Introduction - Xjapan
XJapan
Jul 21 2012, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
Hey folks, just signed up for GMC 2 days ago to pull some things to add to my own practice regime (all hail the regime ^^)

My name is XJapan (lol), I am a guitar player from Australia! I played bass for a number of years, then after seeing Paul Gilbert and a bunch of other great players, it influenced me to start playing guitar, I have been playing guitar for 2/3 years but since march last year i have kicked up practicing to at least 6 hours per day, where I practice a combination of learning/practicing all keys, playing technical exercises to my click metronome Charles (because he is a distinguished old chap) and learning/writing songs.

An assortment of my favorite Bands / Guitar players that I am most fond of are - Paul Gilbert, John Norum, Kee Marcello, Syu, Hizaki and Teru, --->X JAPAN<---, Sonata arctica, Edguy, Avantasia, BACH, MOZART, BEETHOVEN and would note Alice Cooper as a guilty pleasure.

There are 2 technical areas of my guitar playing that I am focusing on improving at the moment,

-Sweep picking-
-Alternate picking-

In the past i have preferred to lead with an up stroke, so for simplicity, a line such as this, alternate picked starting with an upstroke I can do with ease and at fast speeds , BUT reverse it and start with a down stroke and things are not so good, although some combinations of inside/outside picking I am fine with.
Also, Upstrokes at faster speeds can lose their clarity, and I will almost do a "sweep" motion rather than a "pick motion", further sabotaging my articulation.

E-15--12----------15--12-------
B---------15--12---------15--12

In regards to sweep picking, I can Sweep upwards at faster tempos with minimal noise comfortably, but downwards...a different story.
So I've seen a pattern here that I would like to correct!

but I have made progress on fixing these issues through the use of my trusty metronome!

I am also improving my

-Pentatonic Rock/metal phrasings-
-Harmonic/natural minor phrasing/Neo classical sounding lines-

Sorry for the long ramble! I thought i might as well give a detailed explanation on why I am here and who I am and bla bla bla!
Already booked marked a whole bunch of videos from instructors and will be sure to post up some feedback vids when I dive headfirst into the instructional glory.

Cheers!
-XJapan-

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:41 AM