2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rate What Others Listening To, Might as well try it
The Uncreator
Apr 7 2007, 10:36 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I'd thought i would try this, basically, im gonna put the name of the song im listening to, and a link if there is one, then, the next person rates it, and says what there listening to. and the title should be "Rate What Others ARE Listeing to", apparently i can't type

So i shall start

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Manowar - Gods Of War

There new album is awesomely Epic, fantastic stuff.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 7 2007, 10:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 7 2007, 10:51 PM
GMC:er
Awwh not my taste at all. Too much synth, I think the guitars should have been more clear, I didnt like the vocal at all either. Not saying its bad, just not my style at all smile.gif
Dont really know what to rate it, 1/10 maybe? >_< tongue.gif

--------------------------------------------

My turn!

Johnny Winter - Rock'n'roll hoochie koo - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ior-fggNc7U

I'm seriously in love with this song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 7 2007, 11:05 PM
Sorry, but couldn't stand the first song, I turned it off after a minute.The Johnny Winter one I could handle, and even though I never really listened to him before, I liked it!

My turn, ( You probably won't be surprised )

Do Solo's count? biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 7 2007, 11:42 PM
QUOTE (Ben C @ Apr 7 2007, 11:05 PM) *
Sorry, but couldn't stand the first song, I turned it off after a minute.The Johnny Winter one I could handle, and even though I never really listened to him before, I liked it!

My turn, ( You probably won't be surprised )
Do Solo's count? biggrin.gif

what paul is that, tobacco faded? looks nice. I have a few les pauls. almost got a tobacco deluxe last christmas when they were selling them for $1,000. But decided I had enough guitars. pretty finish though.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 8 2007, 07:48 AM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Apr 7 2007, 11:48 PM
Mmmm... Johny Winter, yes. Love him. Like Rick Derringers version of that song better though.

Slash. I dont know what to think of him really. Some things are masterpieces but sometimes he just feels ... sloppy?

Wanted to link you to Foghat - Honey Hush (which I was listening to) for the coolest riff but I couldnt find it. You have to settle with this. http://youtube.com/watch?v=N5sbcbG1d1k Powerballads, they just are to much, but this one is the best.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 8 2007, 12:37 AM
Hah, i like foghat, not bad.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

alright, its time for something a little more intense

Cannibal Corpse - Studio Recording Of Frantic Disembowelment
Cannibal Corpse - Decency Defined

Amazing musicianship in that band

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 8 2007, 12:41 AM

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 8 2007, 02:28 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 7 2007, 11:37 PM) *

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I liked the sound, powerfull and raw. Cool riffs, vocals, not my style but I guess I would rate it 10/10. cant really find anything negative about it, awesome death metal.

I think this thread was a good idea, so I'm gonna move it on.

--------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZIN_YU4ps Uriah Heep - So tired

From the album Wonderworld, man its such an awesome album.

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Apr 8 2007, 06:02 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 7 2007, 09:28 PM) *
I liked the sound, powerfull and raw. Cool riffs, vocals, not my style but I guess I would rate it 10/10. cant really find anything negative about it, awesome death metal.

I think this thread was a good idea, so I'm gonna move it on.

--------------------------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7ZIN_YU4ps Uriah Heep - So tired

From the album Wonderworld, man its such an awesome album.

I love good ole rock, but the keyboard is outa hand in that show. Uriah Heep certainly rock.

--------------

OK. I've listened to this band my entire life, literally. They're old now and still one of the coolest underground bands ever. (The visit all you Scandinavian folks a lot). The simple have the best rythm section ever, and if there are any aspiring bassists out there, pay attention.

Nomeansno - give me the push.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaxV3c5Hc0I...ted&search=

+Quote Post
Ben C
Apr 8 2007, 04:59 PM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Apr 7 2007, 06:42 PM) *
what paul is that, tobacco faded? looks nice. I have a few les pauls. almost got a tobacco deluxe last christmas when they were selling them for $1,000. But decided I had enough guitars. pretty finish though.

Its a Dark tobacco burst, and yeah it's a really nice guitar. Pricey Though.

