2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hello To My Gmc Family
maw793
May 16 2008, 01:28 AM
GMC:er
Hi, my name is Matt and i joined GMC around... I'm not sure maybe 5 or 6 months ago. Over this period of time, I've kind of lurked in the shadows here at GMC. I can honestly say i was hardly bringing out my guitar except maybe once or twice a week sad.gif . I'm not a very good guitarist and i can never seem to develop a work ethic to really build on my guitar playing. I've been watching all of the videos here religiously, every day when i get home from school. I get on the forums quite a bit too, but i never really post anything. So, now that I've been here for half a year, i believe its time to really start improving. I have about 10 more days of school left (and I'll be out of 8th grade moving on towards High School). When summer starts, I'll have a lot more time on my hands to spend on GMC. (By the way, i play Select soccer here in the States and I'm usually out of town every weekend). I'm really just sending this post to ask for some support on how to start up playing guitar, and how to really develop that hunger to hold a guitar every waking minute of every day. Any help would be appreciated. As a side not, a couple of my interests include: Neoclassical Guitar, Metal Guitar, Shred Guitar, Soccer, Video Games, Photoshop, and Programming ( me and my friend are working on a new AIM client ). Once again, hey to all you friends who I've never really talked to! I plan to change this soon!

-Matt

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
May 16 2008, 01:33 AM
Good for you man smile.gif Just think of all the chicks youll get when you get really good wink.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
melodious
May 16 2008, 01:48 AM
welcome maw793. I just joined last week, after browsing for a long time smile.gif Don't worry, I know how it feels to be busy with school. It's pretty frustrating not having time to play. So I made a decision to practice really hard this summer, before school starts again. you should do that too, but since you're going to high school, remember to prepare for the SAT too! wink.gif Try starting with Andrew's theory lessons. He starts with the pentatonic scale; then learn video lessons related to the theory lessons. This has really helped me improve. check out the where to start forum topic. start small so that you can see improvements in your playing and this will help you get motivated more....

+Quote Post
skennington
May 16 2008, 01:49 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hello Matt, glad to see your pushing yourself to learn. Man, all you have to do to get that burning feeling is just learn at your own pace and see the progress. There's going to be times when you feel like there's no progression in your playing then boom, all of sudden your playing that lesson that you previously could'nt. You have still got a lifetime man. Come on in and get involved. Everybody is here to help!

+Quote Post
maw793
May 16 2008, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (melodious @ May 15 2008, 08:48 PM) *
welcome maw793. I just joined last week, after browsing for a long time smile.gif Don't worry, I know how it feels to be busy with school. It's pretty frustrating not having time to play. So I made a decision to practice really hard this summer, before school starts again. you should do that too, but since you're going to high school, remember to prepare for the SAT too! wink.gif Try starting with Andrew's theory lessons. He starts with the pentatonic scale; then learn video lessons related to the theory lessons. This has really helped me improve. check out the where to start forum topic. start small so that you can see improvements in your playing and this will help you get motivated more....

i know what you mean man! cant wait for the SAT. i took the ACT last year and i got a 21. pretty decent for 7th grade lol.. thanks for the help and motivation.

QUOTE (skennington @ May 15 2008, 08:49 PM) *
Hello Matt, glad to see your pushing yourself to learn. Man, all you have to do to get that burning feeling is just learn at your own pace and see the progress. There's going to be times when you feel like there's no progression in your playing then boom, all of sudden your playing that lesson that you previously could'nt. You have still got a lifetime man. Come on in and get involved. Everybody is here to help!

thanks for the help man. i appreciate it

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ May 15 2008, 08:33 PM) *
Good for you man smile.gif Just think of all the chicks youll get when you get really good wink.gif laugh.gif

haha that's what I'm aiming for tongue.gif

+Quote Post
USAMAN
May 16 2008, 03:19 AM
My advice is learn new stuff all the time....It keeps playing fresh and in no time you will be a rock star.

Nice to see ya out of the shadows.

Peace,
USAMAN!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
maw793
May 16 2008, 03:30 AM
QUOTE (USAMAN @ May 15 2008, 10:19 PM) *
My advice is learn new stuff all the time....It keeps playing fresh and in no time you will be a rock star.

Nice to see ya out of the shadows.

Peace,
USAMAN!

thanks bro.
see you around

+Quote Post
ItsMe
May 16 2008, 04:02 AM
welcome
It's the perfect place to become a guitar god

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
audiopaal
May 16 2008, 06:50 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Welcome to GMC mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 16 2008, 07:07 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Welcome Matt! My advice would be to learn what you find fun and what you want to be able to play. The are some fundamental things to get out of the way first, but once you're stood on your own two feet; start learning the things that really sound cool to you.

Keep enjoying the site, i'll see you around the forums a bit more now i guess wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 16 2008, 07:20 AM
Instructor
Welcome Matt smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Maximus
May 16 2008, 07:25 AM
Welcome to GMC. This is a great place to learn and share ideas as well. Good luck.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
May 16 2008, 07:33 AM
Instructor
welcome matt..... laugh.gif

________________________________________________________________________________

My Lessons:
Melodic Piece Here
Repetitive Sweeping here
Speed Metal Here
Dimmu Borgir Style Here
Luca Turilli Style Here

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 16 2008, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Hello Matt and Welcome to GMC !! wink.gif

+Quote Post
botoxfox
May 16 2008, 08:33 AM
Welcome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
May 16 2008, 08:41 AM
Instructor
welcome Maw to the site

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 16 2008, 09:34 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to the family Matt !! I'm glad you joined the forum now!! wink.gif

Have fun! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Joe Kataldo
May 16 2008, 11:02 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC

--------------------
________________________________________________________________________________

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 16 2008, 12:12 PM
Welcome to GMC, Matt smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
May 16 2008, 12:20 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Matt!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:19 AM