6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
The Feelings Collab, ...get the emotions out!
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 11 2015, 11:21 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey GMC'ers!

I'm happy to bring you a new collab and this one is all about the feelings! Let the rain or sun influence your mood when playing your take, anything goes here. Get angry, sad, happy - let the backing track move you. The track was made by Javier Aviles and is taken from this lesson.

BACKING TRACK: Attached File  Feelings_Collab_85_bpm.mp3 ( 2.33MB ) Number of downloads: 1078

Jam Track for practicing: Attached File  Jam_Track_85_bpm.mp3 ( 10.59MB ) Number of downloads: 941

Tempo: 85 bpm

Progression:

Bb | Cm | Cm | Eb
Bb | Fm | Ab | Eb x3
Eb | Bb | Cm

Needed: melodic lead lines and solos!

________

When you decide on your final take, please submit two audio files:

1. Your solo without the backing track.
2. Your solo mixed with the backing track for reference.

Please feel free to let me know if this is your first collab and if you need more info on how these work and how to produce the needed files, I'll be glad to help you out!

Deadline: 15th of July

Who is up for it?

Participants: fzalfa, Kristofer Dahl, bleez, Phil66, Chris S, Opetholic, Jim S, Ricky9, Marek Rojewski, Nick6373, Piotr Kaczor.....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 11 2015, 11:47 AM
Learning Roadie
i'am in !

edit: melody done, recording on the way, get uour towel, wou"'ll certainly cry a lot

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jun 11 2015, 12:36 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 11 2015, 12:29 PM
GMC Founder
IN! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 11 2015, 12:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
sounds cool, In smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 11 2015, 12:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
In mad.gif sad.gif smile.gif wub.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 12 2015, 08:58 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 11 2015, 01:10 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 11 2015, 01:52 PM) *
In mad.gif sad.gif smile.gif

You've already expressed a lot of feelings right there!! tongue.gif Can't wait to hear your take!

Hopefully you'll show us some wub.gif as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 11 2015, 01:47 PM
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 11 2015, 12:47 PM) *
i'am in !

edit: melody done, recording on the way, get uour towel, wou"'ll certainly cry a lot

Laurent

Hehehe awesome, I'll prepare the ambience lights and I think I'll also need the bucket to drain the sorrow smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 11 2015, 01:29 PM) *
IN! biggrin.gif

Alright, alright! smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jun 11 2015, 01:43 PM) *
sounds cool, In smile.gif

Awesome Bleez, putting you on the list! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 11 2015, 01:52 PM) *
In mad.gif sad.gif smile.gif

Hehe I can already hear the string breaking smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 11 2015, 02:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!

Okay so maybe techno djent for the NEXT collab right? wink.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 11 2015, 02:28 PM
QUOTE (Chris S. @ Jun 11 2015, 03:08 PM) *
Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!

Okay so maybe techno djent for the NEXT collab right? wink.gif tongue.gif

But I only do Polka?! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 11 2015, 03:14 PM
Learning Roadie
hi

i have do a theme, i must extracts idea and polish this

it's the fist time ever i try to play with harmonics, listen the whole, you'll find them, beware it's a rush.

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/collab-sad-blues

edit:

a bit more polished

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/sad-blues-gmc

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jun 11 2015, 04:29 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 11 2015, 11:22 PM
Hey Laurent - great to hear you jamming already. It is very good that you are making recordings of your jams as it will help you to compose a "super take" out of the cool ideas which came out spontaneously.

I have listened to both of your takes and here are my impressions based on one listen each so it should be as objective in terms of what grabs my ear as possible:

Take 2 (polished take): 0:11-0:20 - this is a very nice melody and its catchy, with emotion etc. I liked it phrasing and note choice wise. Thing to pay attention to: note you slide to at approx 0:17! This is the best note in this phrase hands on, its just full of feelings and perfectly lines up with the backing chord. I would use this note and whole section as a base for my take if I were you. You'll notice that you quickly go from the long note at 0:17 (which is IMO "the note"). Try to make that note longer and more sustained and then make a small pause before going for more licks/phrasing. This will evoke more dramatic emotional effect. In this seciton you should polish up on all the expressive elements so be careful with how clean each note sounds and also how fast/slow you slide to and from notes as well as possible hammer-ons and pull-offs usage. It needs to be gentle and smooth for the highest effect on the listener.

Take 1: 1:56-2:16 - this is the best section from this take in my opinion. Harmonics, melody and note choice is pretty strong here. Things to look out for here would be to play notes and keep them sustained for longer so that you can smoothly go from one note to the next one without the previous one "dying" in terms of sustain.

