Song I Made Today
onetabmat
May 31 2020, 04:41 PM
Learning Roadie
just something I made today,

I know its not perfect but I want to be making more music .

practise makes perfect.

let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions regarding composition/recording or mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/matty-od/nature

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 31 2020, 07:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Well done Mat,

As a work in progress I like it. I'm no expert myself but for what it's worth I think the drums need to be a bit more exciting, I always struggle with drums because I don't know how to use a drum program, or write for drums so I end up pulling a drum pattern from somewhere.

To my ears, the guitar sounds a little "thin" but if that's what you want then that's fine, personally I'd go for the neck pickup or add some bass and mid and roll back the treble but as I said, that's all subjective.

At 00:33 that is a Gilmour moment right there cool.gif I also like the way you have used different guitar sounds, (three I think) I was wondering if you were trying to represent the seasons but that would need another, unless there are four and two are quite close in sound to each other.

Keep it up buddy, it's great to do this kind of thing when inspiration strikes.

No doubt people with much more experience than me of this type of thing will give you some sterling input.

Thanks for the share smile.gif

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
onetabmat
May 31 2020, 08:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks 🙏 . Yea I think the first guitar is quieter than the other 2 sections

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 1 2020, 07:15 AM
GMC:er
Diggin it! Is that you on keyboards? What did you use for everything? Is it keyboards/vsts? I like the vibe. Congrats on creating a cool track!!

I like the GMC SYNTH track as well. It sounds like "Retro Wave" which is a big thing just now and I'm a huge fan of the genre. I

QUOTE (onetabmat @ May 31 2020, 11:41 AM) *
just something I made today,

I know its not perfect but I want to be making more music .

practise makes perfect.

let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions regarding composition/recording or mixing.

https://soundcloud.com/matty-od/nature

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:02 AM