It's Election Day In The Usa
fkalich
Nov 2 2010, 11:34 PM
GMC:er
This guy is considered by most to be the most likely choice for her running mate, when Sarah Palin makes her bid for the presidency in 2012.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
thefireball
Nov 3 2010, 12:00 AM
Learning Roadie
just got back from voting

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 3 2010, 01:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 2 2010, 11:34 PM) *
This guy is considered by most to be the most likely choice for her running mate, when Sarah Palin makes her bid for the presidency in 2012.

He sounds smater than Biden

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Nov 3 2010, 02:38 AM
Plays "Korn - Politics" ...

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Gary
Nov 3 2010, 04:24 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 3 2010, 01:38 AM) *

+1

Given the choice between Ultimate Warrior and Biden.. bring on the wrestler smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Nov 3 2010, 04:28 AM
I am no Biiden fan. However at least he did mange to get a law degree. That sure beats a beauty contest runner up who spent 6 years going to 5 second and third rate schools and just got a 4 year bachelor's degree.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 2 2010, 07:38 PM) *

+Quote Post
Gary
Nov 3 2010, 06:30 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Nov 3 2010, 04:28 AM) *
I am no Biiden fan. However at least he did mange to get a law degree. That sure beats a beauty contest runner up who spent 6 years going to 5 second and third rate schools and just got a 4 year bachelor's degree.

Well Joe is far from an academic scholar.. graduated 65th in a class of 86. He is also a career politician, basically spent his entire working life on the public payroll. I don't particularly dislike Biden however I think he represents exactly what this country has had enough of.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 3 2010, 07:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm not fan of the Democrats, but you'd have to be insane to vote for ANY Republican. They're the ones who drove us into this ditch, you think they're going to get us out of it? Hell no. They don't even have a plan to fix anything, they're only goal is to deregulate the financial system. Deregulation got us into this mess in the first place. They're supposedly against government spending, but have no objection to the government dumping BILLIONS of dollars into the military and wars. That same money could be used for infrastructure and education here, but to them, thats "bad government spending" and "handouts to the lazy". What a bunch of hypocrites.

To all the international readers that are reading this, if you are familiar with the Tea Party, I can tell you they don't represent the general sentiment in this country. They're just a fringe group of retards that don't know anything about what they support. They think they're a grassroots movement, but they're not, they're funded by billionaires such as the Koch Brothers. I make no apologies for my country, but clearly we have some serious issues we have to deal with.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 3 2010, 09:19 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I haven't read to much about TEA party, besides their conservative/libertarian agendas, of which all I support, because i view any redistribution as a theft. Still it is possible that this is a "controlled" movement. The whole problem with democracy is that the goal of all major parties is not to change anything but to rule for profits, and nowadays mindless masses can be controlled without effort by the national/private media. I don't know what can be done with this, but if somebody has to vote, than it's always better to vote for the smallest theft possible..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gary
Nov 4 2010, 08:16 AM
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 3 2010, 07:28 AM) *
I'm not fan of the Democrats, but you'd have to be insane to vote for ANY Republican. They're the ones who drove us into this ditch, you think they're going to get us out of it? Hell no. They don't even have a plan to fix anything, they're only goal is to deregulate the financial system. Deregulation got us into this mess in the first place. They're supposedly against government spending, but have no objection to the government dumping BILLIONS of dollars into the military and wars. That same money could be used for infrastructure and education here, but to them, thats "bad government spending" and "handouts to the lazy". What a bunch of hypocrites.

To all the international readers that are reading this, if you are familiar with the Tea Party, I can tell you they don't represent the general sentiment in this country. They're just a fringe group of retards that don't know anything about what they support. They think they're a grassroots movement, but they're not, they're funded by billionaires such as the Koch Brothers. I make no apologies for my country, but clearly we have some serious issues we have to deal with.

Whoa dude... calling people "retards" because they disagree with your political beliefs, seriously?? At some point I guess I will stop being amazed at how intolerant people who lean to the left can be.

