3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Lessons On The Go?
mattacuk
Oct 5 2007, 06:50 PM
Lets go fishing!
I personally feel the content delivery is as it should be! It ensures overall entegrity for the community on the whole.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 5 2007, 07:21 PM
GMC:er
I agree, the content shouldn't be up for download. I have saved a couple lessons to my computer for when my internet speed is capped(otherwise it takes too long). But that is where it is staying, on my computer. And as Kris said if one person was to share the vids free, it wouldn't take long for them to be lurking on the internet.

P.S I am not telling you the way I save the lessons so please don't ask me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 5 2007, 07:26 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Oct 5 2007, 08:21 PM) *
I agree, the content shouldn't be up for download. I have saved a couple lessons to my computer for when my internet speed is capped(otherwise it takes too long). But that is where it is staying, on my computer. And as Kris said if one person was to share the vids free, it wouldn't take long for them to be lurking on the internet.

P.S I am not telling you the way I save the lessons so please don't ask me.

Are you sure you didn't save those lessons in a folder which your brother (or anyone else accessing your computer) has set to his dc++ share folder? If I am not mistaken you could set the whole "C:/" drive on share mode. Because if that's the case they could be all over already.

I am not saying that is the case - I am just trying to make an illustration.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 5 2007, 07:32 PM
Yep, I understand that, but no one has ever touched this computer except me laugh.gif

I don't share files anyway, I do not trust the internet one bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Oct 5 2007, 07:34 PM
Get to da Chopper!
guys even if you are saving them i don't think its a good idea saying how or even telling others on the forum that you are saving them.

Lets lead by example ay?

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 5 2007, 07:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Oct 5 2007, 08:32 PM) *
Yep, I understand that, but no one has ever touched this computer except me laugh.gif

I don't share files anyway, I do not trust the internet one bit.

So you have my hard work on your HD,ha sad.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Oct 5 2007, 07:36 PM
well actually i just have luciana's singing lessons, because that is what i have been practicing most lately, my internet speed has been slowed to 64kbs for a few weeks now.

I have your hard work on cd. a cd called Let It Out!! and i still listen to it everyday i love it Muris.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 5 2007, 07:39 PM
Instructor
Yay yay yay now let's all sit and cry!!

You guys all know that not the whole GMC is good guys with YOUR attitude to the thing! There are members who don't even register to forum and there are sure some people at GMC who just pay the membership to give P2P network a big favor and get all those lessons and share them! There are SHARING maniacs all over the world who fight the PAYING sites and you should know it already.

And you can't close torrent sites so i am sure Kris was aware of this matter long before he started GMC.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 5 2007, 07:42 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Oct 5 2007, 12:34 PM) *
guys even if you are saving them i don't think its a good idea saying how or even telling others on the forum that you are saving them.

Lets lead by example ay?

+1
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 5 2007, 07:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Oct 5 2007, 08:36 PM) *
well actually i just have luciana's singing lessons, because that is what i have been practicing most lately, my internet speed has been slowed to 64kbs for a few weeks now.

I have your hard work on cd. a cd called Let It Out!! and i still listen to it everyday i love it Muris.

Was joking ,no offense cool.gif
Glad you like it tho!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
jammer91
Oct 5 2007, 08:06 PM
QUOTE (muris @ Oct 5 2007, 09:47 PM) *
This might be good idea.
Each member has his own password for download,but when he downloads video
his user name and/or password gets "rendered" with video
(Kris,like you used to put GMC sticker on videos before).
And IF some members shares it on net,you instantly see who is he cause he cannot erase
his ID it from the video.
Just a thought. smile.gif

I just confirmed with my friend, the password feature is sorta a plugin for Windows Media player (these type of files can only be played on windows media player).

When the person opens the video file itll ask for an ID and password and will confirm this (the id and password would be preset, so it could be your GMC id you used to download the file <no internet is required to sign in and view the file>)

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 5 2007, 08:43 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (PlayAllDay @ Oct 5 2007, 01:40 PM) *
Actually make that IMO - I'm not really humble tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Oct 5 2007, 08:43 PM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
QUOTE (jammer91 @ Oct 5 2007, 09:06 PM) *
I just confirmed with my friend, the password feature is sorta a plugin for Windows Media player (these type of files can only be played on windows media player).

