2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Lessons Form Gmc That You Loved To Learned
korblitz
Jun 9 2013, 11:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
What's your favorite lesson on GMC?

What was the lesson that you completed and had the satisfaction of saying : "Whoa, I'm clearly improving at the guitar"?

What's the most difficult lesson that you have accomplished?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2013, 03:04 AM
Instructor
Very cool topic man. I'm really interested in knowing the answers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 10 2013, 06:04 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
i just learned darius waves metel core chops #1, i had to learn it after watchin patrik bergs take smile.gif some awsome riffs and melodies in that lesson. i started at 110bbm now im doing it at 160 almost clean but its a really fun lesson to learn.
Darius if you read this is the backing track in E? cause im learning this lesson in standard tuning and it sounds fine over your backing track. im using 130bpm backing track

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 10 2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 10 2013, 05:04 AM) *
i just learned darius waves metel core chops #1, i had to learn it after watchin patrik bergs take smile.gif some awsome riffs and melodies in that lesson. i started at 110bbm now im doing it at 160 almost clean but its a really fun lesson to learn.
Darius if you read this is the backing track in E? cause im learning this lesson in standard tuning and it sounds fine over your backing track. im using 130bpm backing track

Hi Dave! Nice to know You enjoy and You're working on this lesson! Backing tracks are in C# minor (it has same notesa as E major smile.gif Notes willfit but this would be something new to play with regular tuning biggrin.gif I'm afraid the dropped tuning is a must - one of the factors that creates this style. I'll consider doing one extra backing in E minor but just the main tempo one. For the practice purpose You can pitch shift the tracks in Your DAW - just add 3 semitones up smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Jun 10 2013, 09:10 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jun 10 2013, 08:01 AM) *
You can pitch shift the tracks in Your DAW - just add 3 semitones up smile.gif

really so i can pitch shift just the backing track? could i do this for the rec, cause i dont have a guitar that can be tuned to c#
i will eventually. im gonna pick up a esp ltd ec1000 for dropped tunings, but that will be awhile. and i think i have this down in a month or so.
im gonna go into my daw tomorrow and check out this pitch shift thing i never knew you could do that biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by dcz702: Jun 10 2013, 09:11 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2013, 09:54 AM
Instructor
I picked up things from here and there in a lot of lessons smile.gif I am more interested in the creative concepts behind the lessons and I tend to try to enrich my vocabulary by learning things that the other guys are doing or did in other lessons.

I learned things from EVERYONE and I am doing it constantly smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 10 2013, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ Jun 10 2013, 08:10 AM) *
really so i can pitch shift just the backing track? could i do this for the rec, cause i dont have a guitar that can be tuned to c#
i will eventually. im gonna pick up a esp ltd ec1000 for dropped tunings, but that will be awhile. and i think i have this down in a month or so.
im gonna go into my daw tomorrow and check out this pitch shift thing i never knew you could do that biggrin.gif

You can try to do it that way. If the pitch algoritm is good than the 3 half steps up should not sound that bad. If You can wait a while I'll do the backing in E. Temporartly I have to fix my new recording room - it's more than worse - I can't make any objective mix right now...I think Next week it would be better

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 10 2013, 08:54 AM) *
I picked up things from here and there in a lot of lessons smile.gif I am more interested in the creative concepts behind the lessons and I tend to try to enrich my vocabulary by learning things that the other guys are doing or did in other lessons.

I learned things from EVERYONE and I am doing it constantly smile.gif

We're similar than....I never played too much full covers or full lessons. Just stealing the licks or harmony concepts...smile.gif

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Jun 10 2013, 02:00 PM
GMC:er
My favorite is still Gab's Stoner Rock lesson. One of the first ones I learned here, and I still have a ton of fun playing it.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...er-rock-lesson/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 10 2013, 05:12 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
That was clearly Metal Patterns for me.
When I first started with this lesson by Lian, I couldn't play it along with the slowest backing track.
I practiced, made it to 120 bpm, then joined Todd's chats every staurday.
A year later I remembered this lesson and could flawlessly play it at 180 bpm.