I guess my first question for you is.. have you ever been to a tea party meeting? Do you even know what they are about? My guess in no, and ummmm..no.

There happens to be a contingency of tea party members who meet near my house, my mom attends regularly and I attended a meeting with her awhile back. What types of people were there? Republicans mostly, however there were also democrats and libertarians. The ones I met were pretty far removed from being “retarded”, actually they were educated (well versed in US history) and many of them, like me, had young kids. As a group they appeared genuinely concerned regarding the current unabated expansion of the US Govt and the explosion of debt that our current president has saddled this and many future generations with.

Your statement that tea party members maintain "no idea" of what they support is both inaccurate and disingenuous. They know exactly what they’re after, in a nutshell it’s smaller federal government, fiscal responsibility and yes, free markets. These are the "serious issues" in their eyes, and as such they support candidates who align with their vision. Are there fringe elements to the tea party movement? No doubt. However it cuts both ways, check out moveon.org and its fringe elements (Billionaire George Soros backed btw).. Given the choice bro, I will take the tea party any day of the week.

As for our current economic situation, saying the republicans "drove is into this ditch" is partly correct but far from the whole story. Bush had some serious faults regarding deficit spending. However using your analogy, if the republicans steered us into a ditch then the democrats, who had complete control of congress since 2006 (and therefore control over the economic purse strings of this country), have wrestled away the steering wheel, pointed us towards a cliff and hammered the gas pedal. This county is facing a debt crisis of monumental proportions and it’s largely the result of bail outs and stimulus spending that together has failed to produce any upwards effect on the economy, a near completely failed policy. Note that Obama has added more to the national debt than every president from Washington though Reagan (yes that’s combined). In terms of spending he has made Bush look like a pauper.

Lastly, regarding your comment that financial deregulation caused this economic mess. I believe this to be partly accurate, however before you assign blanket blame to the republicans here please research who deregulated the mortgage market, which is really at the core of our economic crisis (hint: it was the democrats). This took place back under the presidency of Bill Clinton and was largely the handiwork of democratic congressmen Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. It was their efforts to ensure that everyone and anyone be able to secure a mortgage for a house (regardless if they possessed the means to ever pay it back) that created the housing bubble. The widespread failure of these loans lies at the root of our economic woes.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 4 2010, 10:09 AM
Sorry dude, if someone supports Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell or Sharon Angel, they are retarded. Only a fool follows a fool. None of them have ever said anything of substance. Are you seriously going to tell me the three of them are intelligent and are capable of leading this country?

Have I ever been to a Tea Party meeting? No, I'm a person of Middle Eastern descent living in the South, why the hell would I attend a meeting of a bunch of racist red necks? I am very familiar with the Tea baggers, this the South by the way, and they're all over the place. I have conversed with them many times and know what they're all about. Surprisingly, I have actually been invited to one of their meetings, simply because I displayed displeasure with Obama. But I know its best to avoid such meetings, because in this country its okay to be overtly racist towards people of Middle Eastern descent, you can thank Fox News for that. I can deal with the name calling, in fact I find it funny sometimes, but receiving threats is on another level entirely.

Since you brought up intolerance, where were the tea baggers when Bush was in office? Where were they when he and the Republicans ran up the deficit? I don't know if you remember, but it was Bush that bailed out the banks, not Obama. As far as the stimulus, half of it was tax cuts, I bet Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh failed to tell you that. Ninety-eight percent of Americans saw their taxes REDUCED under Obama, not increased. Also, the majority of the deficit we have now was inherited from Bush, Obama did not cause it. And of course, where the hell where the tea baggers when Bush wasted ONE TRILLION dollars on war?

Heres why tea baggers are pissed: Tea baggers are pissed because theres a black man in the White House, plain and simple. That is intolerance.

As far as expansion of the Government, where were the tea baggers when Bush created the Department of Homeland Security? Which is one of the largest government institutions... in the world. How come they never protested the farm subsidies? All of a sudden when a black man becomes president we have reached the end of days?

