Type Like I Play Guitar !
Ben Higgins
Feb 13 2012, 06:59 PM
Instructor
My girlfriend just pointed something out to me. She thinks my typing is influenced by my guitar playing..

On my left hand (fretting hand) I use up to 3 fingers to type.. on my right (picking) hand, I only ever use the index finger.

I can see what she means laugh.gif

What are you guys like with typing ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 13 2012, 07:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 13 2012, 01:59 PM) *
My girlfriend just pointed something out to me. She thinks my typing is influenced by my guitar playing..

On my left hand (fretting hand) I use up to 3 fingers to type.. on my right (picking) hand, I only ever use the index finger.

I can see what she means laugh.gif

What are you guys like with typing ?

I am typing this as a test to see how I type..

Thats kinda weird.. (Fretting) I use my pinky for shifting, my thumb for space bar, and the last 3 for typing. On my (Picking) I use my pinky for enter, ring is delete, pointer for space bar/typing, middle typing, thumb kinda just latches to the bottom of the keyboard. Thats so weird to think of it that way since in high school I used to take typing classes... Boy my teacher would cut off my hands if she could see this now. laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2012, 07:44 PM
Instructor
I use all my fingers for typing because I had to learnt it at school and now I get used to it. The exams were "how many words can you write per minute?". I wasn't so fast but I have the technique. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 13 2012, 07:56 PM
Instructor
I'm typing with all fingers expect pinky finger on the right hand, but it's going good without it, can't complain biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 13 2012, 08:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
I mainly use my index fingers when typing...sometimes the middle and ring finger of the picking hand. But the left hand is pretty much limited to the index finger...I think I will check Adrian's "one finger guitar" lesson now...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 13 2012, 08:08 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
laugh.gif If my playing was as bad as my typing I would be playing alot of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with one finger two at the most. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Feb 13 2012, 08:23 PM
Instructor
Llong ago, I learned typing in the army, and got a first class diploma . Now I am typing with six fingers..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 13 2012, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I can type with 8 fingers (without the pinkies) and mostly without looking at the keyboard, but then again... I'm a programmer so I type a lot and my fastest key combination is CTRL+C, CTRL+V biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Feb 13 2012, 11:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 14 2012, 01:00 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Feb 13 2012, 07:23 PM) *
Now I am typing with six fingers..

On one hand????? ohmy.gif
Now I know your secret to your playing!!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif

I use thumb, index middle on my right hand and index on my left, completely the reverse of what it should be!! But then, I am just weird like that!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 14 2012, 10:12 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 14 2012, 12:00 AM) *
On one hand????? ohmy.gif

Yeah, that's scary.. Sinisa, do you live near a Nuclear Power Station ?? laugh.gif

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 13 2012, 07:08 PM) *
laugh.gif If my playing was as bad as my typing I would be playing alot of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with one finger two at the most. tongue.gif

If my guitar playing was like my typing then a solo would sound like:

2 notes, bad note, stop. Swear ! Delete note. 5 more notes. Swear again ! Go back through the last 2 notes and delete one of them. Complete solo angrily and breathe out. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 14 2012, 10:12 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2012, 10:33 AM
Instructor
10 finger t(a)yp(p)ing baby! biggrin.gif I mean it tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 14 2012, 02:15 PM
Learning Roadie
I type with all my fingers. I am not all that accurate, but I learned typing before I started playing the guitar. So I type like I was taught...pretty much.

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Feb 14 2012, 03:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2012, 07:44 PM) *
I use all my fingers for typing because I had to learnt it at school and now I get used to it. The exams were "how many words can you write per minute?". I wasn't so fast but I have the technique. biggrin.gif

Haha I had the same lessons biggrin.gif
Kind of stupid keyboard exercies now that you think of it

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:56 PM