That's when the shocking truth became clear to me: practice does make you better!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Nava
Jun 10 2013, 06:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
The first one would be Emir's Neoclassic for Beginners, It got a great melody in a relative easy play

The hardest and the one I want to finsih one day is Marcus Lavendell's Neoclassical Etude #1 (the AP and the incredible 140bpm is way to hard at the moment).
And to mention Gab's Neoclassical sweeping & legato - 25 seconds - it sounds so easy but (for me) its still a bit hard, but almost there, just the last legato 00.22-00.25 :-)

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Shaolin
Jun 10 2013, 07:18 PM
QUOTE (Nava @ Jun 10 2013, 05:53 PM) *
The hardest and the one I want to finsih one day is Marcus Lavendell's Neoclassical Etude #1 (the AP and the incredible 140bpm is way to hard at the moment).

I know what you mean man, especially the main lick at the beginning is very hard at that speed.

Another one I love by Mr. Lavendell is his Vibrato Lesson 1. It's probably the most beautiful vibrato I have ever heard from any guitarist.

And then of course Piotr's two Marty Friedman lessons. What wonderful compositions!

This post has been edited by Shaolin: Jun 10 2013, 07:27 PM

+Quote Post
SixStringSamurai
Jun 10 2013, 07:48 PM
I've been trying to open my mind to jazz fusion.... very slowly attempting to learn Stephane's Mixolydian Fusion Licks lesson. Wow, it's mind bending for a guy who has spent a decade just playing rock/metal/shred etc using very basic scales, hahaha.

--------------------
http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Thank you to John at GMC for inviting me to hang out and talk gear with you guys!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 10 2013, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Jun 10 2013, 10:00 AM) *
My favorite is still Gab's Stoner Rock lesson. One of the first ones I learned here, and I still have a ton of fun playing it.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...er-rock-lesson/

Nice to remember this mate! Let me tell you that more Stoner is coming. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
korblitz
Jun 10 2013, 08:37 PM
I like Gab's Dark Atmosphere lesson! I sounds so cool.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jun 10 2013, 09:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 10 2013, 08:17 PM) *
Nice to remember this mate! Let me tell you that more Stoner is coming. biggrin.gif

Awesome biggrin.gif
Both stoner lessons were really good to learn and play. I still remember how pleased I was when I got the 1st stoner lesson good enough to do a rec take smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jun 11 2013, 02:27 AM
I'm pretty biased towards anything that Lian did because he did a great job at actually taking requests and making them happen.

For example I requested Alexi Laiho style lessons and he not only gave me and others a single lesson but he gave us two. He also came through when I asked about an In Flames style lesson.

Other than that I absolutely love Darius's Metal Chops #1 (I always hoped for a metalcore lesson like that on GMC) and Yoppe's first lesson (which I'm currently attempting).

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 11 2013, 08:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SixStringSamurai @ Jun 10 2013, 06:48 PM) *
I've been trying to open my mind to jazz fusion.... very slowly attempting to learn Stephane's Mixolydian Fusion Licks lesson. Wow, it's mind bending for a guy who has spent a decade just playing rock/metal/shred etc using very basic scales, hahaha.

Steph's lessons are totally great! I love those myself smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jun 12 2013, 11:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Jun 11 2013, 01:27 AM) *
I'm pretty biased towards anything that Lian did because he did a great job at actually taking requests and making them happen.

For example I requested Alexi Laiho style lessons and he not only gave me and others a single lesson but he gave us two. He also came through when I asked about an In Flames style lesson.

Other than that I absolutely love Darius's Metal Chops #1 (I always hoped for a metalcore lesson like that on GMC) and Yoppe's first lesson (which I'm currently attempting).

Thanks Trey! I promise that the Metalcore is a series and there'll be more parts! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Jun 12 2013, 01:25 PM
Hmm, let me think smile.gif
I'd say Metalcore chops #1, Bens Iced earth lesson, Gabs power metal series, Muris Alternate workout and extreme neoclassical and SRV style, Piotrs triplet etude and so many more. I'm really digging the funk lesson by Javier as well oh and Cosmins winter arpeggios smile.gif
As for one that I have learnt the most from, hmmm not sure, any that focused on alt picking and sweep picking as I've got down picking fairly sorted.
A big thank you to all the instructors (and Kris for the site) for all your feedback'n'stuff \m/@.@\m/

This post has been edited by Patrik Berg: Jun 12 2013, 01:36 PM

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2013, 07:34 AM
Instructor
Thank you man smile.gif Glad you like it - who knows, maybe I'll throw in the whole piece one day biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:34 PM