By the way, whats wrong with George Soros? Did you know he spent millions fighting communism in his home country of Hungary? I'm sure Fox news failed to tell you that. Yet they label him a Communist, how disingenuous.

The tea baggers don't even know what the original Boston Tea Party was about... it was about tax cuts. Blasphemy! No seriously, the colonist were upset about tax cuts implemented by the British Government. These tax cuts were given to the British East India Company, which enabled them to have a monopoly on the tea market. This caused a lot of losses for businesses in the colonies, and caused a lot of distress as you would imagine.

Bush inherited a surplus and left us with the most massive deficit in human history, and for the majority of his time in office both branches of the legislator were Republican.

The tea baggers demonize Obama because he wanted to prevent children from losing health coverage while their dying. Tell me, do you want children being denied care while they're dying? Why would anybody want that? Only if you're inhuman or, heres the word again, retarded would you want such a thing. Yet that is the Tea Party position. Our healthcare system is one of the worst in the industrialized world, and the tea baggers wanted to maintain the status quo, thats disgusting.

To a person with a polarized mind, it may seem like I'm a Democrat, which couldn't be further from the truth. I can't stand them either, but the Republicans have become so lunatic the Democrats seem pretty moderate. In just about every election I have voted for myself or Homer Simpson.

The tea baggers don't want any government intervention in their lives, but do want the government going into peoples bedrooms and telling them who they can or cannot sleep with. They're not exactly gay friendly.

The tea baggers also claim to live and die by the Constitution, yet aren't really familiar with the first amendment, which says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..." Funny how they missed that part. Yes I'm talking to you Christine O'Donnell.

The tea baggers claim to support freedom and property rights, but when some Americans want to build a mosque they protest it and say they can't build it there. What happened to their support of freedom of religion and property rights?

And finally, there already is a country that has everything the tea baggers want: limited government, unfettered capitalism, and the implementation of religious law. That country is Somalia. If you think the tea baggers vision for this country is so great, go stay in Somalia for a few weeks, if you last that long.

--------------------

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Nov 4 2010, 10:38 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well guys, I must admit, what you two write is incredibly interesting for an outsider who is interested in US politics and stuff.
But still, it kinda reminds me of a thread with a more religious background where (I guess) Azza and The Uncreator exchanged their opposite positions till the point where the thread had to be closed. I see this thread is heading in this direction as well. As much as I like the fact that stuff like politics and religion can be discussed at GMC, I suggest you two take a break and start jamming again wink.gif
Just my two cents...again, I really enjoy reading your different opinions.
Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 4 2010, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Nov 4 2010, 05:38 AM) *
Well guys, I must admit, what you two write is incredibly interesting for an outsider who is interested in US politics and stuff.
But still, it kinda reminds me of a thread with a more religious background where (I guess) Azza and The Uncreator exchanged their opposite positions till the point where the thread had to be closed. I see this thread is heading in this direction as well. As much as I like the fact that stuff like politics and religion can be discussed at GMC, I suggest you two take a break and start jamming again wink.gif
Just my two cents...again, I really enjoy reading your different opinions.
Christian

If this thread starts discussing religion, I just won't participate in it, as I have found out it is impossible to argue with faith fanatics. The religious fundamentalists (of any religion) have no need for logic and reason, so how can they be reasoned with? A persons faith is their own business, until they wish to implement it on me, then we're going to have some serious issues.

I'm sure outside of politics, Gary and I would probably get along just great. But you see, politics in the US have become so polarized because some people cannot except a black man as president, not that I'm accusing Gary in particular of such a sentiment, but definitely the Tea Party as a whole.

Are politics in Germany this divisive? It seems like in Germany the different parties have their differences, but will cooperate when it comes little German kids dying, but not so here. At least in Germany the parties seem to recognize each other as fellow Germans. The right wing in the United States can't except when the other side wins. They say the "American people" didn't choose Obamas policy. Well who elected him then? Did a bunch of Mexicans jump the border and vote for him? See, they can't except that some Americans have different opinions than them.

