To All The Best And Fastest Guitar Players And Instructors.
Frank
Nov 11 2008, 06:25 PM
GMC:er
How much you think you are of the scale Comparing your self to top most fames guitar players .Like Zakk ,Steve Vai ,Paul Gilbert,Jack E Lee. Here is the video on you tube ,this change my mine about famous gutar players and guitar playing..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atqi2NFMsw4&feature=related

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Kuba Szafran
Nov 11 2008, 06:29 PM
Instructor
Well, hard to say, on 10 degree scale I'm between 12 and 13 haha biggrin.gif:D.
Cool video with BB btw, he's the man smile.gif.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 11 2008, 06:29 PM
People compare me to Marty Friedman biggrin.gif

I WISH laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 11 2008, 09:28 PM
Instructor
Not sure about scale but I enjoyed clip with BB,thanks for sharing Frank. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 11 2008, 10:47 PM
Instructor
"LEARN THE CHORDS" biggrin.gif What a great and modest man, he's really a character smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 11 2008, 11:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
B.B. King is so great, he has so much to teach, and he talks as if he knew nothing, amazing player.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Nov 11 2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor
BB truly is a KING !

He is so open and honest about everything he does. Old school guitar player and musician overall.
His whole career is based on two pentatonic scales and he managed to get his sound and create original voice in music.
You have to respect that smile.gif

Other than that, he always makes me smile smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 11 2008, 11:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
BB King is the man! I love how he modestly talks about his guitar playing smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 12 2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor
"I like the guitar sound like a singing"

He's so great biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gus
Nov 12 2008, 12:52 AM
QUOTE (Frank @ Nov 11 2008, 06:25 PM) *
Comparing your self to top most fames guitar players .Like Zakk ,Steve Vai ,Paul Gilbert,Jack E Lee.

I am much more handsome than any of them! tongue.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif

By the way, I really liked the interview with BB king. On can learn a lot only from watching it (I saw the 3 parts). Thanks a lot for sharing.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Nov 12 2008, 12:53 AM
Makes you realize what its all about - making music - not knowing ton of technique.

Not sure if you saw this but there are 2 more videos in this series:

BB King II:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JXmc6CQoJw...feature=related

and BB King 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btnh01M9ntQ...feature=related

I especially like the second video.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Nov 12 2008, 01:39 AM
Instructor
I saw the video, not sure what the thread is about, I am amazed by BB king's phrasing, no need to play a million notes, just the right ones, I still have much to learn

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Frank
Nov 12 2008, 01:48 AM
OK my point was that, I think some of you here can play the guitar like this top notch guitar players. BB King he did admitted that he wasn’t that good of a player after all.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 04:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Frank @ Nov 12 2008, 12:48 AM) *
OK my point was that, I think some of you here can play the guitar like this top notch guitar players. BB King he did admitted that he wasn’t that good of a player after all.

I wouldn't really compare the newest Mercedes and some old Fiat 500. To be honest I enjoy more being driven in that old Fiat but it takes too long to reach the destination. What I mean by saying that is that you have thousands of similar modern technical players but BB King is one and only. If you play like BB king today, chances are that you will have a hard time to get recognised as you wouldn't present what the most of the guitar market wants today. If you play like Steve Vai you would somehow sound more interesting but you'll find yourself in the sea of similar players. So what's the solution? Fiat 500 has just been reproduced but with some great modern features integrated:) The biggest hit on the car market and one of the coolest little cars today. My advice would be "be modern but keep it simple and don't forget the roots". This is much closer to originality and success than going extreme to one side.

I hope I understood your point about the scale thing so I came up with this kind of comparison. Trust me, nobody can copy BB King very well but Steve Vai is easy to copy with some practice and these two have nothing in comon to be compared.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Frank
Nov 12 2008, 05:09 AM
Hi Emir! Thank you fore your comment. This is exactly what I found out about music .Looks like nobody really cares about how good you are on the guitar if the music is not good. That’s why I like Ozzy,Guns N Roses ,Eagles. They have a well balanced music, good rhythm and the instruments are not out of control. I don’t like Steve Vai and Gilbert music only some of the guitar solos. I got your point fore sure. If I can get a unique stile I guess that all is matter if the people like it .I was surprised about the BB King comments.

+Quote Post
Rooks
Nov 12 2008, 07:56 AM
Haha Emir

I love your comparison to an vintage car ^^

Nothing like good old hand-craftmanship biggrin.gif

Well I'm not in that category mentioned to compare myself to anything, I just wanted to maybe add that all great and original guitarist work out a specific attitude.. And when being a famous guitarist IMO the image and attitude adds a lot besides your playing ... original attitude and posture is important too.. I mean theres a lot of talents out there but the most original comes through the fame barrier... And it's like fashion what is destined to break through IMHO ..

And likes of B.B King are(was) not only technically original in his expression to get famous, but also has a special "mojo" that you just can't resist..

Being a fan of Steve Vai, I have also recognized; and admire his attitude when playing. He shows his heart and soul when playing and gets it to his fingers and it's a strong experience..
Great guitarists copying his playing masterfully can sound flat and boring to me because they just don't have that extra attitude ..

Just my 2 (or bit more) cents

This post has been edited by Rooks: Nov 12 2008, 08:01 AM

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Nov 12 2008, 10:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Rooks @ Nov 12 2008, 06:56 AM) *
And likes of B.B King are(was) not only technically original in his expression to get famous, but also has a special "mojo" that you just can't resist..

100% agree

Being a fan of Steve Vai, I have also recognized; and admire his attitude when playing. He shows his heart and soul when playing and gets it to his fingers and it's a strong experience..
Great guitarists copying his playing masterfully can sound flat and boring to me because they just don't have that extra attitude ..

agree as well smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Nov 12 2008, 12:17 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
The video rules big time smile.gif About the other thing, I agree with Emir.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Oxac
Nov 12 2008, 04:10 PM
I suggest that you check out Victor Wootens lessons and interviews. Very inspiring.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 12 2008, 04:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 12 2008, 04:11 AM) *
I wouldn't really compare the newest Mercedes and some old Fiat 500. To be honest I enjoy more being driven in that old Fiat but it takes too long to reach the destination. What I mean by saying that is that you have thousands of similar modern technical players but BB King is one and only. If you play like BB king today, chances are that you will have a hard time to get recognised as you wouldn't present what the most of the guitar market wants today. If you play like Steve Vai you would somehow sound more interesting but you'll find yourself in the sea of similar players. So what's the solution? Fiat 500 has just been reproduced but with some great modern features integrated:) The biggest hit on the car market and one of the coolest little cars today. My advice would be "be modern but keep it simple and don't forget the roots". This is much closer to originality and success than going extreme to one side.

I hope I understood your point about the scale thing so I came up with this kind of comparison. Trust me, nobody can copy BB King very well but Steve Vai is easy to copy with some practice and these two have nothing in comon to be compared.

Great package of explanations,agree 100%. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:00 AM