3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Triaxis Retubing Advice, tube junkie requires a fix ...
Neurologi
Oct 27 2009, 06:59 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 27 2009, 07:52 PM) *
I heard they also announced a patch for it, G Super Locrian!! laugh.gif

Oh well. Given the original GLydian only supports firmware version 1.27, I am out of luck since I still can't update past v1.11 ... blink.gif rolleyes.gif

[EDIT] >> Glad I caught you in a good mood.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Neurologi: Oct 27 2009, 07:05 PM

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 27 2009, 07:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Oct 27 2009, 06:59 PM) *
Oh well. Given the original GLydian only supports firmware version 1.27, I am out of luck since I still can't update past v1.11 ... blink.gif rolleyes.gif

[EDIT] >> Glad I caught you in a good mood.

Hmm, your firmware should be 7.0 and up, it's Locrian. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Oct 27 2009, 07:15 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Oct 27 2009, 08:12 PM) *
Hmm, your firmware should be 7.0 and up, it's Locrian. biggrin.gif

What if I play the second inversion in a higher register? Will I need the members-only limited availability patch for the original patch? What if the LED screen can't handle double digits?

Fine form, Muris. Fine form.

--------------------
My gear? Mesa Boogie Triaxis - TC Electronic G-Major - Marshall 9200 Dual MonoBloc (2x100W) - Fender Roc Pro 4x12 (300W) + a whole lot more!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 27 2009, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Oct 27 2009, 07:15 PM) *
What if I play the second inversion in a higher register? Will I need the members-only limited availability patch for the original patch? What if the LED screen can't handle double digits?

Fine form, Muris. Fine form.

Ok, I quit. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Oct 27 2009, 08:28 PM
Hehe. I know. I am full of it at times or is that all the time? Anyway. Thanks for takin' the time out to read my silly posts ... smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 21 2009, 07:19 AM
In case anyone is still following this thread and was interested in a further sample of my guitar sound in light of my current understanding and recording setup? It has been a while since my last upload but has taken me this long to even be comfortable making a further attempt at it. I do feel that I am better able to capture the "tone" and "sound" I am looking for now.

As such, the result can be found here which is my take of the solo in Daniel Realpe's "Dreamy Ballad Odd Time Collaboration" which was recorded just a few days ago. This was with the Strat as the Ibanez is only back in commission as of yesterday. As always, I would appreciate any comments one may have.

Cheers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 21 2009, 07:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Nov 21 2009, 07:19 AM) *
In case anyone is still following this thread and was interested in a further sample of my guitar sound in light of my current understanding and recording setup? It has been a while since my last upload but has taken me this long to even be comfortable making a further attempt at it. I do feel that I am better able to capture the "tone" and "sound" I am looking for now.

As such, the result can be found here which is my take of the solo in Daniel Realpe's "Dreamy Ballad Odd Time Collaboration" which was recorded just a few days ago. This was with the Strat as the Ibanez is only back in commission as of yesterday. As always, I would appreciate any comments one may have.

Cheers.

Good tone in my opinion! It really sits that spacy in this collab! smile.gif Speaking of G-Major, I haven't used mine since I bought it, though when I connected it between the guitar and the Marshall I found out that it "steals" some of the tone even in by-pass mode. That is also confirmed in some forums, but I wonder if the Lydian update takes care of this or if the processor got confused by my dropped tuning? Also I heard a rumour that TC-electronics is secretely planning to invade Italy, by making a new Church-processor that goes under the name of G-sus in order to get the Catholic church as customers. laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 21 2009, 08:09 AM
Cheers man! Means a lot to me coming from a fellow tube freak! tongue.gif

I think you may well be right about the G-Major. I had always run it in serial between the Triaxis and power amp in the past and I noticed a HUGE difference when running it instead in parallel with the recording outs. If I ever gig again I am gonna have to get something like a Suhr Minimixer (tranforms the serial Send/Return effects loop into parallel) but I haven't done the proper A/B comparison to confirm this. I like not having to crank the amp and just monitoring in a comfortable environment! smile.gif

As far as updates are concerned I don't want to go there. Hehe. I have given up for the moment trying to update mine. Never works! I am making do with how it is now. I am still at v1.11 ... Apparently the v1.26 fixes some DRAM timing issues which may even give it a more transparent sound? Even so, like you say, if it colours the sound a parallel option might be more along the right track.

Yep. The Vatican is about as sus(picious) as an organisation could possibly be and an intervention courtesy of TC Electronic gets my full support!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 21 2009, 08:27 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Nov 21 2009, 08:09 AM) *
If I ever gig again I am gonna have to get something like a Suhr Minimixer (tranforms the serial Send/Return effects loop into parallel) but I haven't done the proper A/B comparison to confirm this. I like not having to crank the amp and just monitoring in a comfortable environment! smile.gif

Yep. The Vatican is about as sus(picious) as an organisation could possibly be and an intervention courtesy of TC Electronic gets my full support!!! biggrin.gif

If I ever gig again, which is believable though since Im planning for it, I will be using good ole' analog effects instead from my pedalboard and have the TC-major for something else, putting it on vocals or use for studio-effects since its real good for handling digital signals..... Their new series of stomp-boxes doesn't steal the tone though....

