol. :-)

huh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 16 2008, 11:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 16 2008, 07:15 AM) *
Okay thanks! Is it useful actually? Because, well, do you even use most of it?biggrin.gif What is the pre-amp for....

Should be useful,it's fully analog tone,all tube,
cuts through the mix well etc.
In this setup preamp and power amps
are separate units which means you can take only preamp to studio
when you're recording per example.
Preamp is the part of any amp(combo or head)
where you are shaping your tone,
setting amount of drive or input(for clean tones),EQs etc.
Power amp is output stage of amp which means it gives you power,watts,
this section also colors your tone a bit but not that much as preamp section. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 16 2008, 12:15 PM
Ok, I ve got just a normal amp, not ccab+head or anything, and im getting a Pod probably. What should I buy next as asset? Or should I save for pre amp...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 16 2008, 12:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Oct 16 2008, 01:15 PM) *
Ok, I ve got just a normal amp, not ccab+head or anything, and im getting a Pod probably. What should I buy next as asset? Or should I save for pre amp...

Well,if you're satisfied with the tine from your amp
then you don't need another preamp,
cause you have one preamp already in your amp,it's combo amp I guess?
And this Pod is also some kind of a preamp,digital version tho.
Having 2 preamps is not the best option tho cause
you will have 2 preamp sections to shape your tone,
which can distract you somehow.
That's why people are often using pedals with combo amps or heads,
not preamps. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jesse
Oct 16 2008, 12:26 PM
Hmm... That's some good info, thanks ^^ I want to get pure clean tones to little overdriven for teh Stevie Ray kind of sound. But again, I also want to be able to play heavy-gain stuff like Joe Satriani, I don't know what the best option is going to be, maybe Mesa-Boogie!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Oct 16 2008, 12:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Noangels
Oct 16 2008, 02:18 PM
most digital modeler or tube amps will give you any sounds you want from sparkling clean to screaming mean-Its all in your fingers bro,Mesa are great amps but there are also LOADS of other great amp makers out there from the big names of Marshal/soldano/bognor to the smaller Egnator type companies with realy good tones!

If you like Satch,then try out his Peavey amp.Most modern amps these days can do it all,you have a big selection to choose from smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:00 PM