Ibanez Tubescreamer....to Keep Or Not To Keep
VIRUS
Apr 1 2007, 01:56 AM
GMC:er
I bought an ibanez tubescreamer yesterday to boost the gain on my mark IV, and it sounds pretty awesome with my mesa boogie and dimarzio PUPS, but i was wondering what are your guys' takes on it and if there is anything that will beat it........ I'm pretty happy with it as of yet, but i have 30 days to return it and i want the best bang for my buck.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 1 2007, 09:30 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
you don't mention WHICH model you got but no matter if it's the 808 or TS9 it's a keeper.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 1 2007, 07:39 PM
What is a tube screamer? What exactly does it do?

This post has been edited by beebo: Apr 1 2007, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
VIRUS
Apr 1 2007, 10:52 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 1 2007, 10:30 AM) *
you don't mention WHICH model you got but no matter if it's the 808 or TS9 it's a keeper.

Awesome, i have a TS9 BTW

+Quote Post
n0x
Apr 1 2007, 11:10 PM
QUOTE (beebo @ Apr 1 2007, 10:39 PM) *
What is a tube screamer? What exactly does it do?

It's an overdrive pedal used by many famous artists such as Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was said that blues players were not allowed to solo without one! :].

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 2 2007, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (n0x @ Apr 1 2007, 02:10 PM) *
It's an overdrive pedal used by many famous artists such as Stevie Ray Vaughan. It was said that blues players were not allowed to solo without one! :].

What if I already have an overdrive pedal should I get one for an Ibanez or is my Jackhammer ok?

+Quote Post
n0x
Apr 4 2007, 01:46 AM
I think your jackhammer would be ok mate smile.gif it does not matter if u mix up brands! None of the blues players that use a tubescreamer play Ibanez guitars ;p.

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 5 2007, 11:19 PM
QUOTE (n0x @ Apr 3 2007, 04:46 PM) *
I think your jackhammer would be ok mate smile.gif it does not matter if u mix up brands! None of the blues players that use a tubescreamer play Ibanez guitars ;p.

Thanx glad to hear that so I don't have go blow another !50$ or so! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cody
Apr 13 2007, 05:11 AM
Do you have soundlcips of the mark IV?? I really would love to hear them... Im thinking about getting the amp.. Is it good for shred sounding stuff?

Sorry to be off topic but Im trying to find a perfect am.

How much did you spend for yours? Was it used?

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 14 2007, 01:44 AM
QUOTE (Cody @ Apr 12 2007, 08:11 PM) *
Do you have soundlcips of the mark IV?? I really would love to hear them... Im thinking about getting the amp.. Is it good for shred sounding stuff?

Sorry to be off topic but Im trying to find a perfect am.

How much did you spend for yours? Was it used?

My jackhammer was luckily on sale for about a month for I think $80 but it's originally like $130-$140.
I was lucky to get that because I'm not rich at all. I'm more toward the poor side!
Hope it helps. Ask questions if needed!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:13 AM