> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Hard Rock Riffing, Lesson By Sinisa Cekic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 3 ] ** [100.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Hanagnagana
Nov 26 2013, 12:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Hard Rock Riffing by Sinisa Cekic

Hi, this is my first recorded lesson here on GMC. So I'm very excited:) Anyway, sorry for the bad angle in the video. Will sit down next time. Enjoy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2013, 12:44 PM
Instructor
Hey mate!

This take is very good and I think that the only improvement you could bring, would be to make it groove a little bit more - but that's something which will come with time and practice, as at this point it's a bit rigid. Also, take care with the final vibrato which sounds a bit out of pitch.

Another important aspect would be your right hand - you seem to hold it in the air when picking the faster runs - it would be of help if you would have your wrist positioned on the bridge and pick from the wrist not from the elbow - definitely more control over the playing will come in handy smile.gif

Keep rocking,

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 26 2013, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the REC Zone - congratulations for submitting your first take smile.gif

Overall, I think this was really good.. your timing was accurate and all bends were in tune. There was one main improvement I think you could make... in the main riff, you end the E note slightly too early for my taste. You can hear the note I mean at 0:05. This happens during every riff. If you could stay on that note a bit longer (and add a small bit of vibrato) before changing that would sound much better !

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2013, 11:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Good job on this lesson. I think that this lesson passes, with a grade around 8 & 9. However there is still room to improve. There are 3 topics that can be better and you will notice what I mean if you compare your take with Sinisa's. This 3 topics are: Groove, Dynamics, Smoother playing during fast sections. There is not too much to say about this, just check Sinisa's lesson and pay attention to these topics, you'll see what I mean. Keep on the good job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 27 2013, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Nice one! You took a lot of focus to be precise. That's very good. I would agree with very first words from Cosmin. Groove will come through time and as long You keep the respect for making lessons carefully and with details, You'll reach the groove skill soon as well smile.gif Good job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Nov 28 2013, 11:51 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 9

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:32 AM