Morning Star By Vinnie Moore
mhskeide
Feb 10 2009, 11:06 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Found the vid on my harddrive, so thought: Why not post and get some constructive feedback smile.gif ?
PS: pretty low sound...better turn your speakers up

Try to enjoy biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Emir Hot
Feb 10 2009, 11:36 PM
Instructor
Vinnie is my guitar hero smile.gif I love this song. You got all the notes but you should work on your feel and control. Many lines sound like you're almost losing it smile.gif Just develop stronger control and the rest is all good. Well done. Even this was a huge job smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Feb 10 2009, 11:43 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 10 2009, 11:36 PM) *
Vinnie is my guitar hero smile.gif I love this song. You got all the notes but you should work on your feel and control. Many lines sound like you're almost losing it smile.gif Just develop stronger control and the rest is all good. Well done. Even this was a huge job smile.gif

Big thanks Emir, that means a lot from a Vinnie-fan and player of your skills!
And you`re spot on, I was losing it in some lines....too little rehearsal smile.gif
I will practise more and hopefully post a full and more clean version of it some time..but with thinner gauge. Shredding on 0.10 / 0.11 is hard when the action is high as well blink.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Feb 11 2009, 12:42 AM
Jazz Instructor
I know this song, you did a great job, although you should work on your timing and vibrato.
If you have more Vinnie's songs recorded, post them, he is the one of the most melodic shredders.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 4 2010, 09:57 PM
Instructor
this is a great job!

I want to learn this!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:21 PM