Toneport Vs Pod
Enucleation
Jul 23 2008, 02:04 AM
GMC:er
Well a rather newbie question, maybe. But if all goes well I have 2 more weeks before I order my PodXt!

I'm a bit confused though, I want to use the Pod for a good recording sound as well as improving my amp sound but I keep hearing(er...reading) about this tone port. It seems to so the same thing in recording, or close to it.

So what is the difference?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Jul 23 2008, 02:04 AM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 23 2008, 02:13 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
They do use the same modeling software (Gearbox) but the pod is way more versatile. It's basically a programmable pedal if I'm not mistaken. I have the Toneport UX1 which is great for recording but very limited to being just an external sound card/interface. Much cheaper though.

If all you are after is recording, go for the Toneport to save the dough. I can say there are times I wished I had the pod to be able to switch tones with the touch of a button.

I'm sure you will get better feedback from members who have used both.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jul 23 2008, 02:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Tone port if you want to just record from home with your PC. PODxt if you want to record at home and be able to use it with your live gear. Then it would be like a bunch of pedals plugged into your effects loop that you can change with the push of one button and get the preset tone you want to jam with.

A tone port you can only use with a computer because it is a sound card that is software driven.

Hope that helped

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 23 2008, 07:31 AM
Instructor
POD XT live is better for using live and without the computer because it is also a pedalboard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 AM