Sony Vegas Rendering Problem, Help Me?
thefireball
Sep 2 2011, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Dear GMC tech savvs,

This is a video sampling my pre-rendered video. So this is a render of a render. The first time I rendered it is when this problem occurred. For some reason the pixels are blending with each other on the screen shot. What is happening and how can I fix this? I purposely muted the audio.

Brandon

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 2 2011, 11:19 PM
Instructor
Similar happened to me several times, and I found that the guilty was a graphic card !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 3 2011, 12:09 AM
Learning Roadie
The weird thing is that it has never happened before. It only did this on the screenshot.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 3 2011, 07:26 PM
Instructor
What codec are you using?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 3 2011, 08:56 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 3 2011, 01:26 PM) *
What codec are you using?

The codec for the screenshot is 264vfw h.264 mpeg-4 avc. I noticed this in the settings of the screen capture program, after I did some searching on google. I don't know how to set that for Sony Vegas. I downloaded a 264vfw codec though.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 8 2011, 11:42 PM
Learning Roadie
*bump?*

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2011, 02:39 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Sep 2 2011, 06:19 PM) *
Similar happened to me several times, and I found that the guilty was a graphic card !

When exporting, have you tried a different CODEC? You should get options whether to render H264, or Windows Media, or what not. Try a different codec and then try an different file format .AVi, .mov .wmv and see if you get the same error.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 10 2011, 07:54 PM
Learning Roadie
I don't know what the problem is because I now see it's doing it even inside Vegas.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 10 2011, 08:02 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe your version of Sony Vegas isn't handling well that mp4 file of your screen capture. Try rendering the screen capture video to some other codec when doing the capturing in the first place (if it's possible). BTW, awesome software for this kind of screen capture is Camtasia Studio.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 10 2011, 08:13 PM
Instructor
Try using Sony AVC codec. Use some regular setting. Does it work?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 10 2011, 11:01 PM
Instructor
Borrow another video card somewhere and try it, at least you will know if the problem is with the hardware or software!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 10 2011, 11:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Does it only do it on youtube? I assume local playback works fine after it has been rendered?

If so I know the problem, and it is indeed a codec issue. Youtube native format is MP4, although it allows WMV, AVI, MPEG, and a plethora of others. WMV and AVI can work but quite often the video will have distortions, or the audio will be displaced. Vegas has a codec for youtube, here is a screenshot of the I use most often.

That's to solve it with playback problems in youtube and other streaming medias. If it does it locally, the chances are it is a RAM issue. If you do HD videos and have 2 or more video tracks (which most of us do) a solid 3 or 4GB RAM would be needed for continued playback inside Vegas (optimally), HD videos and Vegas combined can be a serious CPU drain. If it distorts still, try lowering the preview quality. Unless you have a higher capacity RAM, chances are it will do that. Try selecting "Preview > Best" so the playback will be synched as close as possible.

Lastly, when I had this issue - A simple frag and clean, and reinstall of Vegas solved the problem. When Vegas becomes over tasked, it will start sucking resources from more and more CPU, which can permanently damage a project sometimes - so, another trick can be to start a new project from scratch - and see if the problems persist.

EDIT

And of course, it could be due to a bad graphics driver - make sure yours are updated and all that, try rolling the back if you want. And worst case scenario, a new graphics card could be needed - but you said this just started so it most likely isnt that drastic.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 11 2011, 12:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 10 2011, 05:20 PM) *
Does it only do it on youtube? I assume local playback works fine after it has been rendered?

If so I know the problem, and it is indeed a codec issue. Youtube native format is MP4, although it allows WMV, AVI, MPEG, and a plethora of others. WMV and AVI can work but quite often the video will have distortions, or the audio will be displaced. Vegas has a codec for youtube, here is a screenshot of the I use most often.

That's to solve it with playback problems in youtube and other streaming medias. If it does it locally, the chances are it is a RAM issue. If you do HD videos and have 2 or more video tracks (which most of us do) a solid 3 or 4GB RAM would be needed for continued playback inside Vegas (optimally), HD videos and Vegas combined can be a serious CPU drain. If it distorts still, try lowering the preview quality. Unless you have a higher capacity RAM, chances are it will do that. Try selecting "Preview > Best" so the playback will be synched as close as possible.

Lastly, when I had this issue - A simple frag and clean, and reinstall of Vegas solved the problem. When Vegas becomes over tasked, it will start sucking resources from more and more CPU, which can permanently damage a project sometimes - so, another trick can be to start a new project from scratch - and see if the problems persist.

EDIT

And of course, it could be due to a bad graphics driver - make sure yours are updated and all that, try rolling the back if you want. And worst case scenario, a new graphics card could be needed - but you said this just started so it most likely isnt that drastic.

Thanks! I'm glad you responded since you have don't videos of this nature. I'm going to try a few of those things. And it might also be my laptop is dying. It has 4 GB of RAM. I heard the hard drive click a few months ago. When my birthday rolls around in a few weeks, I'm getting a new Hard drive. I just backed up my files today. wink.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 11 2011, 10:04 PM
If the hard drive is dying, it might not be spinning at the proper RPM, which could cause pretty much every known problem. I'd say get a 1TB hard drive, they are usually pretty cheap now, $75 for a cheaper one, and $100-$150 for a real good one. Depends though if its an internal or external you want.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 12 2011, 02:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 11 2011, 04:04 PM) *
If the hard drive is dying, it might not be spinning at the proper RPM, which could cause pretty much every known problem. I'd say get a 1TB hard drive, they are usually pretty cheap now, $75 for a cheaper one, and $100-$150 for a real good one. Depends though if its an internal or external you want.

Okay. I was thinking about getting a 500 GB internal, high speed, but maybe I'll go higher to 750 GB. The guys at the computer repair shop said they only go up to about that for my laptop.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 12 2011, 03:24 AM
You can pick up external HD's that simply plug in via USB as well. On top of my 1TB internal, I have a 500GB that backs up all my audio (reaper projects, rendered songs, some videos) and a 250GB that backs up all my textual information (lyrics, ideas, short stories, bills and payment confirmations etc.) both were pretty cheap. The 500 was only about $70 (its a nice model SeaGate) and the 250 I got for like $40 on sale (also SeaGate)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:46 AM