My Tone (what Do You Think ? =) )
ruben_mcn
Dec 1 2009, 01:22 AM
Learning Roadie
What do you think off my guitar tone / sound is it good smile.gif is it bad sad.gif ???

do you think it´s good for the rec program ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Dec 1 2009, 01:49 AM
GMC:er
Tone's okay. Could use a little less drive perhaps (unless you require that amount for sustain) and I personally would put a little reverb on it. I'd also use a real light delay but everyone here can tell you that I ... have a delay addiction.

With regards to REC, it's probably best to look for a tone that is similar to the lesson and I think you've done that.

What's also important for REC is attempting to play the song close to the way it's played in the lesson and for that I think you're going to want to practice your rhythmic placement and timing. The phrases are started on time but you're losing the groove. See if you can play along with Piotr or double the notes in the guitarpro file. Take an hour or two to do that and you'll be much more likely to pass the REC grading.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 1 2009, 02:21 AM
Instructor
Agree with Jafo. You start off well but you tend to lose the pulse, you need to be patient.

For this type of backing track I would use a tone that is not as sharp,

Take a look at Greg Howe's tone as an example, it's very dull and that makes it very clear and easy to listen to, sometimes you don't want that though smile.gif

Greg Howe's tone

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 1 2009, 11:58 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Guys , i know this needs a bit more work to be a nice rec take .. i just wanted to know what you togth of my tone and i´m glad you liked it =)

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 1 2009, 12:24 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I like it.. You don't have the get the "exact" tone for the lesson you're working on. Anywhere close should be good enough. Focus should be more on playing and drilling techniques rather than worrying too much about getting the exact tone.

You've presented an example and asked if this tone will be good enough for the REC program. I'd say yes, of course but it will depend on the lesson. You will have to modify it based on the feel/style of the lesson.

Which lesson are you workin on? smile.gif
It would be much appreciated if you show us the lesson you're working on and then the sample of the tone, if it's really that important.

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 1 2009, 12:32 PM
Learning Roadie
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/
here is the lesson sorry for not posting it in the inicial post :S

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 1 2009, 12:38 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Wow, that lesson's got soul !! smile.gif .. The tone would certainly work for it, i reckon.. Looking forward to see your REC take. Cheers

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Dec 2 2009, 06:20 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (zen @ Dec 1 2009, 11:38 AM) *
Wow, that lesson's got soul !! smile.gif .. The tone would certainly work for it, i reckon.. Looking forward to see your REC take. Cheers

Thanks a lot =)

+Quote Post
sted
Dec 2 2009, 10:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds like you're tone is rolled off too much mate, far too much gain as well, try backing off on everything and letting the tone breathe a little, a touch of delay and/or reverb would help here too.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:27 PM