When the person opens the video file itll ask for an ID and password and will confirm this (the id and password would be preset, so it could be your GMC id you used to download the file <no internet is required to sign in and view the file>)

If we would use such a solution, the problem still is that it's enough that one person wants to do it. Sure, we will know who it is cause he'll have to share his GMC-id, and he'll get kicked out of GMC, but the damage will still be done.

But keep coming up with suggestions, it would be really great if it was possible to do this some way that was secure enough!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 5 2007, 08:48 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Ids/passwords is starting to move into the domain of Digital Rights management - downloads could be locked to individual users and PCs etc, but the downside of this is that you end up annoying the people actually paying for the content with restrictions. Also, I imagine the software to do this is fiendishly expensive, and would be locked to an individual player like Windows Media player - instantly cutting out all the MAC users. This is a can of worms, and sadly no real solution to the problem as Henrik has described - it just costs money and annoys the paying users.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 5 2007, 08:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Oct 5 2007, 09:43 PM) *
If we would use such a solution, the problem still is that it's enough that one person wants to do it. Sure, we will know who it is cause he'll have to share his GMC-id, and he'll get kicked out of GMC, but the damage will still be done.

But keep coming up with suggestions, it would be really great if it was possible to do this some way that was secure enough!

Well said Henrik,if this person does it he's probably doing it knowing that he's gonna be kicked out of GMC...
Dunno what else we could do to prevent sharing IF lesson downloaded...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 5 2007, 09:47 PM
I'm always amazed at the fact that some people believe sharing pirated music or software is OK. Most of these same people would never go into a music store and steal a CD, DVD or software package. Why? Because they most likely will get caught. It is wrong. But ways have been developed via the Internet to steal things like this and people tend to believe it's OK because there is "no harm". After all, it's only "me and my computer".... It's just like everybody in jail is innocent too.

A solid solution that is cost effective to solve this problem is a great idea. I don't have enough pocket protectors, pens and tape on my glasses to create a solution though... blink.gif laugh.gif . OK, but seriously, Kris brings up an excellent point about controlling the costs of an increasing business, increasing staff, new instructors, maintenance... the list goes on and on. But one thing that will never be available to those who steal is the interaction and help that the instructors and members provide here. If I am a paying member and have questions about a lesson, the instructors ALWAYS respond timely, again and again. My monetary contribution is an insignificant amount compared to what I have gained here.

I'll use this post to say thanks once again to Kris, all of the instructors and the members who help me out. My conscience is clear because I pay for it and I feel great! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 5 2007, 09:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jeff @ Oct 5 2007, 10:47 PM) *
My monetary contribution is an insignificant amount compared to what I have gained here.

Let's than use this moment and increase the membership price as well as some extra prizes for instructors tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
Jeff
Oct 5 2007, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 5 2007, 03:56 PM) *
Let's than use this moment and increase the membership price as well as some extra prizes for instructors tongue.gif tongue.gif

blink.gif UH ohhhh!! Yeah Pavel I probably started something... tongue.gif Well, you will need a new strap when that new 7 string comes in. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 5 2007, 10:01 PM
Instructor
I will also need a decent amp and some good quality string packs for 7-string. I can't get those here so, you know, extra shipping costs and stuff wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 5 2007, 10:38 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 5 2007, 01:48 PM) *
Ids/passwords is starting to move into the domain of Digital Rights management - downloads could be locked to individual users and PCs etc, but the downside of this is that you end up annoying the people actually paying for the content with restrictions. Also, I imagine the software to do this is fiendishly expensive, and would be locked to an individual player like Windows Media player - instantly cutting out all the MAC users. This is a can of worms, and sadly no real solution to the problem as Henrik has described - it just costs money and annoys the paying users.

Current DRM protection has already long been hacked. It's one reason why Columbia (I think) have decided to abandon DRM for all future releases. Seems that unless you get in to the 128bit security end or better that pretty much any form of software, or hardware, protection is seen as a 'challenge' to be cracked.

Hardware/software protection generally isn't failsafe and often just serves to annoy legitimate use. One thing that I really hate about Cubase is the dongle - I've mislaid mine in the past and spent a frantic day searching for it. I have a friend who went on location and forgot it and lost a lot of time and money before he got it couriered to him.

Cheers,
Tony

QUOTE (Pavel @ Oct 5 2007, 03:01 PM) *
I will also need a decent amp and some good quality string packs for 7-string. I can't get those here so, you know, extra shipping costs and stuff wink.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Kris might stretch to a new JazzIII XL pick for you Pavel smile.gif (though you might have to time share it with Muris wink.gif )

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:36 AM