5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
The Hasselhoff Collab, New Audio Collab
Ben Higgins
Mar 14 2014, 10:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Mar 14 2014, 08:52 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/tonyk525/hasselhoff-solo
Hope this better.Never seem to be able to use file upload on forum so will try to pm wav file Thanks

Thanks Tony.. the link is all good but you'll need to make it downloadable.. there should be an option if you go to 'edit' the track. There will be a box you can tick smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ztevie
Mar 15 2014, 02:11 PM
GMC:er
OK, I had some time over this saturday morning so I thought I'd give it a try.
There's plenty of time left so feel free to suggest improvments...
Also, is it ok with mp3's (320k) or do you prefer Wav?

Attached File  ZtevieHHBT.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 190

Attached File  ZtevieHHNoBT.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 102

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 15 2014, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Mar 15 2014, 01:11 PM) *
OK, I had some time over this saturday morning so I thought I'd give it a try.
There's plenty of time left so feel free to suggest improvments...
Also, is it ok with mp3's (320k) or do you prefer Wav?

Attached File  ZtevieHHBT.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 190

Attached File  ZtevieHHNoBT.mp3 ( 1.11MB ) Number of downloads: 102

Sounding damn good, man.. and yes mp3's are fine biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Mar 15 2014, 03:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My version.

This post has been edited by Beat Zbinden: Mar 15 2014, 04:08 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Hasselhof_Colab_Guitar_only.mp3 ( 473.9K ) Number of downloads: 104

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 15 2014, 05:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Mar 15 2014, 02:56 PM) *
My version.

Thanks Beat - got it ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 16 2014, 01:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Let's make this a video collab!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Hoff_collab_nbt.mp3 ( 1.07MB ) Number of downloads: 107

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 16 2014, 01:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 16 2014, 12:29 PM) *

This is the work of God ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 20 2014, 03:23 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 16 2014, 04:29 PM) *

Almost...almost got scared when you drop your sortie de bains, mister laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 21 2014, 11:08 PM
Learning Tone Master

See Ben, the guys are ready for a video collab biggrin.gif I told you it's a good idea to make this biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Mar 16 2014, 12:29 PM) *

Background and T-shirt.........I'm impressed biggrin.gif Great job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 22 2014, 10:07 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 21 2014, 10:08 PM) *
See Ben, the guys are ready for a video collab biggrin.gif I told you it's a good idea to make this biggrin.gif

Some of these guys want everything to be a video collab ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 22 2014, 01:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Mar 16 2014, 01:31 PM) *
This is the work of God ! laugh.gif

I think he should definitely stay in hasselhoff underware only to keep harmony with the background biggrin.gif

BTW.... I think Monica should post her video take in Pamela's swimming costume to keep the mood of a baywatch biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Mar 22 2014, 01:04 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 22 2014, 05:45 PM
Here's mine Ben:-

https://soundcloud.com/neilwaller/molotov-hasselhoff

Attached File  Molotov_Hasselhoff_nbt.wav ( 7.16MB ) Number of downloads: 104

Sorry about this, but it has to be done:-
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Mar 22 2014, 05:54 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Mar 22 2014, 06:32 PM
Nice breath of fresh air, cheers for this.

Attached File  dd_hoff_noBT.mp3 ( 681.43K ) Number of downloads: 97
Attached File  dd_hoff_withBT.mp3 ( 681.43K ) Number of downloads: 110

EDIT: Hmm.. sounds like the strings aren't perfectly in tune - sorry about that!

This post has been edited by dark_dude: Mar 22 2014, 07:03 PM

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 22 2014, 06:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Mar 22 2014, 12:02 PM) *
BTW.... I think Monica should post her video take in Pamela's swimming costume to keep the mood of a baywatch biggrin.gif

Hahahaha............Monica don't fits very well with that colour for swimming costume biggrin.gif And look, today is the last day to submit the take tongue.gif It's no time to keep the mood of a baywatch biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 22 2014, 07:23 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
If Monica posts a video in her Baywatch bikini, I'll post another one in my Hasselhoff underwear wink.gif

You all know you want it!

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 22 2014, 07:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 22 2014, 04:45 PM) *
Sorry about this, but it has to be done:-
Attached Image

Great addition, Captain !

That gif is hurting my eyes laugh.gif

But so hypnotic.... so hypnotic... so..