Those sections above are ones I'd "buy" from these jam takes and use them as source for creating a super take which needs to be short, composed and well played. My suggestion would be to start composing a short take using those section above as starting point and main theme/idea. Once you have it composed and it sounds/feels good against the backing track you can work on the actual technical performance and polishing it up.

Tone wise, my suggestion would be to add a bit more warmth to your tone. Try rolling down the treble and gain a bit and maybe increasing bass and mid frequencies. I think that tone like this one for example would really fit the backing well: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Dire-Straits-Inspired/

Looking forward to what you come up with smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 12 2015, 08:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Bogdan

i try to do a mix with this parts, and do a short take

i'll post today

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 12 2015, 12:40 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Hi Bogdan:) Is this an video collab, or just an audio one?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 12 2015, 03:33 PM
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 12 2015, 01:40 PM) *
Hi Bogdan:) Is this an video collab, or just an audio one?

This is an audio collab Marek, will you be able to submit your take?
It would be awesome to have you in smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Jun 12 2015, 07:58 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Bogdan

how does it feel with this one ? need polish , but i love it !

i realy experiment new technics, not always successfully , like harmonics, and more legato.

i have play it with my LP studio, it just come back from the guitarist builder, i have brake the neck.... it work like a charms now smile.gif very happy !

i use my finger to play, i love to do this way, you can make it vibe under them

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/test-blues-sad-gmc

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Jun 12 2015, 07:59 PM

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 12 2015, 08:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm struggling. I wanted to create a piece that started angry and then gradually calmed down into an almost hypnotic state. I am in a hotel tomorrow night so work will be happening in my head. wink.gif

Just letting you know I am still into this collab smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Daeron
Jun 12 2015, 10:18 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 12 2015, 06:58 PM) *

I like this take, Laurent. The melody is nice and reach the sadness/melancolic, the dynamics is good too as you begin very softly. Yes, I like it and I'll follow the evolution of this thread ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 12 2015, 11:12 PM
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Jun 12 2015, 08:58 PM) *
hi Bogdan

how does it feel with this one ? need polish , but i love it !

i realy experiment new technics, not always successfully , like harmonics, and more legato.

i have play it with my LP studio, it just come back from the guitarist builder, i have brake the neck.... it work like a charms now smile.gif very happy !

i use my finger to play, i love to do this way, you can make it vibe under them

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/test-blues-sad-gmc

Laurent

Hey Laurent - this was great!
I really like the sound of the LP studio, it fits the backing perfectly.

I'm slightly leaning towards making another suggestion, please don't mind me - this is just for fun and to see what we can get smile.gif

Just as an experiment and if you have time, you could try the following:

Create another "super take" out of the ideas in this latest one!

Since this latest one sounds like a great take as it is, you could try the following as an experiment:

Shortening the harmonics section in half and connecting it straight to phrasing and licks played at 0:46 till the end. Don't get me wrong, section at 0:25-0:46 is also very nice and has great moments but I think if you'd combine half of the harmonics with licks and phrasing from 0:46 in some way over the backing, you'd get a shorter take which features only WOW leads and carefully chosen notes.

Please let me know what you think about this?

I'm also prepared to "buy" this latest take and/or suggest recording a polished version of it if you want as I think it feels strong as it is and will fit the collab amazingly well. I'm just itchy to see how far we can take it, that's it smile.gif

QUOTE (Daeron @ Jun 12 2015, 11:18 PM) *
I like this take, Laurent. The melody is nice and reach the sadness/melancolic, the dynamics is good too as you begin very softly. Yes, I like it and I'll follow the evolution of this thread ! smile.gif

Hey Daeron, let me know if you'd like to give this one a go. I'm sure we could work out a cool take together. It can also be in any lenght really as I'm not sure how we'll end up in the final mix of the collab in terms of will I be using all the takes in full or making a sort of "musical medley" out of the "amazing bits" from everyone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 13 2015, 01:20 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 12 2015, 09:57 PM) *
I'm struggling. I wanted to create a piece that started angry and then gradually calmed down into an almost hypnotic state. I am in a hotel tomorrow night so work will be happening in my head. wink.gif

Just letting you know I am still into this collab smile.gif

That is a good idea Phil! smile.gif Composing in your head is a very good approach which often leads to more original idea. Please feel free to send your work in progress takes if you wish. Looking forward to checking out your take.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
Jun 13 2015, 02:40 AM
Learning Roadie
So this is my first take from it:

https://soundcloud.com/stortzmusic/gmc-feeling-collab-take-one

Will definitely develop it a bit further.

Any advice? What do you like and dislike about it?

Thanks biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:43 AM