> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Pick Like Yngwie, Lesson By Ben Higgins
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

enkil2003
Nov 12 2015, 05:56 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Original lesson: Pick Like Yngwie by Ben Higgins

My first try

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 12 2015, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Hey and congrats on your first take smile.gif

Before going into playing iself, a few tips/advices

1. We need to see both hands clearly - it's possible to spot some issues in your hand shaping or fingering if there are some
2. Usually it's best to place the camera in opposite to PC and speakers. This way it would capture fuller spectrum of your audio and more details from your playing. Your take sounds good but I think some parts are not clear enough to judge how precise your picking was in there. Both - speakers and guitar amp (if there is any) should be playing in exactly the same direction to avoid phase issues.

Due to above I'm not sure I'm able to give totally objective rate but I'll try smile.gif

First impression is very good wink.gif Your solo seems to sit tight with the backing though some moment creat a little doubt on timming but hard to spot cause backing track accents are lost due to lack of mds and highs in the backing track tone (camera position fault). I'm sure beginnign is nice and tight. You nicely handled those fast descending runs. There are some not enough precise spots in the middle part (at the finish of descending licks) and also in the middle seems liek timming goes slightly off. Some notes are just a little missed - need to polish left-right sync in there but I know it's hard to reach perfect precision at such a tempo and what you did by far is already a piece of badd ass work wink.gif I would enjoy to see your take with both hands visible and a little better audio.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 15 2015, 06:04 AM
Instructor
Hi mate!

I think that Darius has given very important tips about your video to improve your camera angle and sound for future entries. About your playing, from what I can hear, you have a good right hand picking but sometimes you lose the sync between both hands, so the best would be to isolate the licks that are not sounding consistent and practice them at slower tempos, to be sure that you are playing everything with both hands in sync.

This is a picking based lesson, but it's in the style of Malmsteen. His vibrato technique is very characteristic, wide and aggressive. It would be interesting to dedicate some time to train your left hand to be able to play this kind of aggressive vibrato. It makes neoclassical playing much more expressive.

Ok mate, this video also shows that you have a very good level, so congrats and keep on working hard!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 16 2015, 12:15 PM
Instructor
Hi man, it's great to see somebody tackling this lesson.

Your technique sounds very proficient.. your picking and fretting hand seem to be coordinated well to let the runs flow smoothly.

As Darius and Gab say, the two areas you need to work on are timing and vibrato.

Timing: The first part of the lesson you do correctly but when the main beat comes in, you lose your starting and ending place for each lick. I think it's because the first descending run starts too late and this you're ever trying to catch up from that point onward. Make sure you listen to the drum fills that signal when the next section is going to start.

Vibrato can afford to be wider and more aggressive - really grab those bad boys and wring the life out of them!

So you see that, technically, you're very comfortable with the lesson, you just need to make sure you're keeping on top off where you are in the track!

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 16 2015, 07:34 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:47 PM