Finally A Long Review Of Helix
Todd Simpson
Aug 21 2015, 09:13 PM
GMC:er
So here is CHAPPERS and the boys reviewing the HELIX. It's a nice unit but does it really compete with the AXE FX? And above all DOES IT DJENT!!!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 21 2015, 09:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Mertay
Aug 23 2015, 11:01 AM
A computer nerd like me, I really liked the idea of having options like hiss on/off smile.gif

The design is great, so good might be a more powerful selling point than how it sounds biggrin.gif

as for tone, remembering other video's strat sounds were too harsh for me...maybe its a preset thing and can be adjusted quickly but when he picked up the Les Paul finally the sound of the processor started to make some sense to me.

I actually thought why doesn't anyone add (analog) tone controls on processor just like we have on pedals to adjust harsh/brightness, should be a very affordable and affective solution. I wrote that on the video comments though not expecting any answers smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 23 2015, 12:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
been saving for a axe fx, but... If this translates into the studio straight from the unit , especially with a floor controllable unit for a grand less . ???

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 24 2015, 01:33 AM
So far it does everything but DJENT smile.gif I have yet to hear convincing high gain tones out of it, but it is much much cheaper than an axe fx and it has that nice color screen instead of the 80s green and black screen on the axe fx. There's just no excuse for a black and green screen IMHO, when your phone has a full color display, a bit of gear like the axe fx should to. Then again, they only added USB recording in the most recent version!!!! Up until that, you had to run it in to a separate interface just to record. Then again, the Kemper has no software editor. So there is plenty of moaning to go around smile.gif

I do hope that OLA or FLUFF gets hold of one so we can hear if they finally fixed the high gain issues on the line6 algorithms. Hoping for the best!!

Todd

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 23 2015, 07:58 AM) *
been saving for a axe fx, but... If this translates into the studio straight from the unit , especially with a floor controllable unit for a grand less . ???

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:08 PM