New Record
klasaine
Feb 6 2016, 09:25 PM
GMC:er
Digital download as well as physical sales.
Free streaming too!

https://kl4music1.bandcamp.com/album/kl4

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Mertay
Feb 6 2016, 10:14 PM
Sweet! congrats listening the strem right now smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Feb 7 2016, 12:06 AM
Learning Roadie
yes !!!!

i really love it !!

specialy the cover of "ode of billie joe"

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Feb 7 2016, 12:10 AM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Feb 7 2016, 03:27 AM
Experienced Rock Star
That is some utterly gorgeous playing. Norwegian Wood is my favorite track on the album!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Feb 8 2016, 08:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
Wow...truly amazing playing, congrats Ken!!! "Vera" is definitely my favorite track on the album wink.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 8 2016, 10:48 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Hey Ken, congrats on the new release. It's has a cool and laid back feel to it that I like. The tunes that stood out the most for me were probably Minority, After The Goldrush, Vera and especially Turnaround. Very nice rhythm section you have there too so congrats to those guys and your Pianist as well.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 9 2016, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 8 2016, 02:48 PM) *
Very nice rhythm section you have there

Yeah, the band is good! They make it easy to play.
Thanks for listening everybody. 'Vera' is one of my favorites too. Funny - it was kind of an after thought, "hey, let's do one more".

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 9 2016, 04:10 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 9 2016, 07:01 PM
Congrats!! smile.gif Can you give us some tips on how you promote indie releases when you get them out there in the world? This seems to be the biggest hurdle these days. With so much saturation of music and so many people considering it a free thing, monetization is the new puzzle it seems. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Todd

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 9 2016, 09:16 PM
Gab is probably better at discussing this than I am. He and his band (Cirse) are a machine when it comes to indie promotion.

Having said that I have been selling both digital and physical media, a little bit everyday since I 'released' that latest record. So far, I'm only doing it via Bandcamp but I will distribute with CD Baby soon.
FB and direct email helps a lot.

I definitely sell CDs at gigs. Sometimes 1, sometimes 20. Generally, folks are more apt to 'buy' something after they've seen you play. It's psychological - they get to have a piece of the band.

And lets face it - Jazz is different. My audience is generally older and they still buy music. Also, since jazz is 'jam' and player oriented, most of the musicians play with a few (or several) different groups and usually have a solo project as well. Which means that most of the time, even when I'm on someone else's gig, I can sell my own merch too.

*The celtic rock band I play with is gearing up for our 'season'. We sell a lot of discs at shows. We have a merch table/tent - all the bands do. I don't completely understand why but the more specialized stuff seems to still sell product. Again, they see us 'live' and then they come over to the merch area, hang out, talk, drink beer ... buy CD and T-shirt. Everybody's happy!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 10 2016, 03:58 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2016, 09:05 AM
Some great advice here. Live shows generate income from the cd/merch table. Much harder to generate the same sort of income just doing web stuff. Sometimes you gotta actually "play out" and press some flesh!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 9 2016, 03:16 PM) *
Gab is probably better at discussing this than I am. He and his band (Cirse) are a machine when it comes to indie promotion.

Having said that I have been selling both digital and physical media, a little bit everyday since I 'released' that latest record. So far, I'm only doing it via Bandcamp but I will distribute with CD Baby soon.
FB and direct email helps a lot.

I definitely sell CDs at gigs. Sometimes 1, sometimes 20. Generally, folks are more apt to 'buy' something after they've seen you play. It's psychological - they get to have a piece of the band.

And lets face it - Jazz is different. My audience is generally older and they still buy music. Also, since jazz is 'jam' and player oriented, most of the musicians play with a few (or several) different groups and usually have a solo project as well. Which means that most of the time, even when I'm on someone else's gig, I can sell my own merch too.

*The celtic rock band I play with is gearing up for our 'season'. We sell a lot of discs at shows. We have a merch table/tent - all the bands do. I don't completely understand why but the more specialized stuff seems to still sell product. Again, they see us 'live' and then they come over to the merch area, hang out, talk, drink beer ... buy CD and T-shirt. Everybody's happy!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 20 2016, 08:03 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Lovely music Ken,

I've just ordered the CD, will be great music for driving through the country in my car in the summer smile.gif

Thanks

Any chance of a signed copy?

Thank you for the music smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 20 2016, 08:18 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 20 2016, 11:03 AM) *
Lovely music Ken,

I've just ordered the CD, will be great music for driving through the country in my car in the summer smile.gif

Thanks

Any chance of a signed copy?

Thank you for the music smile.gif

Sure. It's shrink wrapped so I have to open it up. Is that OK?
And thank you very much! It'll be in monday's mail.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Feb 20 2016, 08:32 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2016, 08:47 PM
Nice!!! Good combo of free/sales as well. Stream it free and buy to support. Great stuff btw!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 20 2016, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 20 2016, 07:18 PM) *
Sure. It's shrink wrapped so I have to open it up. Is that OK?
And thank you very much! It'll be in monday's mail.

You're very welcome my friend, you've helped me a bit of payback is due wink.gif

No worries opening it up,

Thanks Ken

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2016, 09:51 AM
CD came, great for chilling out in the car on the way home after a stressful day.

Thanks Ken smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 2 2016, 05:09 PM
My pleasure.
Glad you like it.

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Mar 2 2016, 05:50 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Such beautiful music!
And you made it! Your own RECORD! Very important!
Congratulations man!
Although I am a "metal to the bone" guy, I enjoy good JAZZ like yours smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 2 2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks George and welcome to GMC.

Yes, I did make it. It's not my first solo record and I've actually been on couple of labels (as a member of other bands) but this one is all my own on my own.

Everything from booking the sessions, dealing with art work and packaging, licensing songs (I do 7 covers), getting it up for sale and streaming, etc. It's actually a lot of work!
I learned a lot.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 3 2016, 03:36 AM
BTW Did Tina Guo play on it?

QUOTE (klasaine @ Mar 2 2016, 02:01 PM) *
Thanks George and welcome to GMC.

Yes, I did make it. It's not my first solo record and I've actually been on couple of labels (as a member of other bands) but this one is all my own on my own.

Everything from booking the sessions, dealing with art work and packaging, licensing songs (I do 7 covers), getting it up for sale and streaming, etc. It's actually a lot of work!
I learned a lot.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 3 2016, 03:49 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 2 2016, 06:36 PM) *
BTW Did Tina Guo play on it?

No. Just guitar, bass, drums and keys.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:56 AM