Master Songwriting Chat Sessions With Ivan Milenkovic, 3-chat-session sognwriting process in detail
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 01:21 PM
Instructor
Master Songwriting Sessions with Ivan Milenkovic

- 3-chat-session long process of creating a full song with vocals
- composing arrangement, special vocal star guest, mixing and mastering process
- community-driven chat where members can be directly involved in the songwriting process with suggestions for lyrics, riffs and other advices

Hello good people of GMC! smile.gif This is an introduction topic to a 3 video chat series sessions that will be held on GMC on next couple of Sundays. The first chat will be broadcasted on 25th of September. Bellow you can find the time zone-adaptable counters that announce every session. As one session is over, counter for the next one will be added.

COUNTDOWN TO 1st CHAT (finished, check the video and summary here)
COUNTDOWN TO 2nd CHAT
COUNTDOWN TO 3rd CHAT

The main topic of these 3 chats will be creating a full song: drum, bass, guitars, keyboards and vocals included. The main idea is that these 3 chats will hopefully give you fresh perspective on how the songwriting process is being performed. This perspective will not only be obtained by merely watching the chat sessions - I invite you to directly participate in creating of this song. Who knows, perhaps we can have a hit going on here smile.gif

Good people of GMC - let's try to create a cool song together. I kindly invite you to post all the suggestions, riffs, lyrics and other material that you have on this topic, and we can together create a cool song during the chats. We have enough time to think up of something super cool. If you have some lyrics on English that could work, don't hesitate to post them here on the topic. Perhaps with some tweaking we can pull out a great lyrics and a great vocal line! smile.gif

SONGWRITING SESSIONS SUMMARY:

1. In the first chat we will cover the instrumental arrangement, creating basic drum groove, basic bass and guitars.
2. Second chat session will cover creating vocal lines. For this "vocal" chat session I will invite a special female vocalist guest star and a colleague to assist me with the singing parts.
3. The last session in the series will cover mixing and mastering of the recorded material.

Let's see what you guys think of this idea? Do you think we can do it? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Oct 8 2011, 06:45 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
dark dude
Sep 21 2011, 01:53 PM
GMC:er
Fantastic idea, Ivan.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 02:57 PM
Instructor
Thanks mate, I hope we will make something cool here smile.gif

I invite you, and other experienced GMCers to assist me in creating this song. Any suggestion is welcome, like:

- what type/style we will compose
- what lyrics we will use
- what riff ideas we have
- what arrangement will the song have

I will handle all these things as well, but it would be super cool if we create something together. More heads think better then one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 21 2011, 03:01 PM
Instructor
This is a great conceppt! I can't miss these ones! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Thanks a lot my friend, it would be an honor to have you on these sessions, you are a master songwriter smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Sep 21 2011, 03:06 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 21 2011, 02:57 PM) *
Thanks mate, I hope we will make something cool here smile.gif

I invite you, and other experienced GMCers to assist me in creating this song. Any suggestion is welcome, like:

- what type/style we will compose
- what lyrics we will use
- what riff ideas we have
- what arrangement will the song have

I will handle all these things as well, but it would be super cool if we create something together. More heads think better then one smile.gif

My vote goes towards something rocky, so that we can abuse the simplicity of the minor pentatonic. The easier the boxes, the easier it should be for people to write riffs and licks.

Just a feel good, Summer-style pop rock hit smile.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 03:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 21 2011, 04:06 PM) *
My vote goes towards something rocky, so that we can abuse the simplicity of the minor pentatonic. The easier the boxes, the easier it should be for people to write riffs and licks.

Just a feel good, Summer-style pop rock hit smile.gif

Sounds very interesting, looks like we have one good direction now! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 21 2011, 03:54 PM
Instructor
this is great! I hope I can join in!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 04:29 PM
Instructor
Sure thing Daniel, it would be great to have your expertize on the chat as well! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Sep 21 2011, 05:58 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I hope I can make it to all of the three chat sessions, this idea is just fantastic!
I support Adam's idea to create a nice pop-rock or pop-punk tune...maybe this could become a GMC hymn? laugh.gif

Looking forward to it!

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 21 2011, 07:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Sep 21 2011, 06:58 PM) *
I hope I can make it to all of the three chat sessions, this idea is just fantastic!
I support Adam's idea to create a nice pop-rock or pop-punk tune...maybe this could become a GMC hymn? laugh.gif

Looking forward to it!

Christian

Yeah, definitely a cool direction to go: nice pop-rock or pop-punk, we'll try something like that. Also, try to do something with a modern feel to it.

I better check out some of recent lessons for song ideas ph34r.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2011, 01:23 PM
Instructor
Quick update, I got a guest star vocalist for our song onboard, she will be guest on the 2nd session that will be held on the 2nd of October probably. Her name is Aleksandra, and this is how she sings:

This is the recent collaboration with Andrew Zink, more info you can find on got-djent.com

Hope you will enjoy the sessions! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Sep 23 2011, 01:32 PM
Hah, that's awesome! Perhaps we should tailor the style of the song to her voice? I won't be able to make Sunday as I'm meeting up old friends, so I can't really pass up on that, sorry sad.gif

I'd like to write some material for this though, just need a rough direction - pop punk/rock then?

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Sep 23 2011, 02:59 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Great idea Ivan, I'm really looking forward to this one smile.gif

And Aleksandra has a beautiful voice indeed. "Ti ćeš kćeri pjevati" biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2011, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Sep 23 2011, 02:32 PM) *
Hah, that's awesome! Perhaps we should tailor the style of the song to her voice? I won't be able to make Sunday as I'm meeting up old friends, so I can't really pass up on that, sorry sad.gif

I'd like to write some material for this though, just need a rough direction - pop punk/rock then?

Oh man, sorry to hear that sad.gif Don't worry, we will have detailed summary of the chat, and there will be 3 sessions, so you can always catch up! smile.gif

Regarding suggestions, if you have some riffs or lyrics, it would be great! At least a start so we have a "spark" for creativity biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Dinaga @ Sep 23 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Great idea Ivan, I'm really looking forward to this one smile.gif

And Aleksandra has a beautiful voice indeed. "Ti ćeš kćeri pjevati" biggrin.gif

smile.gif I believe it will turn out great. I will inform everybody in time before that session, and we will hopefully do a small introduction as well. Things are cooking up, so stay tuned for these chats biggrin.gif

Dinaga friend, if you have some suggestions with theme, riffs or lyrics, please share it with us, so we can try to create this song together smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ulrik
Sep 23 2011, 03:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great I'm there (all 3 times I hope)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Sep 23 2011, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 23 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Dinaga friend, if you have some suggestions with theme, riffs or lyrics, please share it with us, so we can try to create this song together smile.gif

I'm away for the weekend so I won't be home until sunday, if I manage to make something up then, I'll be more than happy to contribute smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 23 2011, 04:02 PM
Instructor
Awesome to hear that man! smile.gif Do you have some suggestions about the riffs or lyrics perhaps? I'll post some in the next couple of days, perhaps we can work around it! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 24 2011, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Guys, the songwriting chat sessions start tomorrow! smile.gif

On tomorrows session we will be composing guitar, drums, bass, possibly some simple keyboard lines as well if we get inspiration for those too smile.gif

I invite you all to participate with your opinions and suggestions, so we can create a cool song! smile.gif

Again, here's countdown to the chat that is time zone adaptable to the whole world.

See you tomorrow! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Sep 24 2011, 03:58 PM
Injured my fretting hand at a gig last night, riffs will have to wait for a bit sad.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:27 PM