G Minor, Playing over G minor backing track after practicing the scale
enlo22
Dec 30 2011, 09:12 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I've been paying more attention to scales rather than just going without any idea. There's parts here that are crap but i guess i just wanted to hear it from you guys on your thoughts about it, and what I can do to improve.So here's my video, i was kind of indecisive if i should post it of not cause I don't want my dreams killed haha but here it goes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 10)
PosterBoy
Dec 30 2011, 09:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Pretty good, the bits that don't sound too good are where you aren't landing on a chord tone, paying attention to the chords you are playing over and what notes make those chords will help you with your note choices.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
enlo22
Dec 30 2011, 10:45 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 30 2011, 08:56 PM) *
Pretty good, the bits that don't sound too good are where you aren't landing on a chord tone, paying attention to the chords you are playing over and what notes make those chords will help you with your note choices.

Thanks for your advice man, i'lll keep that in mind! it was like 4 in the morning and i was sleepy so that's my excuse for now lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
JPBluestring
Dec 30 2011, 11:44 PM
GMC:er
Great take man. I like the fact that you are moving from one box to the other it gives a good dimension. Good rythm all the way. Liked it man. Where did you get this nice backing BTW?

JPBluestring smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Dec 31 2011, 12:02 AM
Instructor
Quite well, you have good finger position, clear and good sound,just keep practicing! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Dec 31 2011, 02:47 AM
Instructor
Nice job. Just keep trying to come up with melodic statements and emphasize strong chord tones as was stated above. For G minor, Bb, D and F are the strong tones as they are the minor 3rd, 5th and 7th.

+Quote Post
enlo22
Dec 31 2011, 08:17 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Thanks for your replys, i'll keep all that in mind smile.gif
and I got the backing track from Youtube!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 31 2011, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 30 2011, 08:56 PM) *

Yes smile.gif

These two bits of advice from Poster Boy and Alex are crucial.. I'm always telling people to try and avoid landing on a chord change with an 'in between' note.. by that I mean you almost get caught in the middle of looking for the right note. I know you were just jamming and when we're jamming we all do it but this is very useful to bear in mind when you construct a solo. Make it desicive, not meandering smile.gif

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Dec 31 2011, 01:47 AM) *
Nice job. Just keep trying to come up with melodic statements and emphasize strong chord tones as was stated above. For G minor, Bb, D and F are the strong tones as they are the minor 3rd, 5th and 7th.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2011, 12:23 PM
Instructor
Try going through my Improvising Workshop Series, it contains lots of useful tips for improvisation. You learned the pattern, but the problem is you don't structurize your phrases and don't follow chordal notes.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
enlo22
Dec 31 2011, 09:26 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 31 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Try going through my Improvising Workshop Series, it contains lots of useful tips for improvisation. You learned the pattern, but the problem is you don't structurize your phrases and don't follow chordal notes.

To be honest with you, I don't even know what Chordal notes are ..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 1 2012, 09:30 PM
Instructor
That's really good advice. Try to land on each chords root note first. Then experiment with landing on the third of each chord. Do it slow first, then you can start doing more crazy stuff.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:45 AM