Started To Record Some Jazz Backing Tracks-no1: Autum Leaves, Have fun with this swinging standards
ItsMe
Sep 15 2008, 10:22 PM
GMC:er
I was always looking for good backing tracks. Since I suck at Jazz I wanted to have some easy stuff to get into the amazing world of Jazz. For some reasons I can't play right now, so I decided to sit down and record some backings.

Here is backing number 1 in this series: Autum leaves
I used Cakewalk Sonar 7 producer edition and the following VSTs
Piano: CMplay (free Rompler you get with the CM magazine)
Base: Native Kore Player (free player with some amazing sounds)
Drums: Sessions Drummer2 (comes with Sonar. Usually I use EZdrummer but I thought I give Session Drummer a try)

The Piano and Base is very simple so you can develop the melody and your solo more freely (and my ability to play piano and base is very limited). Please find attached a lead sheet with the chords and the melody.

Enjoy

wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ItsMe: Sep 15 2008, 10:23 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Autum_leaves_backing.mp3 ( 3.05MB ) Number of downloads: 193
Attached File  autum_leaves.pdf ( 43.1K ) Number of downloads: 157

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Siggum
Sep 15 2008, 10:47 PM
Thats a mighty deep bas there, sounds good though, its kinda moody and not overplayed perfect for supporting a solo, good job.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 15 2008, 11:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very nice backing you got there mate ! Thanks for sharing smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Sep 16 2008, 01:22 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Hmmm - that's not sucking at Jazz, actually - the chord embellishments are pretty accomplished - you are moving far outside the chords on the sheet, so you seem to have a well tuned musical sense around this progression!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ItsMe
Sep 16 2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks guys. And yes the base is very deep. Should transpose it I guess. But right now I'm working on other backings and when I'm back at the guitar on some solos. But it's funny even though I don't really play piano it's so much easier for me to play harmonically more advanced things. I just don't know many inversion and chord voicings on the guitar. More chord voicing lessons on guitarmasterclass would be great. In Addition some advanced arps with a lot of extensions would be cool too

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 12:37 PM