3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Announcement: Gmc Community Section
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 15 2008, 06:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 8 2008, 11:59 AM) *
Very cool and informative section. Main page looks very professional to me now! smile.gif

+1 wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 15 2008, 09:43 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Today's (Sunday) picks are:

The London Guitar Show forum thread - where Chris (Smells) and Craig (Bondy) share their experience of going to the London Guitar Show to see Muris and also kindly upload photo and video footage.

Bucket 86's thread asking for suggestions of which Dream Theatre album to get next.

Hammerfest's thread asking for suggestions and help on starting home recording with a laptop.

Fran's wiki on the indie group Placebo.

Apologies for the late notification - very long Sunday lunch with a neighbour smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 16 2008, 12:34 PM
Picks for Monday are:

The London Guitar Show forum thread - where Chris (Smells) and Craig (Bondy) share their experience of going to the London Guitar Show to see Muris and also kindly upload photo and video footage. I'm going to keep this front page for a while smile.gif .

Andrew's up-date to his blog on building his studio.

Black and White's thread about how to travel by airplane with guitars and amps.

Bucket86's thread asking for recommendations on which Dream Theatre album to get next.

Cheers all,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 17 2008, 10:58 AM
Tuesday's news items are:

London Guitar Show.

DeepRoot's great SI video lesson on Recording with Reaper.

Gilmore's thread about how to deal with Scratched Backs on Gibsons.

and Andrew's up-dated blog on building his studio.

Cheers all,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
Jun 17 2008, 11:04 AM
Instructor
This is really great idea

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2008, 11:38 AM
Instructor
You guys are really kicking in with these picks. Great feature! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 18 2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys - and also a big thank you to Maria for putting the items on the front page smile.gif .

Today's picks are:

Nick325's great wiki on AC/DC.

And

Trey Deschamp's 'Beginner Stuff' thread asking for a beginner's advice on what to learn. |Great question and sme great and helpful responses imo smile.gif.

And

DeepRoot's SI video lesson on using Reaper

and of course,

The LGS.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 19 2008, 03:07 PM
Today's picks are:

JVM's thread '1 year with GMC'

Sideways Lightning's forum question 'Tube Amps? Are they really worth it???'

Kris's announcement about 'GMC Instructor Profiles'

and, of course,
The LGS.

Cheers all,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 20 2008, 09:21 PM
Sorry for the late post - been at my daughter's School Sports and Prize day, 9am 'til 10pm blink.gif .

Today's (Friday) picks are:

ES&J's thread 'In case you missed it' which has links to all the LGS finalists' performances.

Montechristo's Frustrated with Solos and Scales - members talk about how to make practising scales more interesting.

Outlaw 2112's 'Distorted or clean' - whether you should practice scales with or without distortion.

KarmStrong9 's SI Lesson '2 hand finger tapping'.

Cheers all,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 20 2008, 09:30 PM
GMC:er
Nice picks!
But could you - please - for the lazy amongst us - link to the topics picked? wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 20 2008, 09:39 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jun 20 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Nice picks!
But could you - please - for the lazy amongst us - link to the topics picked? wink.gif

I think that is a great suggestion

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 20 2008, 09:53 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Umm...Kind of been done already....

Links are on the main page- this thread is for the mod who picked them to announce and explain what they picked..

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 20 2008, 10:06 PM
DeepRoots is spot on - links are on the Front Page and I haven't linked them here to encourage you all to look at it smile.gif.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 21 2008, 11:23 AM
Just a quick heads up and cue drum roll - Matt will be taking over from me from tomorrow. I'm sure he'll welcome any pms suggesting possible front page news items.

It's been great week and hope you all enjoyed the items I picked. A big thank you to Maria for doing the hard work and also all the members who pm'ed suggestions to me. Appreciated guys smile.gif .

Cheers all,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 21 2008, 11:27 AM
Lets go fishing!
Great work Tony biggrin.gif

All suggestions are indeed welcome from our lovely GMC'ers biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jun 21 2008, 12:14 PM
Saturday's picks are:

'In case you missed it' - the LGS videos courtesy of ES&J.

DeepRoots two theory lessons, 'Three notes per string Part 1' and 'Part 2'

Fire's wiki on Greenday - great wiki, so not just for fans.

Been great guys and hope you enjoyed. Now it's time for my exit stage left wink.gif .

Cheers all,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 22 2008, 03:01 PM
Lets go fishing!
OK guys biggrin.gif Sundays "top of the tops" picks are....... dum dum dum......

Frans excellent article on Bruce Springsteen :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=16722

very impressive Stuff Fran biggrin.gif

And an awsome reveiw from FelixU on the Engl Invader 150 :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=16674

Thanks to felixU i REALLy want this amp now laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 23 2008, 08:32 AM
Lets go fishing!
Mondays picks are:

Wiki Article on Yusuf Islam by fire

and

Concert reveiw on Dream Theatre and supporting bands by Shellshock smile.gif

good work guys, excellent work cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 26 2008, 07:49 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Matt, I see we made one of your picks! Thank's man. smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:25 AM