But I'm definitely gonna take your advice gitarrero, and will start jamming again smile.gif This is a guitar site after all, we all come here to learn and talk about our love for music, not politics tongue.gif

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Nov 4 2010, 06:00 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
We have political mess here in Poland, biggest opposition party says that people who vote on them are "true Poles", and the rest are some "Jewish-Russo-German servants" (not a bad combination if You ask me wink.gif ). Still I think it is just for "fun". In media the politics are enemies, because of that mindless average people take all this seriously and are ready to "fight each other", but in fact all those politics are good fellows, that earn money doing this whole circus. To sum up the situation in this country:
We have four parties in the parliament:
1. anti-abortion socialists that are considered "right wing" because of their "catholic" talks.
2. "we don't care about abortion" socialists who are considered "center", they call themselves liberals, yet rise taxes, rise the number of government organizations. They are the ruling party now, mostly because they control the biggest TV channel in the country.
3. pro-abortion socialists, descendants of the communistic party, in fact they lowered the taxes a bit few years ago when they ruled, but that was because the country was in such dire situation, that without it we would be in crisis for the last 10 years.
4. "we don't care about anything" socialists, in fact we can call them a mafia, because they "represent" the countryside, but not the majority - the poor farmers, but the minority of those few rich guys that live outside of cities. This party will soon disappear, all of their members moving sooner or later to the above three.

The only thing that matters to those parties is what statistically pleases most of the people, they don't have any ideology besides doing what earns them most. In media they are in constant war, this is the "reason" why nothing changes for years, because the opposition doesn't let the changes to happen. It is almost impossible to have even one representative in parliament from other group than above four. For me all of them should be closed in jails, but of course I am not willing to pay for their food or accommodation, they stole enough already.

Don't know if this post has any merit, but Gitarreo said he likes such stuff, and it is never enough of grumbling about situation in my country dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Nov 5 2010, 10:02 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Mudbone - calling people "retarded" because of their political views speaks volumes about your character.

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Nov 6 2010, 12:41 AM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Nov 6 2010, 02:30 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 4 2010, 10:09 AM) *
Sorry dude, if someone supports Sarah Palin, Christine O'Donnell or Sharon Angel, they are retarded. Only a fool follows a fool. None of them have ever said anything of substance. Are you seriously going to tell me the three of them are intelligent and are capable of leading this country?

Have I ever been to a Tea Party meeting? No, I'm a person of Middle Eastern descent living in the South, why the hell would I attend a meeting of a bunch of racist red necks? I am very familiar with the Tea baggers, this the South by the way, and they're all over the place. I have conversed with them many times and know what they're all about. Surprisingly, I have actually been invited to one of their meetings, simply because I displayed displeasure with Obama. But I know its best to avoid such meetings, because in this country its okay to be overtly racist towards people of Middle Eastern descent, you can thank Fox News for that. I can deal with the name calling, in fact I find it funny sometimes, but receiving threats is on another level entirely.

Since you brought up intolerance, where were the tea baggers when Bush was in office? Where were they when he and the Republicans ran up the deficit? I don't know if you remember, but it was Bush that bailed out the banks, not Obama. As far as the stimulus, half of it was tax cuts, I bet Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh failed to tell you that. Ninety-eight percent of Americans saw their taxes REDUCED under Obama, not increased. Also, the majority of the deficit we have now was inherited from Bush, Obama did not cause it. And of course, where the hell where the tea baggers when Bush wasted ONE TRILLION dollars on war?

Heres why tea baggers are pissed: Tea baggers are pissed because theres a black man in the White House, plain and simple. That is intolerance.

As far as expansion of the Government, where were the tea baggers when Bush created the Department of Homeland Security? Which is one of the largest government institutions... in the world. How come they never protested the farm subsidies? All of a sudden when a black man becomes president we have reached the end of days?

