What Are Your Settings On Your Amp?
guitargod
Apr 23 2008, 03:01 PM
GMC:er
guys, was just wondering what are the settings configurations that u guys have on your amp that u set so that to achieve the sound that u want? how much do u all set for the mid,gain,tremble n bass, do share with us your configuration settings wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Apr 23 2008, 03:02 PM
Bass - 1 or 2
Mid - 10
Treble - 6

Gain - 4

I also use a Metal Zone though that adds some of the bass I want to my sound.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 23 2008, 03:09 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Here's a screenshot of my main program on my Pandora PX5d...its based on Muris's PX4D settings.

I can edit the programs on screen like this, its prety handy smile.gif

+Quote Post
guitargod
Apr 23 2008, 03:15 PM
if i want to achieve a more melodic n soulful sound, do u guys know which setting shld i go for?

--------------------
live everyday of your life like its your last n treasure everything and everyone around you to the fullest!!!
max life!!!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 23 2008, 03:18 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (guitargod @ Apr 23 2008, 03:15 PM) *
if i want to achieve a more melodic n soulful sound, do u guys know which setting shld i go for?

Well i think its more to do with what and how you play it not just the settings alone- but can you be more specific on the tone you're after? Based on a song or guitarist...

+Quote Post
guitargod
Apr 23 2008, 03:25 PM
yupyup, i am trying to achieve the john petrucci sound and the andy timmons sound? haha, any idea wat setting these guys uses?

the song for john petrucci is wishful thinking and the song for andy timmons is cry for u wink.gif

the song for john petrucci is wishful thinking and the song for andy timmons is cry for u wink.gif

--------------------
max life!!!

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 23 2008, 04:11 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Here's petrucci's gear page- will hopefully help you out a bit.

http://www.johnpetrucci.com/gear.htm

Have you considered an amp modeler such as a POD XT/X3 live? People share specific patches for sounds from songs.

I've tried alot of times to get a close to petrucci sound on my pandora- no luck so far. I can probably find it eventually, but it will take some more work for sure.

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Apr 23 2008, 04:27 PM
Gain - 7
Bass - 7
Mid - 8
Treble - 5.1

That's what I use for some kind of rock tone, I use my metal muff for metal stuff, but it's kind of the same except with more gain and less bass.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 23 2008, 04:33 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
once i saw a demonstration of mickeal angelo ( at guitare village, in paris suburbs), so we could ask him some question, actually he said that he always boost treble and bass, and he doesn't put a lot of middle

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 23 2008, 09:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Andy timmons goes on record as dampening his treble almost always... so that he "doesn't hurt peoples ears". Works for him.

Really there are no set rules for tone, you can get great tone with all kinds of settings. On the flip side of andy, a lot of people use a lot of treble in their tone and it works very well too. If you're having trouble with your tone, just set everything to twelve o clock and adjust from there... if it's not meaty enough, add some mids... if it sounds muted, try some treble, if you aren't chugging enough add some bass. Or try scooping the mids. Of course it helps if you turn the volume up biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 23 2008, 10:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I tend to be around flat setting when setting up my bass guitar sound..I have bass at 1 o'clock position , and also treble at 1 o'clock , middle is flat at 12...I though have a enhance knob which shapes my frequencies , something like mid scoop , turned all the way up you get bass n treble no middle slap sound , on the opposite end its all in middle and twangy (thats the setting I use for lesson to cut through the mix better) ...
Also I played on lots of different amps on stage and I always find my sound around flat position..With some intervention on my bass guitars eq..I don't like to color my sound on amps smile.gif Want it as clean as possible (like it gets out of my instrument) smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Apr 23 2008, 11:00 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 24 2008, 12:41 AM
Instructor
It depends, at home volume is mainly at 3 because of the neighbours. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 24 2008, 12:42 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 24 2008, 06:44 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (guitargod @ Apr 23 2008, 04:01 PM) *
guys, was just wondering what are the settings configurations that u guys have on your amp that u set so that to achieve the sound that u want? how much do u all set for the mid,gain,tremble n bass, do share with us your configuration settings wink.gif

I ran across a couple of books just now
Getting great guitar sounds
Sound like your fav

Edit: corrected the links

This post has been edited by MickeM: Apr 24 2008, 07:50 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:30 AM