What The Pod?!, im so confused with the line 6 stuff
Kevin98497
Mar 3 2008, 05:32 PM
GMC:er
i was convinced that i am gonna get the line 6 pod xt pro when i sell my amp by this sunday, but then i did a lil research and found alllthese other stuff that are similar: there are xt series and the x3 series (sounds simple. hell no.)

NOW,
1/ Whats the difference between a live version and the standard version?
2/ What is better, XT or X3?
3/ Is the xt pro any good? or would i be better off getting a xt/x3 live?

I am looking for something that i can record onto my computer with no lag and quality sounds, with USB which i believe they all have?
And also when i jam with my band to plug into my dad's extremely clean solid state carlsbro, which i think they all can do?

But then there is those flextone amps and spider amps as well... whats the difference? does flextone have better sound or is it jus a spider with less avaliable presets to click with ease? i personally didnt like the spider 3 tone coz it was exetrememly plasticky, is the flextone like that as well (i never played on a flextone) I read i can only have 4 tones at ready for the flextone, which isnt bad because i only really need like 4 different of my fave tones right? And this also means i have a amp but im not sure if i can record with it or not?

So concluding the thread, I DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE blink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 3 2008, 07:12 PM
the difference between Live and not means it's a pedal board. if you're actually planning on gigging and not recording exclusively with it, this is the one for you.

I don't know the difference between X3 and XT, I have a podXT Live and am pretty happy with it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
iainsteward
Mar 3 2008, 07:26 PM
The XT range of stuff from Line 6 is the older versions. The X3 is newer. Basically the difference between XT and X3 is that with the X3 you can record/put effects over guitar, bass and vocals. It has a handful more presets and amp models and such than the XT. The X3 doesnt really sound any better in comparison to the XT its just theres more stuff you can do. Unless your planning on recording bass and vocals with it I would recommend sticking with the XT. The XT Pro is a rackmount version, the XT Live is the floorboard version and the XT is the kidney bean shaped one that Marcus own's.

As for the amp versions such as the Spider and Flextone, if your dad has a Carlsbro I would recommend you to just stick with the Pod and buy either the XT Live or X3 Live. Plus using Line 6's online database you can download patches and do many great things. If you have the money the best Amp from Line 6 is the Vetta, you can get it in a head or a combo.

If however, your looking for a good multi effects processor theres a few out there now, ranging from the cheaper Zoom G9.2tt which comes with a free version of Cubase, also the Digitech GNX4 which has a great looper and also enables you to use your guitar as a bass, or the pricier Boss GT10 which has just come out, the GT8 is cheaper but from what Ive been told isnt as good as the GT10.

Its all down to personal preference, take a look at some reviews, even go into a shop and ask to try them all out and make your own mind up....best of luck with your purchase,

~ Iain!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 3 2008, 07:56 PM
QUOTE (iainsteward @ Mar 3 2008, 06:26 PM) *
The XT range of stuff from Line 6 is the older versions. The X3 is newer. Basically the difference between XT and X3 is that with the X3 you can record/put effects over guitar, bass and vocals. It has a handful more presets and amp models and such than the XT. The X3 doesnt really sound any better in comparison to the XT its just theres more stuff you can do. Unless your planning on recording bass and vocals with it I would recommend sticking with the XT. The XT Pro is a rackmount version, the XT Live is the floorboard version and the XT is the kidney bean shaped one that Marcus own's.

As for the amp versions such as the Spider and Flextone, if your dad has a Carlsbro I would recommend you to just stick with the Pod and buy either the XT Live or X3 Live. Plus using Line 6's online database you can download patches and do many great things. If you have the money the best Amp from Line 6 is the Vetta, you can get it in a head or a combo.

If however, your looking for a good multi effects processor theres a few out there now, ranging from the cheaper Zoom G9.2tt which comes with a free version of Cubase, also the Digitech GNX4 which has a great looper and also enables you to use your guitar as a bass, or the pricier Boss GT10 which has just come out, the GT8 is cheaper but from what Ive been told isnt as good as the GT10.

Its all down to personal preference, take a look at some reviews, even go into a shop and ask to try them all out and make your own mind up....best of luck with your purchase,

~ Iain!

Iain, that is infact a great idea that i shouldve thought bout b4, im gonna go to my nearest big music store and try them all out wink.gif im gonna go try out as many of these as possible
thanks

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 3 2008, 08:09 PM
Another benefit to the Live pod is that they have chromatic tuners built in, which can be used as a mute pedal for switching instruments.

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 3 2008, 08:53 PM
line 6 web site. let the confusion melt away. smile.gif

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 3 2008, 11:08 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Mar 3 2008, 07:53 PM) *
line 6 web site. let the confusion melt away. smile.gif

shouldve thought bout that before lol i found the compare all button with all the different pods specs on one list

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:13 PM