By the way, whats wrong with George Soros? Did you know he spent millions fighting communism in his home country of Hungary? I'm sure Fox news failed to tell you that. Yet they label him a Communist, how disingenuous.

The tea baggers don't even know what the original Boston Tea Party was about... it was about tax cuts. Blasphemy! No seriously, the colonist were upset about tax cuts implemented by the British Government. These tax cuts were given to the British East India Company, which enabled them to have a monopoly on the tea market. This caused a lot of losses for businesses in the colonies, and caused a lot of distress as you would imagine.

Bush inherited a surplus and left us with the most massive deficit in human history, and for the majority of his time in office both branches of the legislator were Republican.

The tea baggers demonize Obama because he wanted to prevent children from losing health coverage while their dying. Tell me, do you want children being denied care while they're dying? Why would anybody want that? Only if you're inhuman or, heres the word again, retarded would you want such a thing. Yet that is the Tea Party position. Our healthcare system is one of the worst in the industrialized world, and the tea baggers wanted to maintain the status quo, thats disgusting.

To a person with a polarized mind, it may seem like I'm a Democrat, which couldn't be further from the truth. I can't stand them either, but the Republicans have become so lunatic the Democrats seem pretty moderate. In just about every election I have voted for myself or Homer Simpson.

The tea baggers don't want any government intervention in their lives, but do want the government going into peoples bedrooms and telling them who they can or cannot sleep with. They're not exactly gay friendly.

The tea baggers also claim to live and die by the Constitution, yet aren't really familiar with the first amendment, which says, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..." Funny how they missed that part. Yes I'm talking to you Christine O'Donnell.

The tea baggers claim to support freedom and property rights, but when some Americans want to build a mosque they protest it and say they can't build it there. What happened to their support of freedom of religion and property rights?

And finally, there already is a country that has everything the tea baggers want: limited government, unfettered capitalism, and the implementation of religious law. That country is Somalia. If you think the tea baggers vision for this country is so great, go stay in Somalia for a few weeks, if you last that long.

Just name one thing besides taking your money, that the government does that is'nt in or on the edge of bankruptcy
This leads me to the Fair tax------ fairtax.org
This is a replacement tax that goes into effect the january following the abolishment of the 16th amendment--Firing the IRS
in short there are 22 percent embeded taxes on everything you buy. when the IRS no longer collecting this the fairtax is enacted at 23.7 percent. so in reality you will be paying 1.7 percent more of what you buy but you will be doing it with 100 percent of your money ---You choose
1.7 percent of everything you buy or 30 percent of everything you make
This is the big problem , it takes power away from the politicians and gives it back to the people where it should be
i type slow so don't ask me questions , ask them http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer?pagename=about_main

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 4 2010, 04:53 PM) *
If this thread starts discussing religion, I just won't participate in it, as I have found out it is impossible to argue with faith fanatics. The religious fundamentalists (of any religion) have no need for logic and reason, so how can they be reasoned with? A persons faith is their own business, until they wish to implement it on me, then we're going to have some serious issues.

I'm sure outside of politics, Gary and I would probably get along just great. But you see, politics in the US have become so polarized because some people cannot except a black man as president, not that I'm accusing Gary in particular of such a sentiment, but definitely the Tea Party as a whole.

Are politics in Germany this divisive? It seems like in Germany the different parties have their differences, but will cooperate when it comes little German kids dying, but not so here. At least in Germany the parties seem to recognize each other as fellow Germans. The right wing in the United States can't except when the other side wins. They say the "American people" didn't choose Obamas policy. Well who elected him then? Did a bunch of Mexicans jump the border and vote for him? See, they can't except that some Americans have different opinions than them.

