Small 5w Tube Amp From Fender, Vibro Champ XD
MickeM
Nov 23 2007, 05:41 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'm thinking this piece would serve great as a studio amp for miking up. 1 pcs 12AX7 pre amp and 1 pcs 6V6 power tube

Fender Vibro Champ XD

EDIT: Perferct for practicing aswell. Must confess I'm a bit intrigued smile.gif

EDIT2: Not stating that 5W neccessarily is the best wattage for home/studio but it can be pretty loud. An amp between 0.1-1W would be a killer cool.gif

EDIT3: Price seem to land on 250 USD in the US, 210 GBP in the UK and 280 Euro in Germany. It's released in Jan 2008

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 23 2007, 06:09 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Nov 23 2007, 09:07 PM
GMC:er
I'll check it out before I go off and buy the Blues Junior.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 23 2007, 09:14 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 23 2007, 10:41 AM) *
I'm thinking this piece would serve great as a studio amp for miking up. 1 pcs 12AX7 pre amp and 1 pcs 6V6 power tube

Fender Vibro Champ XD
EDIT: Perferct for practicing aswell. Must confess I'm a bit intrigued smile.gif

EDIT2: Not stating that 5W neccessarily is the best wattage for home/studio but it can be pretty loud. An amp between 0.1-1W would be a killer cool.gif

EDIT3: Price seem to land on 250 USD in the US, 210 GBP in the UK and 280 Euro in Germany. It's released in Jan 2008

Talk to Andrew. You can get the Epiphone 5 amp for a bit over $100, and there are all kinds of mods out there for it that you can get on ebay.

I have one myself. The one without the speaker. It has a 4, 8, and 16 ohm speaker jack.

edit: there actually is some tiny tube amp that puts out a fraction of an amp. it is expensive though.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Nov 23 2007, 09:15 PM

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Nov 25 2007, 07:19 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 23 2007, 03:14 PM) *
edit: there actually is some tiny tube amp that puts out a fraction of an amp. it is expensive though.

The epiphone valve junior is a great amp when modded check out mecury magnetics for some good total conversion mods. The tiny amp you may be thinking of is the Zvex nano head, also sounds amazing, check out some of the videos on youtube. it is pricy though at over $400

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 26 2007, 12:37 AM
Instructor
Hey this amp is nice, probably full of character. I would really like to have one for my blues sessions smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Nov 26 2007, 12:37 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Hardtail
Nov 26 2007, 03:18 AM
I didn't care for the saturation on this amp. The preamp section is only "powered" by the 12AX7 but the preamp saturation/distortion is actually Solid State and it really responds like solid state saturation. You can run the preamp clean and just max the volume but at best you get the nice warm clean fender sound. Although like most Fenders I'm sure it plays well with pedals and effects so maybe it will be a great buy... who knows? hehe

I liked the Blues Junior more when I tried them out a while back.... so that's what I got.

smile.gif

Hardtail

--------------------

Beginner's Amp & Guitar Gear Guide
My Keeley Blues Driver BD-2 Review
My Line6 Flextone II Review

Guitars: Martin D-16RGT with B-Band UST & '99 Fender "Big Apple" Hardtail HH Strat
Amps: Fender Blues Junior Special Edition & Fender Studio 85 (Simultaneous... yummy)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 26 2007, 03:27 AM
Wow looks very nice. I think I may go to my local music shop and try one out.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 26 2007, 09:29 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Hardtail @ Nov 26 2007, 03:18 AM) *
I didn't care for the saturation on this amp. The preamp section is only "powered" by the 12AX7 but the preamp saturation/distortion is actually Solid State and it really responds like solid state saturation.

Maybe that's the intention to have saturation at low volumes? Makes it a better practice amp but less of a studio amp perhaps. If it's not so it's allowed tube distortion at higher volumes?

QUOTE (Hardtail @ Nov 26 2007, 03:18 AM) *
I liked the Blues Junior more when I tried them out a while back.... so that's what I got.

Here in Europe it's released in Jan 2008. How long have you had it in the market in the states already? Was it this 5W XD model or the original Champ model?

You're the Fender guy so fill me in please! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Nov 26 2007, 10:16 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:53 PM