QUOTE (dark_dude @ Mar 22 2014, 05:32 PM) *
Nice breath of fresh air, cheers for this.

Attached File  dd_hoff_noBT.mp3 ( 681.43K ) Number of downloads: 97
Attached File  dd_hoff_withBT.mp3 ( 681.43K ) Number of downloads: 110

EDIT: Hmm.. sounds like the strings aren't perfectly in tune - sorry about that!

Nice one, Dude of Darkness ! No worries, I can raise the pitch of your take by micro tones until it gels perfectly wink.gif

OK, THE DEADLINE HAS APPROACHED AND I WILL ACCEPT NO MORE TAKES - THE COLLAB IS CLOSED !

If anyone disobeys my word then...

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 22 2014, 09:47 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 22 2014, 08:45 PM) *
Attached Image

One more time biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 23 2014, 12:17 PM
Instructor
GET READY FOR THE....

FINAL MIX !

Attached File  Hasselhoff_Collab_Final_Mix.mp3 ( 5.83MB ) Number of downloads: 217

Amitai - Love your tone here - really nice note choice as well.

Beat - Very similar compliments to Amitai - brilliant tone and note choice. Nice use of repetition without repeating yourself too much. Varying the phrases slightly whilst using some of the same phrasing is a great way to build solos.

Dark Dude - the more I listen to this solo, the more I like it. It's a real grower. The use of mirroring the tempo is also another important tool in creating memorable solos. I adjusted the EQ to reduce some of the fizz from the tone.

De Groot - Another great take from DG. Love the 70's rock vibe here. The tone fits snugly in this mix without too much adjustment. The change from single notes to double notes is also a nice transition.

Huargo - This is one of the strongest opening phrases in the collab. It's very confident and sets up the rest of the solo. Only suggestion is to watch out on your bends.. sometimes they can be slightly flat which can spoil your epic compositions !

Sensible Jones - Another melodic slice of pie here ! My only criticism is that the top end is very harsh on your tone.. but apart from being very bright, the tone itself is actually quite nice.. if you could find a way to balance it out a bit.. maybe add more low end and mid range and cut off a bit of the top.. it might sit better. Other than that - great stuff from my fellow Brit !

The Hef - The Hef manages to stop messing around with girls long enough to give us a take ! As always, a very confident presentation of notes from the Deutschlander... I would enjoy a bit more clarity in your tone if you could get it though ! I like your use of octave chords smile.gif

Tony K - A strong offering from T.K. Maxx ! Your cleaner tone is a nice break for the ears from all of us distortion hounds ! wink.gif Your takes are getting even better, this is a massive improvement from the first time you entered one of my collabs - great work !

WeePee - Sexy tone from the Finnlander ! Good choice of notes, melodic.. very relaxed with the pacing too. You've been happy to lounge out in the backseat with a glass of coke whilst us noisy kids busy ourselves with runs and arpeggios wink.gif

Zstevie - Another strong one. I'm loving that phrase you do about 3/4 of the way in, just before you start that last ascending run ! Btw, your take was very boomy when you were doing palm muted picking runs so I carved out some of the bottom end. When you record, you might have an excess of bass frequencies so bear that in mind. Nice job !

This was some of the strongest material since... well, the last collab ! wink.gif

I've mentioned tone and EQ to some of you but, to be fair, I have to EQ all of the solos to make them fit in some way. Some are too boomy. More often than not, it's usually harshness in the top end that I have to remove. smile.gif I always do a hi-pass cut on my solo tracks during the recording stage.. the hi-pass (just to confuse you) takes off the low end, whilst a lo-pass takes off the high end... I know, why are the names the wrong way around ?! So it's always worth trying to cut off anything you don't need.

I'm sure David Hasselhoff has enjoyed your guitar tributes and is heading off to the beach so save accident prone swimmers !

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Mar 23 2014, 12:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks for the mix and the feedback, Ben!
And for the collab, of course. Looking forward to the next one, as we already agreed on a title in "that other chat" it should start quickly biggrin.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 23 2014, 12:40 PM
Tone Seeker
NICE !! biggrin.gif Really good sounding MIX ! Loveit !

Only complain from me that my second part is a teeny weeny string bikin...millisecond behind ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Mar 23 2014, 12:42 PM

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 PM