2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Kid Rock..
vintageplaya666
Jul 24 2008, 01:55 PM
GMC:er
I seriously don't understand this artist.

I mean, how can he use music from great and classic song from other bands?

For his new one 'All Summer Long' he uses Lynard Skynard's Sweet Home Alabama. And for one of his old ones 'American Badass' he uses Metallica's Sad But True.

Can the musicians of his band not write their own music they have to use others.

Everytime they play these, wouldnt half of the Royalties go to the original band? And would Kid Rock of purchased copyright to use the music?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by vintageplaya666: Jul 24 2008, 02:19 PM

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Jul 24 2008, 02:07 PM
I don't like Kid Rock mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jul 24 2008, 02:07 PM
Me neither

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jul 24 2008, 02:12 PM
Who is Kid Rock?

--------------------

+Quote Post
vintageplaya666
Jul 24 2008, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jul 24 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Who is Kid Rock?

He is an American Rap/Rock artist who uses other bands music to create his own songs. He just puts different lyrics to them. Check out American Badass and All Summer Long. You will know what I mean.

I don't like him either.

--------------------

Signature Made By Spleeny

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift "

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 24 2008, 02:32 PM
I like alot of his older stuff.. mostly his stuff from devil without a cause, but he has some good tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxCNH_GoHKU...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5T3efSH6NU...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Vo-5uqBm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLdkz6HYBGg

--------------------

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jul 24 2008, 03:00 PM
I really don't understand or like Kid Rock. It kinda pissed me off that he stole the music to Sweet Home Alabama, and replaced it with his own lyrics, anyone can do that, it doesn't require much creativity, I don't see why he gets platinum albums for it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JuanMV
Jul 24 2008, 04:00 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
It's a commercial thing... don't like him either, but respect the fact that he made a lot of money with these kinds of stuff and, above all, he had a relationship with Pamela Anderson... this kid rocks man... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Duncan
Jul 24 2008, 05:22 PM
He hardly stole the music. I'm sure he has permission to use it. It's a good summer song so I don't see the problem. Loads of bands use other bands music all the time.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 24 2008, 05:25 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Let me sum up Kid Rock for you...

He sucks.
He's not worth listening to.
He cant write good music.

DONT LISTEN TO HIM!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jul 24 2008, 05:26 PM
...one of the biggest clowns of the American music scene...

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 25 2008, 12:12 AM
I like his song "Cowboy," that is about it. "Dawg I aint straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer," so funny song line.

Besides that, I almost can't stand him, when I first heard "All Summer Long," and heard the Sweet Home Alabama riff put right in there, and the piano solo at the end the EXACT same, I was like RIPOFF, omg, and my dad was like "No, man, it is a tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd," tribute my ass, when you ripoff something that bad, that is just sad.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jul 25 2008, 02:00 AM
He plays guitar and is famous, just a different type of music...rappers all steal other peoples music, he plays it when he steals it.... heres some clips of him playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjcmETc5IqY...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMie6Aqs7k...feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4U55yFFwj0...feature=related

--------------------

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 25 2008, 07:08 AM
He rocks.
I was surprised of the diversity, the genres he covered, on Rock'n Roll Jesus. Not what I expected from a guy I thought was a rap artist. I liked American Badass too.

And which artist doesn't steal from, get inspired by or have done covers of their heroes?

This post has been edited by blindwillie: Jul 25 2008, 07:11 AM

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Jul 25 2008, 02:52 PM
QUOTE (blindwillie @ Jul 25 2008, 07:08 AM) *
He rocks.
I was surprised of the diversity, the genres he covered, on Rock'n Roll Jesus. Not what I expected from a guy I thought was a rap artist. I liked American Badass too.

And which artist doesn't steal from, get inspired by or have done covers of their heroes?

I agree with the first part, but being influenced and making covers listed as COVERS are much different than taking a band's song, changing the lyrics, using the same riffs and solos, and trying to say it is your own songs. People who make covers always owe completely to the band they are covering.

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jul 25 2008, 02:54 PM
People may be surprised to know I dislike Kid Rock biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 25 2008, 03:16 PM
Instructor
Well, from a music business perspective he is doing a one-time thing. It means that he's time will pass, and he will probably leave nothing behind him, because he only used other peoples songs. But hey, if he is a star, this means he worked hard to do the job he do, and he's made a huge buck because of it, that deserves (some) respect in that sense.

Because I don't know him in person I can't judge him too much, and don't listen to that kind of music, but my guess is that he's oriented to younger population that don't have defined musical taste yet.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Jul 25 2008, 03:47 PM
Instructor
I have a hard time respecting artists who are unable to come up with their own personal material.
Well, for all i know, he could be able to write great songs himself but so far he havent showed the public much. I'm just judging out of what i have heard, and i dont like it.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jul 25 2008, 05:46 PM
well i don't really know what to think of him.. i like some of his stuff but i don't really respect that he stole songs and put his own lyrics to it but i mean rap artists do that all the time.. Ozzy even sold crazy train.. like it was CRAZY TRAIN and someone wrote a rap over it! that made me wanna cry so idk

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jul 25 2008, 06:45 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Jul 25 2008, 03:52 PM) *
I agree with the first part, but being influenced and making covers listed as COVERS are much different than taking a band's song, changing the lyrics, using the same riffs and solos, and trying to say it is your own songs. People who make covers always owe completely to the band they are covering.

You might have a point there. I haven't put that much thought into it. I was just surprised that it was nothing of what i was expecting.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:42 AM