But I'm definitely gonna take your advice gitarrero, and will start jamming again smile.gif This is a guitar site after all, we all come here to learn and talk about our love for music, not politics tongue.gif

It is also hard to argue with government faith fanatics ----- not saying you are one

QUOTE (Mudbone @ Nov 4 2010, 10:09 AM) *

and the first tea party was about taxation with out representation ,i think you should go to a rally and if they condem if you can tell me what they said that you found offensive- I will stand up on your behal, but don't drink the cool aid of the media because that is what your rhetoric sounds like ---Find out for your self

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Nov 6 2010, 02:22 AM

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 6 2010, 04:47 AM
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Nov 4 2010, 01:00 PM) *
We have political mess here in Poland, biggest opposition party says that people who vote on them are "true Poles", and the rest are some "Jewish-Russo-German servants" (not a bad combination if You ask me wink.gif ). Still I think it is just for "fun". In media the politics are enemies, because of that mindless average people take all this seriously and are ready to "fight each other", but in fact all those politics are good fellows, that earn money doing this whole circus. To sum up the situation in this country:
We have four parties in the parliament:
1. anti-abortion socialists that are considered "right wing" because of their "catholic" talks.
2. "we don't care about abortion" socialists who are considered "center", they call themselves liberals, yet rise taxes, rise the number of government organizations. They are the ruling party now, mostly because they control the biggest TV channel in the country.
3. pro-abortion socialists, descendants of the communistic party, in fact they lowered the taxes a bit few years ago when they ruled, but that was because the country was in such dire situation, that without it we would be in crisis for the last 10 years.
4. "we don't care about anything" socialists, in fact we can call them a mafia, because they "represent" the countryside, but not the majority - the poor farmers, but the minority of those few rich guys that live outside of cities. This party will soon disappear, all of their members moving sooner or later to the above three.

The only thing that matters to those parties is what statistically pleases most of the people, they don't have any ideology besides doing what earns them most. In media they are in constant war, this is the "reason" why nothing changes for years, because the opposition doesn't let the changes to happen. It is almost impossible to have even one representative in parliament from other group than above four. For me all of them should be closed in jails, but of course I am not willing to pay for their food or accommodation, they stole enough already.

Don't know if this post has any merit, but Gitarreo said he likes such stuff, and it is never enough of grumbling about situation in my country dry.gif

At least you guys have more than two parties. Here we have one party that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Corporate America, the Republicans, and the other party, the Democrats, who are owned by Corporate America and trial lawyers.

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
kahall
Nov 6 2010, 04:52 AM
Learning Roadie
I am an official T.E.A. party member, and support Palin, O'Donnel, Angle and all of the conservative republicans. I knew there were going to be insulting comments left in this thread and I knew exactly who was going to leave them. He has done it before in another thread and it was as offensive then as it is now but I ignored it. I am not about to discuss the ridiculous points made in the posts since it is obviously a waste of time. I just spent the last 6 months talking to people who would listen and I learned real quick when to move on.

Yep, I just read through them again. OFFENSIVE! But nothing I haven't heard about a thousand times before and it has not stopped us. Carry on.

The progressives have done everything in their power to destroy the U.S.A. so I will do everything in my power to protect it. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are the only government documents standing between me and tyranny. Good luck convincing me and a whole lot of other people other wise.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 6 2010, 05:32 AM
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Nov 5 2010, 05:02 PM) *
Mudbone - calling people "retarded" because of their political views speaks volumes about your character.

Praetorian, this is more than simply a difference of political views. I can accept someone having a difference of opinion than me. I don't think someone is retarded because they have a different way of doing things.

This is about people wanting to do the same thing - i.e. have Republicans in charge - and expect different results. If you stick a fork in a toaster and it zaps your ass, would you do it again? Of course not. So what would you think of someone that would decide to do it again? You would probably seriously question their intelligence.

Before the Bush tax cuts were implemented, the Congressional Budget Office, which is bipartisan, warned it would cause a massive deficit. So what did the Republicans do? They rammed it through Congress with reconciliation. These tax cuts really didn't help the average American, I know because I am one. The Republicans started two wars we couldn't afford, further driving up the deficit. This is what left us with the massive deficit we have now.

So what is the new Republican agenda? More tax cuts and starting another war, this time with Iran. This same plan was a bad idea the last time the Republicans were in charge. This is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Thats retarded.