Btw. doesn't Cruella De Vil's brother Evenruder De Vil work as head-Engineer at TC ???? laugh.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 21 2009, 08:36 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
nice tone man! I need to explore my G-Force now.. wink.gif just used twice.

Whats your triaxis setting here? (if any)

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 21 2009, 08:59 AM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 21 2009, 09:27 AM) *
If I ever gig again, which is believable though since Im planning for it, I will be using good ole' analog effects instead from my pedalboard and have the TC-major for something else, putting it on vocals or use for studio-effects since its real good for handling digital signals..... Their new series of stomp-boxes doesn't steal the tone though....

Btw. doesn't Cruella De Vil's brother Evenruder De Vil work as head-Engineer at TC ???? laugh.gif

Ah cool. I stumbled upon using the G-Major in that way via SPDIF as an aux send/return external effect in my DAW. I have, of course, thus far only used it for processing guitar but would be quite interesting to see how it treats something like vocals. Blimey me though! The only analog effect pedal I have left is a Jim Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah!! I never had much luck with pedal effects. I thought they all sounded plastic or were just plain noisy as hell so I went the rack mounted everything route apart from the Wah which just can't be done any other way in my opinion. I think I have heard of some nice Wah rack units but I ain't breaking the bank just for that! smile.gif

Now you are speaking in tongues ... wink.gif I have no knowledge of the persons of which you speak. Sorry. The joke is lost on me. My loss ... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (maharzan @ Nov 21 2009, 09:36 AM) *
nice tone man! I need to explore my G-Force now.. wink.gif just used twice.

Whats your triaxis setting here? (if any)

Cool. At least it arrived in one piece then. Must have had the right power supply even? wink.gif

Just powered on the Triaxis to check ... For that I used:

LD1 Orange - Gain 7.0 - Treble 7.0 - Middle 3.0 - Bass 1.0 - LD1 Drive 8.0 - Master 3.0 - Presence 7.0 - DV 1.0.

It may be a slightly modified artist preset? Not sure. Probably won't match what you have on your unit but it is Preset #24 on the off chance that it does. Just went through them all to see which ones had the mode I was looking for that was more likely to match the vibe of the backing track. Although, the sound on the track is the combination of many other pieces in play so the Triaxis is an important element but by no means the only element in the final sound.

Cheers man! Glad you like ... biggrin.gif

[EDIT] >> Just remembered this that may be useful to you? Recording out A is full-range and B is an EQ'd speaker sim-kind of output. I therefore recommend you use output A and handle the EQ however you wish.

This post has been edited by Neurologi: Nov 21 2009, 09:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Nov 21 2009, 09:10 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Thanks.. I will check it out. smile.gif Cheers!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Staffy
Nov 21 2009, 09:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Neurologi @ Nov 21 2009, 08:59 AM) *
Now you are speaking in tongues ... wink.gif I have no knowledge of the persons of which you speak. Sorry. The joke is lost on me. My loss ... biggrin.gif

Nah, Im not speaking in tongues here... Cruella De Vil = Cruel-la Devil from the Disney-movie Pongo and the 101 dalmatians... and her brother is of course Even-ruder Devil.... laugh.gif

I have some pretty quiet and good ordinary stomp-boxes, even that they are'nt all analog, like Dunlop Wah like You, Boss OD-20, an old SansAmp, a Danelectro Overdrive, Boss delay & reverb boxes, a volume pedal. Right now Im planning for som Oceanefx stuff that sound simply amazing, all analog....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neurologi
Nov 22 2009, 06:35 PM
QUOTE (Staffy @ Nov 21 2009, 10:59 AM) *
Nah, Im not speaking in tongues here... Cruella De Vil = Cruel-la Devil from the Disney-movie Pongo and the 101 dalmatians... and her brother is of course Even-ruder Devil.... laugh.gif

I have some pretty quiet and good ordinary stomp-boxes, even that they are'nt all analog, like Dunlop Wah like You, Boss OD-20, an old SansAmp, a Danelectro Overdrive, Boss delay & reverb boxes, a volume pedal. Right now Im planning for som Oceanefx stuff that sound simply amazing, all analog....

You got me there! I thought you had some insight into the internal machinations of the Vatican City itself! biggrin.gif I knew your reach and influence was wide but maybe not quite that wide, eh? wink.gif I must admit that that is one Disney classic I haven't seen.

This is dangerous territory. Don't give me any funny ideas! I can't afford it! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:25 AM