Bending
besip
May 24 2008, 06:42 PM
GMC:er
HI Marcus
before i'm start i'm have to say you have unbelievable bending and vibrato!!!!!!! wink.gif
actualy i'm was work on your neoclasical lesson few month ago like on my first beginer lesson but i'm was stop it becouse specialy my bend release bend is weak.usualy what i'm do bad is this when i'm bending and then release the string {or try vibrato with bend} my lower string is also sound.
what i'm wana asking you is this..how you recomendet to mute the lower string when you doing specialy brb???
looks to me you use the index for muting????? i'm was try to do that with my index but i'm never know how to do that right

actualy today i'm try do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c9UqbkjC6k
just trying to like this guy pay attention to go with my fingers under the lower string..looks like thats work a litle

but i'm wana know what you thing

Thanks...Regards..Rene

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by besip: May 24 2008, 06:44 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 26 2008, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Rene,

Thanks for your kind words! Yes, I mute with my index finger but I also, and mostly, mute with my right hand (palm mute).

Every way that keeps the other strings from ringing is a good way (as long as you don’t hurt yourself, of course) smile.gif . However, I personally don’t like the idea of putting my fingers under the strings, like the guy in that vid. I’m sure it works great for him and for a lot of other guitarists, but if you ask me I’d recommend you to practice palm muting more.

-Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
besip
May 26 2008, 02:14 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 26 2008, 08:55 AM) *
Hi Rene,

Thanks for your kind words! Yes, I mute with my index finger but I also, and mostly, mute with my right hand (palm mute).

Every way that keeps the other strings from ringing is a good way (as long as you don’t hurt yourself, of course) smile.gif . However, I personally don’t like the idea of putting my fingers under the strings, like the guy in that vid. I’m sure it works great for him and for a lot of other guitarists, but if you ask me I’d recommend you to practice palm muting more.

-Marcus

Thanks Marcus...you right i'm was probbaly find out the problem with my soundind string{hope i'm find biggrin.gif } looks like when i'm bending B string{for example on your neoclasical solo} then i'm belive before was ringing the G..
but looks like the G is ok and i'm mute the G well with touching her slightly rolleyes.gif but what was ringing is D
so there shoot coming like you write hand palm!!!!!!!

i'm gonna work on that i'm glad and hope i'm was find the main problem tongue.gif

thanks again for your reply cool.gif
Rene

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 26 2008, 02:27 PM
Instructor
ok, if the D-string is ringing when you play on the B-string, then you definitely should use palm mute! (It would be very tricky to mute it with the index finger in this case)

Hey, keep me updated on your progress smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
besip
May 26 2008, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 26 2008, 09:27 AM) *
ok, if the D-string is ringing when you play on the B-string, then you definitely should use palm mute! (It would be very tricky to mute it with the index finger in this case)

Hey, keep me updated on your progress smile.gif

i'm will wink.gif

Hey i'm see you are use your white quitar a lot wink.gif what kind of quitar it's??? and what kind of efect you use ?? if you use any... actauly i'm Metal guy but i'm also start feel i'm will gonna like also nice melodic stuff like blues or kind of music like your..Nocturnal Vision Lesson....O Holy Night - Adolphe Adam....and other melodic stuff

actualy i'm was thinking to buy in future new quitar..like i'm write all ready i'm like Metal but also nice melodic playing..so i'm was thinking to buy verstaible quitar like ibanez 2550z..or maybe be good id to buy 1 Killer quitar for example with Emg pickups and sonest or later 1 more type of quitar like you have....

and 1 again..Thanks for reply Marcus cool.gif
Rene

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 26 2008, 09:15 PM
Instructor
Hello again Rene smile.gif

Yes, I like that white strat! I've put it together myself from parts I took from different second hand guitars. I think the body is an old ESP (400 series), and the neck is some "no-name" brand which I've scalloped and put a floyd rose nut on smile.gif And the tuners are from Fender, but that's basically all I know about it... laugh.gif

I don't use many effects. It's mostly just a little reverb and sometimes a short delay.

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
besip
May 26 2008, 09:39 PM
QUOTE (Marcus Lavendell @ May 26 2008, 04:15 PM) *
Hello again Rene smile.gif

Yes, I like that white strat! I've put it together myself from parts I took from different second hand guitars. I think the body is an old ESP (400 series), and the neck is some "no-name" brand which I've scalloped and put a floyd rose nut on smile.gif And the tuners are from Fender, but that's basically all I know about it... laugh.gif

I don't use many effects. It's mostly just a little reverb and sometimes a short delay.

hehe looks like the quitar is some HYbrid quitar laugh.gif and don't have almost nothing to do with strat all ready laugh.gif
so i'm can't buy that one on store tongue.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
besip
May 28 2008, 11:56 PM
HI Marcus so my bending is no perfect but is realy big help know where was my problem so now everything is more better cool.gif

actualy you are playing over Podxt right?? so you are use also monitor speakers right???
and 1 more question like i'm write before this------>

actualy i'm was thinking to buy in future new quitar..like i'm write all ready i'm like Metal but also nice melodic playing..so i'm was thinking to buy verstaible quitar like ibanez 2550z..or maybe be good id to buy 1 Killer quitar for example with Emg pickups and sonest or later 1 more type of quitar like you have....{strat or les paul}<-----

what you thing for me is be good way to buy 1 verstaible quitar...or buy 2 diferent type of them.i'm know you have 11 or 12 quitar and your Hybrid Strat sound amazing wink.gif !!!! so if i'm be chose have 2 quitars{not yet..i'm out of money now laugh.gif } what kind of Strat or diferent kind of quitar for good price you be can recomedet for nice melodic playing??

with the Heavy Killer quitar i'm belive help my self..but here i'm like to have some advice from PRO guy like you are

Thx-Rene

This post has been edited by besip: May 28 2008, 11:57 PM

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
May 29 2008, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Hi Rene!

Yes, I use a PODxt (the bean shaped one) and I plug it into my computer which is connected to my speakers. So I don’t use a guitar amp.

About buying new guitars...
There are of course many versatile guitars that you could use for both Metal and melodic playing, so you could settle with just one guitar. What kind of guitars we like is very individual though, so it’s difficult to give you a good advise on this. But I can tell you what I would have done, if I were you: smile.gif
I personally love to have MANY guitars! biggrin.gif so I would have bought two guitars. One Ibanez that you mentioned, and one Stratocaster. I can’t recommend a specific model, but basically all the Japan- and US-made Strats are high quality guitars, in my experience.

Don’t forget to look at the second hand market. You can find very nice guitars for a good price there! smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:15 PM