Need Help! Recordings Won't Stick!, input signal is there, but no audio gets recorded.
Xuestor
Aug 20 2008, 06:32 PM
GMC:er
I got some new gear today (shure sm57+stand+cables) that goes straight into my m-audio soundcard (mono signal). input signal is there in all software i've tried (cubase, reaper, audacity, guitar rig, windows soundrecorder.) but when I'm recording nothing gets recorded. I can hear the sound fine from guitar rig. And the only software I can record with for now is the windows soundrecorder. the settings seems to me be the same for all programs....

btw, here's the recording from Windows own recorder, excuse my crappy playing tho

What can be the problem?Attached File  recording_mono.mp3 ( 933.06K ) Number of downloads: 184

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Xuestor: Aug 20 2008, 06:34 PM

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor
Did you make proper connection input in Cubase? Press F4 and make input, assign input from you card to one connection and name it say "SM57 mic". Then open a track, and choose this connection on the track left in the inspector view. Arm fro record, and record. Does this work?

PS you should have the signal of your connection in the mixer (F3) far on the left.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 21 2008, 07:39 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Don' t know Cubase like Ivan but in general you should assign M-Audio to handle "recording" and "playback" both. I suppose you havn't assigned it to "recording"-device in your DAW.
But it seems that Maudio is the recording device for Windows since you could record from there.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2008, 09:14 AM
Instructor
MickeM might be onto something here as well. In Cubase, also check out the Devices>Device Setup...>VST Audiobay. There you can choose the ASIO driver you wanna use both for recording and playback. Does your M-Audio driver stands there?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 21 2008, 11:30 AM
Singing Instructor
When ever this happens to me I check if the I add the bus in (F4) as Ivan sad,and I think the problem is as Ivan ones again sad,adding the M audio asio driver in vst audiobay.
Let us know.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 21 2008, 05:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah that must be it.Choose your M-audio card as recording device in your DAW's properties...Should be fine then.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:25 AM