4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Kris & Marcus Go Techno, KMC Metal - " Set Me On Fire "
Canis
Jul 12 2008, 10:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
Awesome! biggrin.gif
I hope this is mandatory to have as ringtone the next couple of weeks tongue.gif

edit: typo... there is no such thing as a "coumple" tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Canis: Jul 12 2008, 10:07 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 12 2008, 10:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 11 2008, 03:07 PM) *
My beliefs are lost within
All that remains is the thorn

You have betrayed me
And you have raped me
You must hate me
You have set my life on fire

I have been cheated of my years
But no more I will strike back!

You have betrayed me
And you have raped me
You must hate me
You have set my life on fire[/i]

Amazing! It sounds great man... I hope the lyrics are not based on your personal experiences though! laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 12 2008, 10:14 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Canis and Caelum - it is very much appreciated! biggrin.gif

JuanMV - no fortunately it is not based on personal experience (if you read the lyircs literally).

However the feeling of betrayal/dissapointment (etc) is one that I think most people have experienced (or will at some point) - I need some personal connection with the lyrics in order to shout like that! (it would be hard to with lyrics about donald duck or ice-cream!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jul 12 2008, 10:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 12 2008, 11:14 PM) *

JuanMV - no fortunately it is not based on personal experience (if you read the lyircs literally).

However the feeling of betrayal/dissapointment (etc) is one that I think most people have experienced (or will at some point) - I need some personal connection with the lyrics in order to shout like that! (it would be hard to with lyrics about donald duck or ice-cream!)

Hey! a Metal song about Donald Duck isnt such a bad idea... laugh.gif would certainly be original, though i remember Green Jelly, with 3 little pigs, that one was hilarius smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 12 2008, 11:14 PM) *

I want a metal song about ice-cream! mad.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 12 2008, 10:20 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Siggum @ Jul 12 2008, 06:17 PM) *
Hey! a Metal song about Donald Duck isnt such a bad idea... laugh.gif would certainly be original, though i remember Green Jelly, with 3 little pigs, that one was hilarius smile.gif

hahahaha brillant

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 12 2008, 10:22 PM
GMC Founder
Oh well if enough GMC:ers want an ice-cream song I guess I might be able to throw some feeling in it... laugh.gif

hmm...heck I got food poisoned through an ice-cream last weekend I should be able to put lots of angry feelings into that...! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 12 2008, 10:25 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
One thing though, do metal lyrics need to necessarily relate to depressing and saddening stuff? Can a metal singer connect to a song that is a "happy" song? Is there such thing as a "happy metal song"? I honestly never thought about this...

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 12 2008, 10:30 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (JuanMV @ Jul 12 2008, 11:25 PM) *
One thing though, do metal lyrics need to necessarily relate to depressing and saddening stuff? Can a metal singer connect to a song that is a "happy" song? Is there such thing as a "happy metal song"? I honestly never thought about this...

I am not sure...but I would like to be able to write "less depressive" lyrics - but this kind of stuff is what comes naturally!

I guess I must be traumatized! unsure.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2008, 10:32 PM
Learning Rock Star
I don't think metal lyrics HAVE to be depressing. A friend of mine and myself worked on a project some time back - which now rests in Guitar Pro files where some of the lyrics (which my friend wrote) are like this:

Eleven, the season where sun shows its face
Quietly, it lingers, over winters pale embrace
Casting silent shadows, over the trees dressed in white
As whispers from above, speak of will and silent might
Soon the snow will fade, and green is to foresee
Gentle lillies break the ground, and to the sun, vow their playful creed

All credit to Kristoffer Kiilerich for the lyrics.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 12 2008, 10:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 12 2008, 10:33 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 12 2008, 06:30 PM) *
I am not sure...but I would like to be able to write "less depressive" lyrics - but this kind of stuff is what comes naturally!

I guess I must be traumatized! unsure.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif I don't know man... you guys are geniuses either way... just keep these songs coming... I don't mind if you talk about Mickey Mouse or the Apocalypsis... wink.gif

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Jul 12 2008, 10:45 PM
Wow guys!

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 12 2008, 11:32 PM
awesome job kris and marcus

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Jul 12 2008, 11:47 PM
Glad I finally got to look at it. INSANE! biggrin.gif

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jul 13 2008, 11:15 AM
Instructor
Awesome stuff guys!

You know i know you guys are both busy, but it might be nice if you guys could do some kind of workshop on your recording, every recording i have heard from you guys is top notch, a break down of all the in's and outs of your recordings, from drums, to vocals would i think help alot of us guys get good quality recordings.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 13 2008, 11:21 AM
GMC Founder
Wow thanks for the positive feedback - it's awesome to hear, thanks so much! biggrin.gif

@ Daniel - thanks!! We have plans of putting some more in depth material together once we have got some more songs - like a special "KMC Metal page" at GMC. Your suggestion is a very cool one - perhaps we can include some instructional material in this vein!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ian Bushell
Jul 13 2008, 11:42 AM
Instructor
Kris-Marcus...This ROCKS\m/
Nice one guys!
whose doin the vocal?

A "coumple" of really nice ideas there!:P

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 12 2008, 11:22 PM) *
Oh well if enough GMC:ers want an ice-cream song I guess I might be able to throw some feeling in it... laugh.gif

hmm...heck I got food poisoned through an ice-cream last weekend I should be able to put lots of angry feelings into that...! laugh.gif

Sorry to hear that!! That is hilarious idea for a metal track though!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 13 2008, 12:55 PM
GMC Founder
Thanks Ian! biggrin.gif

Well I guess I now have no choice but to do an angry ice-cream heavy metal song! biggrin.gif

PS I do the vocals

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2008, 01:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 13 2008, 01:55 PM) *
PS I do the vocals

As said earlier. More Magnus Ekwall-ish vocals up front! rolleyes.gif

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyNlhTJlRAQ

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 13 2008, 02:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 13 2008, 01:52 PM
This is cool. But, I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when I heard this song is some angry dude going into a disco and cleaning house. Actually, I would like to see the video of that! laugh.gif Chicks dancing around, lights everywhere, cheezy disco clothes, bad cologne, finally some dude can't take it anymore... bam! Hell breaks loose!

This is quite a twist from what you guys normally play. The mix is awesome! Good job!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:07 PM