No More Video Chats With Todd?
Todd Simpson
May 6 2016, 01:46 PM
GMC:er
It looks like we are going to transition away from my video chat on Saturdays and on to other things smile.gif Not to worry though as it looks like I will be adding something new to the forums. Just what exactly I will be adding is yet to be determined but I"ll be trying several things to see what we can do that works well for everyone smile.gif If you have any suggestions or anything you'd like to see in the forum, and yes is can certainly involve video via youtube embed and such, feel free to post a suggestion.

Above all I want to make something that you guys want to be part of smile.gif Looking forward to seeing what we come up with smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 6 2016, 02:24 PM
Learning Roadie
i had sent a PM to kris about a Vchat solution, i never get any answer from him......

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 6 2016, 02:46 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 6 2016, 03:24 PM) *
i had sent a PM to kris about a Vchat solution, i never get any answer from him......

Laurent

Got it - sorry for not confirming.

The reason we have decided to pause with Todd's chats is not only because 123flashchat was abandoned, it is because we need to prioritise with the resources we have.

When there are just a few students attending the chat - it makes much more sense for Todd to experiment with other instructional forum ideas.

Suggestions are welcome btw. So far the most promising idea is for Todd to start off with a shred-bpm-contest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 6 2016, 02:51 PM
Learning Roadie
When there are just a few students attending the chat - it makes much more sense for Todd to experiment with other instructional forum ideas.

in other hand,Todd cannot do Vchat session with 10 guys, this is a no sense.
in average we are 4, i think it's enought.

So, no more chat, it's very sad sad.gif

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 6 2016, 02:56 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 6 2016, 03:51 PM) *
in other hand,Todd cannot do Vchat session with 10 guys, this is a no sense.
in average we are 4, i think it's enought.

So, no more chat, it's very sad sad.gif

Laurent

Indeed sad.gif

I hope something good will come out of this

--------------------

+Quote Post
GregH
May 6 2016, 03:10 PM
Todd's chats were a big part of why I was a member of this site.
The attendance on a given chat might sometimes be small but there was a good number of students who attended on an irregular basis. I always looked forward to catching up with my friends.

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 6 2016, 03:17 PM
hmmm...just to throw in an idea I thought of a game, we take a short backing which can be looped easily. After someone records a solo over it, he/she will choose someone (from a list) and that chosen person must records a solo as an answer. Time must be limited, everyone must have 2 days max.

Sort of like everyone challenging each other but as friendly as we always are smile.gif this video came to my mind;

This post has been edited by Mertay: May 6 2016, 03:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 6 2016, 04:25 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (GregH @ May 6 2016, 06:10 AM) *
Todd's chats were a big part of why I was a member of this site.
The attendance on a given chat might sometimes be small but there was a good number of students who attended on an irregular basis. I always looked forward to catching up with my friends.

+1. It was a good run while it lasted. Thanks to Todd and the rest of the instructors whos video chat lessons I have had the pleasure of attending over the years.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 6 2016, 04:55 PM
Learning Roadie
It was a good run while it lasted.

Hooo yeah !

yes it was a good time !!!! but now i have reserved all my sunday evening for the Vchat..... what can i do with this time !?

i know !! i'll practive Todd's lessons !!

7 more and i break the current record !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 6 2016, 06:49 PM
I'm going to try several new ideas in the coming weeks to see what resonates with folks smile.gif Thanks for the suggestions thus far! I"m going to try to have something to shar, the by Saturday so that in our usual slot, there is a bit of fun guitar play to work on smile.gif

Many thanks to Kris for supporting 5 years of online lessons. Onward!

Todd

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 7 2016, 10:25 PM
NEW SATURDAY SHRED CHALLENGE!!!!!!

direct link: http://bitly.com/saturdayshred1

I've created a new thing called the "SATURDAY SHRED CHALLENGE" where each Sat, I will challenge you guys to make a short solo over a selected backing. This week, it's in honor of PRINCE, doing his solo over "WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS". If you didn't see this performance of his, it's amazing. I don't expect everyone to be Prince, the only requirement is that you download the backing, and record yourself on video playing a solo to it. Then upload to youtube and embed your vid in a reply in the challenge thread. You will get great feedback and a SHRED CHALLENGE mission badge. It takes a lot to put yourself out there playing guitar on the web for everyone to see, but that's what I want you guys to do!! smile.gif Click on the link at the top of this post to get started!
Todd

+Quote Post
Fran
May 8 2016, 07:26 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Excellent idea Todd smile.gif

You rock cool.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 8 2016, 07:58 PM
Instructor
I'm sure that this will bring new great stuff! That first challenge sounds killer! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 8 2016, 10:24 PM
We have our first VICTOR in the Challenge!! PHILL 66. He was the first to submit a take and "Badge up' smile.gif
Attached Image

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 8 2016, 02:58 PM) *
I'm sure that this will bring new great stuff! That first challenge sounds killer! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 8 2016, 10:58 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Proud to be the first badge winner smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2016, 03:56 PM
WELCOME TO THE SATURDAY SHRED CHALLENGE!!!!

To replace my Saturday Video Chats, I'm going to start a SATURDAY SHRED FEST CHALLENGE. The format is going to be rather open at first. Follow the link at the top to joint the challenge. It will be a new one each week due before the following week. Just make a youtube vid of yourself playing over the selected backing and get a critique and a mission badge if your playing is up to snuff!!! It's a challenge so push yourself!

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:54 PM