Jesse's Mtp Thread
Emir Hot
Sep 5 2009, 04:18 PM
Instructor
Hi Jesse

Finally we have it all set and ready to go smile.gif I hope we will both have some good experience with this. The first thing I would like to know is what you would like to learn and we can take it from there. Please write down your current playing abilities, post some recordings or a video (if you have) and specify which area you would like to focus on. That can be anything from theory, technique, some of my lessons - just whatever you want. I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Jesse
Sep 5 2009, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Sep 5 2009, 05:18 PM) *
Hi Jesse

Finally we have it all set and ready to go smile.gif I hope we will both have some good experience with this. The first thing I would like to know is what you would like to learn and we can take it from there. Please write down your current playing abilities, post some recordings or a video (if you have) and specify which area you would like to focus on. That can be anything from theory, technique, some of my lessons - just whatever you want. I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

Yeah, let's get this going!!!
Sure we will have a good experience.
Playing ability's are hard to describe, let's just say that at the moment, I'm pretty profecient in the blues Genre.
Decent AP, less than decent sweeping and decent legato.

I got several videos on my youtube account youtube.com/epiphonefan . Mostly live videos.
What I would love to learn and do:
Mostly advancing alot technique wise and theory wise in the Neo-classical region.
As for techniques I would say the regular neo clas techniques and the all time basics, such as Alternate Picking, Legato, and say, Sweeping maybe.
Theory wise, I would LOVE to go a bit towards the neo classical genre a bit, with for example the Harmonic/melodic minor scales.
I would love to be able to play lessons such as InTheStyleOfVinnie Moore/Hot's Boogie and alot more:)

I'm sure we'll learn alot, if you need more details, please ask!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 5 2009, 04:36 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 5 2009, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot Jesse smile.gif I will have a look at your videos. I will prepare some material for you. I hope you will like all that. Building up your speed and technique requires some exercises that can sound boring but it's the main key to success. So please spend some time practicing everything I send you and we can monitor your progres by the end of every week where I want you to upload all the things we covered within that week.

About my Vinnie Moore lesson, you can start part by part. Send recording of 4-8 bars every week in slower tempo so I can give you advices how to make it sound better. I am sure we will have enough time to get that lesson done 100% in tempo. After you learn all the parts slowly we will go from the beginning again but in faster tempo. 3 months is surely enough for that one.

All the best

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 5 2009, 04:45 PM
Great!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to it.
I recently moved all my gear upstairs, so I can practise more privately and I really like it!
I will use the metronome too, it would be amazing to nitice improvement.

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 5 2009, 04:52 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 5 2009, 08:45 PM
Instructor
Ok Jesse, I found my thread with some Malmsteen licks. You said you want to expore the neoclassical area.

Learn at least 5 of these and make a video on Sunday. Please turn the metronome on when doing this so I know you feel the rhythm. You can play slower than I did but later we will speed it all up. Every now and then I will give you an assignment so you can do your uploads during weekends. That's how we can cover week by week. I will also record a video explaining the first part of Vinnie Moore lesson with some tips that can help you.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 5 2009, 09:32 PM
Will do!

Cool licks:O

I absolutely love the pedal (point) licks... so I will try to learn a bunch of em;)
I could probably play lick 2 at speed as it is... cool.!

I will just see how far I get!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 5 2009, 09:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 6 2009, 11:21 AM
Instructor
Hi

This is the first part of VM lesson smile.gif

p.s. sorry about the video, my head is cut smile.gif

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Sep 6 2009, 11:23 AM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 6 2009, 04:26 PM
Hey! Thank's for the video, really appreciate it.
I'm going to download these videos to my Ipod(if that's okay) to have them ready when im practising!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 6 2009, 04:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 6 2009, 06:09 PM
Hey!
I got a little question,
I never really used a metronome, but I got a fancy one.. Boss db80 or something.. ohmy.gif
So I figured out how to play the licks with 16th notes, groups of 4.
I start out at 100 BMP, And I will try to increase with 5 bpm everyday!!!

But there are a few licks with Triplet feel. I was wondering how to use my metronome with that? The same as with the 16th notes but just playing 3 notes per click?

Not used to the metronome:P

My metronome:

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 6 2009, 06:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 6 2009, 07:27 PM
Instructor
Yes, 3 notes per click smile.gif That's 8th triplet in 4/4 time signature.

1 triplet note is 1/3 of a quarter note.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 7 2009, 08:50 PM
Quick update.... I just learned lick 4... so now I can play 4. The first 3 I can play at 95 BPM ( new record:O)

It's pretty fun, noticing improvement!!

I can do lick 4 at 80 BPM now... just learned the pattern... it will be increasing.
I will learn a new lick every day, so on sunday I should be able to play.... 9 or 10 licks at approximately 100 BPM.

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 7 2009, 09:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 8 2009, 01:14 AM
Instructor
Great news smile.gif Have you tried anything from VM lesson?

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 10 2009, 01:16 PM
Yep working on that one!!
Heres an update!!!
3 licks at a 100 BPM ( I think I played in time pretty well)

Please tell me what you think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 10 2009, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Excellent Jesse. The first one was a bit faster that the click but you got back. Be careful there. This is very good and clean. That's what we need smile.gif Well done. Waiting for more...

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 10 2009, 06:05 PM
Thank's!!!!
Yep... next time I will record me playing along, I will play a bit longer, because I started at 100 BPM immediately with the camera, my timing was a bit shaky, after 1 or 2 times it's steady^^ But thank's alot ^^

Maybe after we've done this, in a few weeks or so, we could work towards something like this too,

Like, the pedal licks put into a real "solo" piece, seems like a real bad ass workout, which I could perfectly practise with the metronome!!!

This MTP is wicked, I notice improvements in overall technique already!

I really don't mind devoting more time to my guitar practise, I enjoy it alot, and the discipline of practise is good for someone too!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Sep 10 2009, 06:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 11 2009, 04:15 PM
hm

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 12 2009, 01:21 PM
Instructor
Yes Jesse I will make you a backing where you can compose a solo out of those licks. The video above is good, we will do something similar. Learn some more licks and upload at least the 1st part of VM lesson.

Talk soon smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 12 2009, 02:25 PM
Yo.. I learned 3 more licks yet, the lick on the E string, and the 2 sweep licks. Also I learned the VM lesson Part uno.
I Will record it tomorrow, I'm sick today:O But I will still practise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Sep 12 2009, 02:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jesse @ Sep 12 2009, 02:25 PM) *
Yo.. I learned 3 more licks yet, the lick on the E string, and the 2 sweep licks. Also I learned the VM lesson Part uno.
I Will record it tomorrow, I'm sick today:O But I will still practise.

Ok, get better and press the red button smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Jesse
Sep 12 2009, 02:35 PM
biggrin.gif Will do ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:25 AM