Boring Work
Gerardo Siere
Jul 2 2008, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Hello there, I´m kinda stucked with transcribing song to standart notation so the guy who wrote it can actually register them. first I thought great, it is my first time doing this etc, but this guy never repeats a thing an sings slighly out of tune andthe mixing is horrible, so I spent 4 hours doing the first song. That´s how you do it, open your score editor (finale in my case) open some audio player where you can loop and has some timestreching feature. Loop asome part of the song, write melody and chords in the score, use the time streching feature to compare what you wrote with the actual slowed song (at normal speed is easier to hear at full speed but you may get confused so better check out at slower tempo), and do that a dozens of time and you are done. I forgot to ask the lyrics to that guy, that was a mistake lyricks help a lot with rythm. Couse I´m a rockie I´m charging very cheap, hope if the guy like it and some people come, I can charg a little more.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 2 2008, 05:15 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
What do you mean "register them", where does a song have to be resistred with standard notation?

Apart from that, have fun looping that out of tune vocals for hours and hours and hours laugh.gif That punishment alone deserves a larger fee wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 2 2008, 08:17 PM
GMC:er
But it really helps you as a musician!

I really should begin to do some transcribing.. It opens up your ears! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jul 2 2008, 09:17 PM
Singing Instructor
It all goes in to your experience "box".All the things you do,nothing is for nothing.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 2 2008, 11:01 PM
Instructor
Yeah, it's a hard work, I know !!!! hehehe, I use to transcribe song to play them with the orchestra, and sometimes is a BORING work... but that's life I supose tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Jul 2 2008, 11:52 PM
Instructor
When you fill copyright forms for individual songs, there must be an standardt notation score included in the forms.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 3 2008, 12:48 AM
Instructor
Next time ask for more money mate wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 3 2008, 07:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jul 3 2008, 01:48 AM) *
Next time ask for more money mate wink.gif

yes, that work is too hard so it should be more expensive smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 3 2008, 07:18 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Jul 3 2008, 03:11 AM) *
yes, that work is too hard so it should be more expensive smile.gif

yes gera, I agree

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 4 2008, 04:54 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well there is first time for everything..You will know for future how to set a real price..Its hard but it will be a valuable experience for future similar work..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:58 PM