I Liked that song brainlesswonder.

i'd give it an 7/10 smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 10 2007, 03:41 AM
Dont forget, your supposed to put what your listening to biggrin.gif

anyway....
_ _ _ _ _ _

Blind Guardian - The Bard's Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_tORtmKIjE

Definetly one of top 3 favorite songs ever, and my number 1 favorite acoustic song (tied with Journeyman of course!)

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 10 2007, 08:26 AM
Personally I think that song was a bit boring, and I didnt like the vocals much, but still it was kinda nice. I'd give it 6/10.

-------------------------------

Pink Floyd - the great gig in the sky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e10aKSV5aaU

This is the best song EVER. Its soooooo amazing, I cant get enough of it.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 10 2007, 09:24 PM
Pink Floyd is awesome, as always.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dont expect anyone to liek this biggrin.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A5hXxmkeZs...ted&search=

Amazing live performances, and they are THE GODS Of "Windmilling" stlye of headbanging

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Apr 10 2007, 09:25 PM

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 10 2007, 10:24 PM
I usually hate viking-metal, or whatever they call it, but this wasnt that bad. I liked the sound and the riffs wasnt that redicilous as they usually are. (remember its just my opinion smile.gif)

----------------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdFUGHzGCvs ooooh myyy goodness this song is sooo extremely awesome. Totally awesome band aswell. Though, their music videos are a bit stupid but their music is really awesome and their live perfomances are soooooo cool.

Immortal - Blashyrkh Mighty Ravendark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 10 2007, 10:56 PM
IMMORTAL RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, im now watching this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G2jlXUkJ84

Opeth - When

God i love this band, some of the most amazing vocals (Clean and Growls) and some of most hihgly regarded guitar work, Mikael Akerfeldt is amazing.

By the wya, Amon Amarth is "Viking Themed Meldoic Death", there songs are based around Norse mythology and Viking Historical events but there music is composed as Melodic Death.

Just so you know biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
unmarshal
Apr 11 2007, 12:21 AM
Pure Evil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjgS_oVwQhM

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA4oq7DBU8E

This post has been edited by unmarshal: Apr 11 2007, 12:23 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 11 2007, 01:28 AM
NECROPHAGIST ARE FANTASTIC!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtrawIa3_c8...ted&search=

One of THE best solos of the last 30 years

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 11 2007, 02:11 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 7 2007, 07:37 PM) *

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

wasnt my style AT ALL. the screaming isnt what i want to listen to.good guitars, but vocals sucked in my opinion.i liked everything but the singing.(actually screaming, but whatever) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
unmarshal
Apr 11 2007, 02:15 AM
Can you recommend me more music? I listen to all sorts of stuff, but I've been slowly getting into black metal lately.

Thanks!

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 11 2007, 01:28 AM) *
NECROPHAGIST ARE FANTASTIC!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtrawIa3_c8...ted&search=

One of THE best solos of the last 30 years

+Quote Post
browq
Apr 11 2007, 10:48 AM
Queen!

everything from them

i know sometimes people overhipe them on songs like "we will rock you" but the fact is. Freddy mercury is the most amazing singer i have ever seen and bryan may may not be the best guitar player of all times but he is certainly on of the most creative. Just listnen to song like innuendo. You can also here a lot of different styles in his playing. from classic rock to some neo classical stuff (at least i hear that style in innuendo), although a friend of mine told me that bryan may din't play all the guitar parts in innuendo, don't know if that's true though

like them or not, to me they are one of the most inspiaring, creative and best bands ever. lately started listning to uria heep. Didnt know them at the time and love them as well

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 11 2007, 12:17 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 10 2007, 09:11 PM) *
wasnt my style AT ALL. the screaming isnt what i want to listen to.good guitars, but vocals sucked in my opinion.i liked everything but the singing.(actually screaming, but whatever) biggrin.gif

Actually Growling dry.gif

Anyway, yeah most people dont liek gorwling at all the first time they hear it, but it DOES Grow on you, i didnt think it would ever grow on me, but hell 3-4 years of listeing to it and i LOVE it biggrin.gif

anyway, Queen is major excellence, Freddy Mercury is absolutely amazing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:14 PM