One last thing, I have no allegiance to any party, nor do I subscribe to any particular ideology. In just about every election I vote for either myself or Homer Simpson, simply as a vote of no confidence in the government. If these Tea Party people had any intelligence, they would also cast a vote of no confidence, and not vote for the SAME party that got us into this mess.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Nov 5 2010, 09:30 PM) *
don't drink the cool aid of the media because that is what your rhetoric sounds like ---Find out for your self

The majority of people get their information from the media, and unless you have friends in the legislative branch of government, you do as well. But by the media I assume you mean the Main Stream Media. I cancelled my cable television four years ago, and haven't watched it since. I get my news from news outlets that are non partisan, mainly foreign news agencies, such as British and Canadian news organizations.

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Nov 6 2010, 06:33 AM
QUOTE (kahall @ Nov 5 2010, 11:52 PM) *
I am an official T.E.A. party member, and support Palin, O'Donnel, Angle and all of the conservative republicans. I knew there were going to be insulting comments left in this thread and I knew exactly who was going to leave them. He has done it before in another thread and it was as offensive then as it is now but I ignored it. I am not about to discuss the ridiculous points made in the posts since it is obviously a waste of time. I just spent the last 6 months talking to people who would listen and I learned real quick when to move on.

Yep, I just read through them again. OFFENSIVE! But nothing I haven't heard about a thousand times before and it has not stopped us. Carry on.

The progressives have done everything in their power to destroy the U.S.A. so I will do everything in my power to protect it. The Constitution and Bill of Rights are the only government documents standing between me and tyranny. Good luck convincing me and a whole lot of other people other wise.

So you just decided to say what I said was "offensive" but refuse to say why? I'm not the only person reading this, so feel free to prove me wrong to all the international readers, I'm sure they want to hear what you have to say.

Other than calling the Tea Party movement retarded, what else have I said that was "offensive"? You are free to have your positions and I am free to have my opinions of them. You do support freedom of speech, right?

You say you and the Tea Party are for the Constitution and Bill of Rights, but where were you when the Republicans suspended Habeas Corpus? (Article One, Section 9 of the Constitution) Where were you and the Tea Party when the Republicans implemented warrantless wiretapping? (violates Fourth Amendment) The Republicans did this not just to shadowy terrorists, but to our fellow Americans. Where were you and the Tea Party when the Republicans sent 5,000 young Americans to their death in Iraq? Another 25,000 also suffered severe injuries. Is this not tyranny?

So lets look at aspects of American history and what the Conservative and Progressive movements had to do with it.

1) The Constitution: Conceived by Progressives Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine, and Benjamin Franklin, to name a few. Their idea that all men are created equal was far from conservative for their time. The conservatives wanted to maintain the nobility system. The separation of church and state was extraordinarily progressive for their time, the United States was the first country with out a state church.

2) Slavery: Conservatives wanted to maintain it, Progressives did away with it.

3) Social Security and Medicare: Conceived and implemented by Progressives, opposed by conservatives. You think those programs are bad? Go tell your grandmother you want to take away her Social Security and Medicare, I hope you can run faster than the boot she'll throw at you.

4) Civil Rights: Progressives gave black people the right to ride the bus, to drink at "white" water fountains, and the right to marry white people. Conservatives opposed it.

The United States has always been about moving forward, not the status quo. I can say with full confidence that the United States has been the most progressive nation in human history, and until recently, has never been about conservatism or the status quo.

My posts aren't meant to persuade any tea baggers. This is an international forum, and I would like to educate fellow members from around the world on issues in this country. The previous administration has destroyed our image and standing in the world, and I fully intend on promoting a positive image. We Americans share this world with other people, we don't own it.

This video below is a parody done by Saturday Night Live of a Sarah Palin interview. The cast of SNL didn't have to modify Sarah Palin words, this is almost EXACTLY what she said. Tell me, do you want this woman to be the most powerful person in the world?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2gE-VVjBI

--------------------

Gear:

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:37 AM