21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Your Favourite Football Team
Jose Mena
Oct 7 2008, 04:21 PM
Instructor
Man, I after a few years leaving in the states when I see football, and I think it is what the North Americans call football. Here they call real football soccer, don't know why

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 7 2008, 04:25 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 7 2008, 04:19 PM) *
He's playing Lampard and Gerrard together again I think. It drives me insane that managers keep doing that with England. I hope we can manage 4-0 but it's unlikely. I think the crowd will be a little less annoyed if we only win 2-0 after the Croatia game but a good performance here and mid week next week and we are certainly looking stronger and in a good position to qualify with ease.

If Capello drops Walcott to the bench to accommodate Gerrard I'm going to scream. I believe Gerrard to be a better player than Lampard, but Frank has been on form recently. Also why change the formula too much from the one that rinsed Croatia.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 7 2008, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Oct 7 2008, 04:25 PM) *
If Capello drops Walcott to the bench to accommodate Gerrard I'm going to scream. I believe Gerrard to be a better player than Lampard, but Frank has been on form recently. Also why change the formula too much from the one that rinsed Croatia.

yeah. I hope Walcott plays. I don't expect him to score a hat trick but he'd run rings round them. I think we should stick fairly closely to the team that beat Croatia and just see how it goes for the first half.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Fizzwidget
Oct 8 2008, 11:52 PM
My favourite team, apart from the one I play on is Newcastle United.
I also used to be a fan of Rosenborg, but that was before norwegian football became uninteresting and dull.

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 8 2008, 11:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Oh my word! My city's team actually won the game this weekend, which means they (problaby) get to stay in the top division next season as well ohmy.gif

I'm gonna start following english football instead next season -.-

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 12 2008, 12:47 AM
Had a great day today at Wembley. Went quite early and had lunch at a pub and watched the first half of the Scotland game there. We got in our seats around about 16:00. Atmosphere was pretty good as we watched the players warm up and things.

Once the game started though these two guys arrived who were sitting on our row. I've never wanted to kill someone more than these two guys. First of all they were 20 minutes late. I mean, come on. Then basically as soon as they sit down one of the guys starts shouting 'c**t' and other such pleasantries such as 'come on you useless bunch of f***ing w***ers it's only a bunch of pakis. They can't even put a team together'. This was being said when we had created a few chances and were moving the ball around well. It annoyed me more because of the fact there were loads of children sitting near by who could clearly hear him. I can understand casual swearing as sometimes it just slips out and I can also understand people getting caught up in the moment at a tense game. In this case there was completely no need for it whatsoever. After about 15 minutes I asked him if he could do me a favour and shut up. My question was greeted with anger which quickly subsided when about 10 others around me echoed my sentiment. I just hate the fact that people like this can be seen representing my country. If I had had children there then I would have been horrified.

Moving on to the actual game though the first half was frustrating and I was anticipating the boos at half time which came but were quickly drowned out by cheering. The second half was incredible for so many reasons. After the first goal went in the game completely lit up and I'm sure any of you who are reading this probably watched the game anyway so I wont explain. Ashley Cole's mistake was amazing, and I'd like to add that the booing he received after it was, at least from the people around where I was, all in good humour. ITV have blown it out of proportion completely and it was made worse by the interview with an England fan afterwards: 'he needed to learn a lesson so now we booed him he has', idiot.

All in all a pretty cracking day out, had a good laugh with mates and enjoyed the game. Some people left around the 80 minute mark. Bet they were kicking themselves when they got to their cars.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 13 2008, 12:47 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1658598/

Robinho scored an absolute screamer tonight.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 17 2008, 09:49 AM
Glad you enjoyed the game you went to. Belarus game was awesome also. But hopefully we don't get back to our old ways of thinking we are undefeatable. What do you reckon to the games this weekend? I think everybody in the country wants us to win this weekend. I'm going to the game although I have to set off at 7am with it being a 12.45 kick off. But should be awesome. smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 17 2008, 09:35 PM
Hope you have a good day at the game. Either team losing brings positives for me. If Chelsea lose that's always good, but then I loathe Gareth Southgate so....

I can see it being kind of close but I still expect Chelsea to come out winning something like 2-0.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 19 2008, 12:55 PM
QUOTE (Duncan @ Oct 17 2008, 09:35 PM) *
I can see it being kind of close but I still expect Chelsea to come out winning something like 2-0.

laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 19 2008, 01:08 PM
Chelsea are going to walk it this year in the league. They were just too good for us. Simple as that.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 19 2008, 01:30 PM
It didn't help that your team were absolutely awful. Kept giving the ball away. At 3-0 Boro just seemed to completely give up. Mido was the only man on the pitch working.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 19 2008, 05:07 PM
We were dire but I can honestly say we would have lost anyway. However, it shouldn't have got to be 5-0. For some reason we brought on a 17 year old for his debut in Premiership game. What was Gareth thinking biggrin.gif I do think Chelsea will walk the title if they keep playing like that. We will be better by a long way when Tuncay returns. We have missed him like mad.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 19 2008, 08:45 PM
Learning Rock Star

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 19 2008, 08:51 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 19 2008, 08:45 PM) *

Spurs are on fire lol biggrin.gif Or not tongue.gif However I do think they will get better as they can't play this badly all year.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Oct 20 2008, 05:12 AM
Instructor
Anybody gonna watch Newcastle - Man City game today ?

I think Newcastle will win this one and move out of relegation zone wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 20 2008, 12:09 PM
I hear Newcastle will be without Michael Owen so I think they'll struggle today. Plus their defence can be awful at times so the last person they want to face is Robinho.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 21 2008, 12:14 AM
Ireland scoring brings my fantasy team to 81 points for this week. cool.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 21 2008, 09:01 AM
Who do you think will win tonight. Victories for both Man United and Arsenal?

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 21 2008, 02:13 PM
I think both games will be close. Man United will beat Celtic. Even though both teams have injury worries, Celtic's are worse. Arsenal I'm not so sure.

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:37 AM