Let's See Real Death Metal Tutorials!
George027
May 8 2010, 04:06 PM
GMC:er
cool.gif Greetings from sunny Malta!!

Been away for a while but now back to GMC for good. Great site, one disappointment.. No Death Metal. Some of the world's greatest guitarists are in this underground genre in Bands like Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Gorgasm, Disavowed, Cryptopsy, Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Spawn of Possession, Suffocation, Nile and countless others. Arch enemy and Lamb of God are not death metal. Great Bands but definitly not death metal.

Hope to get some feedback.

Special thanks to Muris Varajic, Emir Hot and Zsolt Galambos. Amazing stuff guys. Cheers!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
May 8 2010, 08:30 PM
Instructor
I'm with you on that,

I actually really like some Death metal,

I'll try and contribute on that department

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 8 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm all for it smile.gif I'm a fan of Melodic Death and often use examples that in that vein during lessons. Speaking of which, Join me right now Sat May 8th in the video chat room for a live lesson!

Todd

+Quote Post
Evil_Invader
May 8 2010, 09:46 PM
REAL death metal is more like old Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Entombed, Unleashed, Autopsy, Gorguts, Asphyx, Pentacle, Mortem and the likes in my book... Nothing to do with Nile, Decrepit Birth and so on. That's more new school death metal, not anything close to the old REAL death metal cult.

--------------------
LIVE FOR STEEL - DIE FOR STEEL!!!

RIOTOR thrash/death metal hell

http://www.riotor.ca

http://www.myspace.com/riotor

Gear:

Ibanez S5470 sol
Bc Rich Warlock Nj

Framus Cobra v2
VHT Fatbottom p50e
Rocktron Xpression
Rocktron Midimate
DOD SR231 EQ
Boss NS-2

+Quote Post
zen
May 9 2010, 01:57 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Evil_Invader @ May 9 2010, 06:46 AM) *
REAL death metal is more like old Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Entombed, Unleashed, Autopsy, Gorguts, Asphyx, Pentacle, Mortem and the likes in my book... Nothing to do with Nile, Decrepit Birth and so on. That's more new school death metal, not anything close to the old REAL death metal cult.

Couldn't agree more with this. Even the masters have masters, depending in which era one is born.

I like all genre's of metal. Gave up discussions/arguments over sub genre wars years back. It is just futile, leads nowhere. Probably made me a better musician by listening and enjoying everything.

Yes, I wouldn't mind seeing more of the old stuff on GMC either .. but I also know a lot of people would not appreciate that laugh.gif

Welcome to GMC smile.gif .. Tell us more about yourself and your guitar playing .... where you are .. what you want to achieve.. if you want...

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
May 9 2010, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the site man!!. I'm working on a lesson like "Death Metal soloing", so, stay tuned wink.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
May 9 2010, 11:43 AM
Jazz Instructor
Welcome mate! smile.gif

+Quote Post
George027
May 9 2010, 12:40 PM
QUOTE (Evil_Invader @ May 8 2010, 10:46 PM) *

I'm not disagreeing. Without those bands none of the others would exist today but they are still death metal and they are just as (in some cases more) technical and brutal but i acknowledge that they were pioneers of the genre Like thrash was for them, like 70s rock and punk was for thrash, like the Beatles were for Ozzy and so forth!!! plus i agree with ZEN, no use bickering over sub-genres just listen to what suits your ears. Sorry for using the word 'REAL' - I was merely trying to point out that when the keyword death metal is entered into GMC topics related to bands like Arch enemy pop up which is just wrong.

Btw quick profile: I come from Malta (Europe), population is about 400,000 with a metal scene of not more than 1000. Only two death metal bands are currently established and BOTH are signed - one with unique leader and the other with brutal bands, Kind of impressive for our insignificant island. They have just returned from neurotic deathfest. If anyone is into this stuff i suggest you listen to them. (Beheaded and Abysmal Torment). I have been playing for 6 years and by now i guess you know my favourite music smile.gif although i also huge faN of Dream Theater, Megadeth(Marty Friedman mostly), Lamb of God, Symphony X, SLayer, almost anything distorted. I had a habit of playing as technical as i could which believe me, leads nowhere if you want the majority of listeners to notice your band's music and i am currently working with my bandmates to complete 4 more songs for eventual launch in the local scene. Also looking forward for Cannibal Corpse who are visiting us on 28th June \m/

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
May 10 2010, 11:32 AM
Instructor
Welcome ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
May 10 2010, 12:55 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Welcome man, and thanks for your kind words!

I like both technical and melodic death, too, and my favorites are Death (R.I.P. Chuch), and early Morbid Angel.

Have a great time around!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 10 2010, 05:13 PM
Instructor
welcome to the site man. as you can see, this site is always growing and growing, so more extreme metal lesson will come! enjoy your time here smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 13 2010, 11:08 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC. I hope there will be soon some good death metal lessons! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 14 2010, 07:00 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I want some death metal rhythm lessons as well biggrin.gif

Nile, Death, Morbid Angel, Vader etc., gret bands and great riffing!

+Quote Post
Jitty
May 14 2010, 11:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'd also love to see some lessons in this style, especially Nile and Death, they have insane riffing.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 15 2010, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Hi & Welcome! Those are really cool lesson request. Be sure that we will work on this stuff. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:25 PM